Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Arcturus AK74 5.45 mags

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 3rd, 2020, 14:43   #1
Promagnon

Arcturus AK74 5.45 mags

Anyone know where to find them and if anything else works? I am having a hell of a time sourcing Arcturus 5.45 mags! Like why sell a product that people can't get the basic parts for like MAGS! I have tried LCT and KWA mags and they don't work. I was thinking E&L might work but I can't seem to find any for sale. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else tested other 5.45 mags or know of ones that work?
Promagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 10:34   #2
Ratters

LCT 74 mags tend to be brittle, especially when you're trying them in another aeg and you're not careful. The front tab tends to break off or crack if you persuade it too much.

VFC and G&P are the top end of quality. Dimensions and markings and loaded mag indicator hole are present on some VFC 74 mags. They (VFC / G&P) also both have the upper reinforced side bolsters.

MAG brand are good, affordable and fit most aeg ak's, Cyma are not bad, DBoys may also work including battleaxe. I only have experience with VFC, G&P, LCT, Echo 1, TM, DBoys, CYMA and MAG brand magazines.

Most are available overseas if you're patient enough to send comms, wait, order and wait again for cbsa to clear them.

Hope it helps

PS, don't be afraid if you need to flat file some plastic areas, the rear locking tab usually. test fit the front lip into the gun and if it fits in and out leave it alone. Don't alter the metal mag release unless your set on a brand of mag and choose to only use them. altering this part may also affect resale as some buyer like to hunt for flaws to help them barter.

Last edited by Ratters; January 12th, 2020 at 10:42.. Reason: added stuff
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion