Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We Scar-l vs We L85A2

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 10th, 2013, 13:36   #1
MRGILL1996

We Scar-l vs We L85A2

this will be my first gas gun and im also getting 12 co2 mags and every ra tech upgrade and a reaps hop up bucking with the rifle. for scar i will put on my eo tech 4x and holo and buy a grenade launcher and side bipod. i will get the same for the l85 and include a rail system to attach this stuff on it, optic rail change for l85 and everything required to make those accsesories work with both rifles. And its not about bullpup or standard for me ive used both, prefere bullpup but for this choice im willing to go with whatever. so ill be ready for any milsim but i just dont know which one to buy. if anyones got these rifles can you give me reliablily(not upgraded), reliablily(fully upgraded), range(not upgraded), range(upgraded), Accuracy(not upgraded), Accuracy(upgraded), use in winter in about no less than -5 upgraded and not upgraded. i am only buying these one of these rifle as ive debated others for a long time. the upgrade build i will use are: http://www.northernrecon.ca/custom-w...lv1-p-422.html and http://www.northernrecon.ca/custom-w...lv3-p-410.html exept without the extended barrel. please give me as much detail as possible.
Edit: BTW ive calculated the cost for each with everything i will buy and the prices are almost exactly the same so price isnt a issue.
Edit 2: bullpup vs standard, rail adaptors and all that have been calculated and been acounted for so i just need those questions above answered.

Last edited by MRGILL1996; February 10th, 2013 at 14:00..
MRGILL1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 13:51   #2
Disco_Dante

I'm not sure you can get many RA-tech parts for the L85. I know there's a steel bolt, but I don't think they make a steel trigger pack for it.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 14:03   #3
MRGILL1996

at this point im only concerned about the questions i posted above. im an extremely fast learn and accounted for the other things i will need.
Old February 10th, 2013, 14:09   #4
Danke

If it was me I'd get both.
Old February 10th, 2013, 14:12   #5
Disco_Dante

As far as your questions on range and accuracy are concerned, they both use the same barrel and the same hop up rubber... so you can get similar results from either.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 14:52   #6
Towe1ey

Get the V2 propane mags. They're way better than CO2 IMO. They're also cheaper if that's a concern. IIRC, the CO2 mags have a greater fluctuation of FPS then the propane ones as well, which you never want. Just my 2 cents... or 5 cents, seeing as how the penny is being phased out. Hah.
Towe1ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 15:09   #7
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towe1ey View Post
Get the V2 propane mags. They're way better than CO2 IMO. They're also cheaper if that's a concern. IIRC, the CO2 mags have a greater fluctuation of FPS then the propane ones as well, which you never want. Just my 2 cents... or 5 cents, seeing as how the penny is being phased out. Hah.
i thought it was the opposite that propane suffered from fluctuations due to temperature sensitivity while CO2 is a little more consistent from less temperature sensitivity?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 15:21   #8
MRGILL1996

My friend has both mags and co2 works better in winter where I live so im just worried a out the gun
Old February 10th, 2013, 15:31   #9
Towe1ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
i thought it was the opposite that propane suffered from fluctuations due to temperature sensitivity while CO2 is a little more consistent from less temperature sensitivity?
You may be right, CO2 definitely works better in colder temperatures as it suffers less than propane. I'm pretty sure however that if both were to be tested side by side in let's say 20C, propane would be more consistent in FPS fluctuations. I could be wrong...
Old February 10th, 2013, 15:35   #10
redzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towe1ey View Post
You may be right, CO2 definitely works better in colder temperatures as it suffers less than propane. I'm pretty sure however that if both were to be tested side by side in let's say 20C, propane would be more consistent in FPS fluctuations. I could be wrong...
as the temperature rises, the propane will heat up and the pressure rises as well, that would give you more FPS and more consistent shots, would it not?
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 16:10   #11
Kos-Mos

SCAR L

I am using my rifles in winter. And the only one that works A1 is the SCAR.
Also, if you plan on using GBBRs at low temperatures (read 10c or lower), NO UPGRADES.

I used to have 8 CO2 mags. Sold them all. What ever the temperature, FPS will greatly vary from shot to shot. Propane has more issues at low temperatur, but as long it stays the same, FPS will also be stable across all shots. And that is the important thing.

For example, I played yesterday. -21c
I was able to get around 20 shots out of my mags on propane.
My friend has the RATech steel bolt and trigger pack. He can't fire 3 shots.
Last year, around the same time, I played a game, again -20ish C.
I could not adjust my hop-up as every shot was different, I was not able to get a stable FPS. Some shots where 300 while some where 420. And that is the same rifle, no changes of parts other than the mags.

Last advice, DO NOT UPGRADE. Leave your gun stock. It won't break unless you never do maintenance and abuse your gun. When it breaks, install stock parts. There is always plenty of spares around because people do not listen to this advice, and upgrade/sell the stock parts.

See my friend's example above, he has an HK416 with RATech steel bolt and RATech trigger kit. My comparison gun was an M4 CQBR with no upgrades other than NPAS.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 16:25   #12
Towe1ey

You're exactly right Kos-Mos. This actually happened to my friend and I at a game late last fall. Where he was using an RA-Tech Steel Bolt upgrade, I was running a stock one in my M4. He was able to get 5-10 shots out, maybe 15 at best. Never a full magazine.

On my stock bolt I was able to run through an entire mag, complete with bolt lock, despite the colder temperatures.
Old February 10th, 2013, 16:49   #13
MRGILL1996

wow okay so right now im going with scar, with extra stock parts and upgrades that i can install in summer and take off in winter unless the l85 convinces otherwize
Old February 10th, 2013, 16:53   #14
w1lp33

Buy both :-)
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 17:02   #15
redzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1lp33 View Post
Buy both :-)
there is no such thing as too many guns, so why not?
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion