Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ballistic glasses

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 11th, 2013, 01:26   #1
boogiebot

ballistic glasses

ok so today was the first time that I had a chance to go out and play at my local field. what a day! folks were super cool and just all out great environment.

Since i come from paintball i decided to get a JT proflex 8 full mask. Although it performed pretty good, when i started to sweat i did get a bit of fog and moisture. I have decided to try out some ballistic glasses and a mesh mask.

would like to get the advice of you guys on here what is a good brand to get that will keep my eyes safe. im comfortable with spending any where from 35-70 dollars.

thanks in advance
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:52   #2
nichtessen

Most fields around here atleast and the events run on here require full sealed goggles. You might not even need to buy new eye protection you can get the fog spray and whips for about ten dollars. Had the same problem on my paintball mask just used that and no problem any more
nichtessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:44   #3
boogiebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichtessen View Post
Most fields around here atleast and the events run on here require full sealed goggles. You might not even need to buy new eye protection you can get the fog spray and whips for about ten dollars. Had the same problem on my paintball mask just used that and no problem any more
hey thanks for the tip.

i guess we are kind of lucky out here as the field lets you use glasses if you so choose. most of the guys today were playing with glasses and mesh and some just glasses.

one thing i hate about the paintball masks is they make me sweat. and when i sweat it tends to be from the face so its just not a great combo for me.
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:48   #4
mrdzicc

Depending on your age your area may not permit the use of glasses. I'm pretty sure here in Edmonton (and area) all minors are required to wear fully sealed goggles, whereas adults can wear the glasses; BC may be different. However to answer your question I haven't seen many glasses run that low. Oakley M-Frames run well over $100 ($160 at the Oakley store in West Edmonton Mall), I've seen ESS glasses range from $45 to $100+ (those were US prices not including shipping), I've also seen Wiley glasses go for $60+ (again US prices not including shipping), Revisions from $45 to again $100+ (US prices), 5.11's from $80+ (US prices). Your cheapest bet would be to order the Revision Sawfly basic kit from DS Tactical (dstactical.com - $67.99) and they're based in Vancouver so shipping should be cheap. Be aware that replacement lenses from them are $22.99 each from DS Tactical as well, so try to avoid taking direct shots to the lenses often as the price will stack up. You don't want to buy something just because though; your eyesight is an important thing...don't cheap out on safety gear like that
mrdzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:09   #5
Apathy

I did a review on Bobster Prowler ballistic glasses, I paid $58 give or take a couple shipped to my door. Make sure your local fields allow the use of these glasses and that they meet the ratings your fields require.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=151736
Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:42   #6
sammynac99

if you got 100 bucks to spend, go for the Revision Desert Locusts for 99.99. they rock and i know alot of people that use them! you can also get ESS goggles that are very good brand new for 100$ or less.Beware Repros! ensure that they are ANSI/Milspec rated! if its too good to be true with eyepro, it definitely is! dont have to look too far to see serious issues/stories about bad repro goggles.
You find yourself in the ocean,20 foot waves,Going up against a 800-pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends?You lose that battle.You lose that battle 9 times out of 10.Well guess what? You’ve wandered into a school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion! We’ve communicated.Lion is good!
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:51   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

You never had fogging issues in paintball? I didnt know it was a problem unique to airsoft.
Did you put some fogtech or simaler on the lense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:56   #8
L473ncy

Oh? Did they start allowing ballistic glasses or sealed ballistics?

I think some of the guys around here like the ESS ICE ballistics and I know one guy in Van who uses Revision Sawflys, if you need sealed ballistics I believe the Revision Bullet Ants are quite popular in Europe (I'm pretty sure that Scout over in UK uses those).
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:27   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I like my ess profile they are prety sweet im on my seccond pair.
You will at 99% of the places have to wear full seal and tho some places will allow balistic glases type they are few and far between and most will still require the full seal type glasses andbi find those even worse for fogging as yiur eyes are moist and there is little to no venting
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:31   #10
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

BB Bastard carries a line of Eyepro now, inexpensive, BALLISTIC, ANSI rated eyewear. http://www.bbbastard.com/eyepro/go-s...rm-system.html

These have a rubber seal around them, so with use of the strap, you now have a recognized full seal glasses, ones you wont be worried about scratching.

They will be restocked after convention, and they now come with TAN Frames
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:23   #11
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants

Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
I like my Pyramex V2G-XP Goggles, they're comfortable and don't fog. I use a mesh lower mask as well. I'm not too sure of who sells them, but i bought them for $22.50 from an airsoft field here in toronto. Hope this helps.
EchoFourTwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:49   #12
TurlteRaph

I used a mesh lower mask with a Scott paintball goggle when I was at Ambush and the goggle didn't fog up. Mesh mask should make a different.
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:36   #13
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Looked at Pyramex? I sell them for between $15-$25, and they're CSA/ANSI Z87 rated ballistic goggles.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:38   #14
Matula
formerly sammer

Go with Bollé!!

http://www.bolle-tactical.com/

WGC shop just received fresh X800 ( not China ) for 35 $.
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:47   #15
chaz

I picked up a set of Pyramex I-forces to try out this season. They fit nice and comfy. We'll see how they fair.
Hero Army Surplus in Oshawa carries a few different models of Pyramex goggles.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank