Converting TM G18C to G17???

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 27th, 2013, 15:22   #1
Mikotech

Converting TM G18C to G17???

Hi,
I know, strange question to ask this but I have a good reason. I think

I have TWO TM G18C which one of them is almost stock (gun fully functionnal for parts) and the semi/auto mechanism is sloppy due to a modded kind of home made plate that screws inside the rear end. Original Part number is: ???????. The part I need is the one that is screwed and retains the selector from the inside (see the picture). I don't find this part online or maybe I'm not looking at the right place.
My ''replacement'' parts was hand made with dremel by the previous owner and is not doing the job properly. It works but not as good as a new one. It sometimes switch to auto by itself when shooting.

The question is: Can I put a G17 alu slide + 150% spring and find a easy way to lock the mechanism inside in semi only without loosing the possibility to reconvert back to semi/auto functions if I want to?

The stock one is my parts gun but if I can use it as a G17 I would be very happy. I would like to have it without selector switch that wobbles around and that switch to full auto randomly while still having an 100% of replacement parts for the main pistol.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Mikotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 17:36   #2
coach
aka coachster

The G17 slide won't fit on a G18c. I vaguely remember which one I was swapping but it took a long time to get it off
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 18:20   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Impossible, unless you're willing to swap out ALL of the guts in the back of the slide as well as the entire hammer block, and the trigger bar.

The cost of doing that would cost you so much, you might as well just buy a brand new G17 for less money...
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 18:58   #4
Mikotech

Thank you guys for the answers.
So, I'll try to find an original part to replace the home made one.
Any idea where to find it?

Thanks
Old August 28th, 2013, 00:14   #5
Towe1ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
The G17 slide won't fit on a G18c. I vaguely remember which one I was swapping but it took a long time to get it off
Lmao, I've done the exact thing. It was a pain in the ass to remove. Went on pretty easy. Lesson learned.
Towe1ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 01:31   #6
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikotech View Post
Thank you guys for the answers.
So, I'll try to find an original part to replace the home made one.
Any idea where to find it?

Thanks
This one here !?.

or just ask me. I think I may have a few of them lying around somewhere.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...ms&catid=&cat=

To answer the original question though...

The only Glock that I know of that can be converted to a G17 from an 18c (and vice versa) is the Stark Arms Glocks.

They use the same internals in both guns. Only real difference is that there is a piece that disables the fire selector to semi only mode for the G17. Plus you'll need to buy a Stark Arms G17 slide and outerbarrel.

The system uses the same internal design as Tokyo Marui's. That piece mounted on my Marui BBU just fine BUT it hampered functionality greatly. The fire selector blocker thingy, i mean.

otherwise...

Quote:
Impossible, unless you're willing to swap out ALL of the guts in the back of the slide as well as the entire hammer block, and the trigger bar.

The cost of doing that would cost you so much, you might as well just buy a brand new G17 for less money...
^what he said...
Old August 29th, 2013, 14:24   #7
Mikotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
This one here !?.

or just ask me. I think I may have a few of them lying around somewhere.
PM send
Old September 9th, 2013, 18:23   #8
-Otto-

What would be problem in dropping 18C slide internals into G17 slide? Why gun cares whether you put G18C BBU into G18 or G17 slide?
-Otto- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:15   #9
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Otto- View Post
What would be problem in dropping 18C slide internals into G17 slide? Why gun cares whether you put G18C BBU into G18 or G17 slide?
Because a G17 doesn't have a cutout for the selector lever... that's the primary reason.
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:25   #10
-Otto-

Yeah it doesn't. But as you might know, Stark Arms are very close to G18C Marui system. And they use it in 17/19. If you figure out how to set in place the thing that is responsible for resetting trigger bar, then it should work (if not it would be either full or semi auto only)?
Why would it be hard time to take it off? Sure its a problem when you put G18C slide with G18C internals on G17 hammer assembly, but thats not the thing we discuss.
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:31   #11
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Unsure. I don't have a G18C here to test your theory. Give it a try.
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:36   #12
-Otto-

Well, my friend got G18C, so I want to give it a go, but I dont want to end up with locked down pistol, thats why I ask.
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:09   #13
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Otto- View Post
Yeah it doesn't. But as you might know, Stark Arms are very close to G18C Marui system. And they use it in 17/19. If you figure out how to set in place the thing that is responsible for resetting trigger bar, then it should work (if not it would be either full or semi auto only)?
Why would it be hard time to take it off? Sure its a problem when you put G18C slide with G18C internals on G17 hammer assembly, but thats not the thing we discuss.
As I said (if I remember correctly), the Stark Arms Glocks use a universal internal system based on the Marui Glock 18c internals. Their G19, G17 and G18c all use the same system unlike Marui where they use two different systems for their semi and full auto Glocks. Essentially, the Stark Arms semi Glocks are Glock 18c's in a Glock 17 body.

This is how the Stark Arms system is able to interchange complete slides so readily. The only real difference is that piece that blocks the fire selector when using a G17 Stark Arms slide and the inclusion of a lock block on the front chasis.

For the Question of whether you can put a G18 BBU into g17 slide, all I can say is that it's possible if you modify the shit out of it. WHich i wouldn't recommend you doing unless you have a spare G18c BBU. Then go buy a G18c hammer block to replace your G17 hammer set to ge it to work...

A g18c BBU needs to trip certain things (mainly the auto sear). Thus it will have different dimensions and different cut outs. You'll need to modify that G18c BBU heavily.

Even if you fit the G18c BBU in the G17 slide, the gun will not function fluently. The gun will actually jam on you several times....

Last edited by e-luder; September 10th, 2013 at 14:02..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 21:37   #14
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
I think this is the best option

Guns Modify SAI RMR slide prototype for Marui Glock 17 Glock 18 Pre order now ! - YouTube

Recently discovered is the SAI RMR slide on a glock 18 has a hidden fire selector that can be set on semi. That would "covert" your glock18c into a glock17 (losing the external fire selector)

Short of buying a whole new glock, i think this is the cheapest option available.

-alex

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:39   #15
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
I think this is the best option

Guns Modify SAI RMR slide prototype for Marui Glock 17 Glock 18 Pre order now ! - YouTube

Recently discovered is the SAI RMR slide on a glock 18 has a hidden fire selector that can be set on semi. That would "covert" your glock18c into a glock17 (losing the external fire selector)

Short of buying a whole new glock, i think this is the cheapest option available.

-alex
That kit is pretty expensive. It's almost the cost of a NEW clearsoft Marui G17 custom in Canada....

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner