Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kwa? Vfc? We?g&g?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 11th, 2015, 13:44   #1
rehab27

Kwa? Vfc? We?g&g?

I was looking to get a new M4 based rifle I have a G&G CM16 and I wanted to know which brand I should get. KWA, VFC,WE or stay with G&G. Which would you prefer and why? What are some pros and cons with performance and build quality.

Thanks,
rehab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 13:49   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
tons of post like this mate, just use the search function.

Order of best to worse imo.

AEG'S

VFC
KWA
G&G / WE

Get a VFC and never look back.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 14:02   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yeah VFC will have the nicest externals and decent internals. However if money isnt a factor just buy a systema lol (im still workin on that lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 14:03   #4
hollywood...
cranky old man

KWA all the way
Old May 11th, 2015, 15:01   #5
bryanman
Banned

What's your budget? Are those the only brands you're considering?
bryanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 18:27   #6
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

So based on the answer already, You have your answer. Everyone like their own Brand.
I like G&G toptech products Over all.
Old May 11th, 2015, 20:05   #7
General Lee

I had a G&G TR16A3 Top Tech probably the nicest rifle I ever owned I had it set up as a DMR I wish I never traded it for the WE Tech M14 because I had to replace every part in it and I am in it $1000 something for the gun and all the replacement parts...
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 23:12   #8
warplane95

VFC=KWA>G&G TopTech>WE
Old May 12th, 2015, 00:37   #9
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

I would personally scratch WE right off the batt.

Out of the box, KWA, G&G Top Tech and VFC are going to perform similarly. If you're planning on upgrading in the future, be aware KWA uses a proprietary 2 piece hop unit. The new VFC's have the benefit of having a stock rotary hop unit in them; G&G still uses an in-line traditional M4 style. VFC's are widely known for having tip top externals, KWA and G&G's are also nice, but not on par with VFC. Top Techs probably have slightly nicer stock internals than VFC, better piston, motor. VFC's have self shimming gears, G&G's have regular gears and shims; some people like the self shimming gears, I'm personally not a fan.

The way I would order them:
VFC
G&G Top Tech
KWA

WE

Last edited by Kozzie; May 13th, 2015 at 15:52..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 00:51   #10
j_march

What about G&P?
Old May 12th, 2015, 01:02   #11
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_march View Post
What about G&P?
G&P's are not great out of the box, and are overrated IMO. They have good looking externals but suffer from embarrassing issues such as off spec rails, the dust cover can't be closed etc. Their internals aren't that great either, the gear posts tend to break quite frequently, their motors also have a bad rep. Mine suffers from mag fitment issues which requires "the velcro mod" just to get mags to feed right. There seem to be a lot of sloppy issues with G&P, I would expect better from a brand with that price tag.

Last edited by Kozzie; May 12th, 2015 at 01:09..
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:12   #12
EOD Steve

Most (all) knowledgeable techs will agree that for AR-pattern rifles, VFC is the current pinnacle.

The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 14:36   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

vfc.. when something breaks inside, they are the most replacement part friendly out of all of the brands listed.

gearbox shell is strong... g&g will crack.

when you open it up, shit stays where it's supposed to.. the trigger spring doesn't send the trigger flying, the ARL doesn't torque and push the bevel out... you just need to hold the cylinder down when closing the gearbox vs other brands where that shit is springing every which way.

The vfc gearbox also has enough room to install certain handmade basic mosfets INSIDE the gearbox, leaving the buffer tube clear.
Old May 12th, 2015, 16:41   #14
CLundy

Honestly it's all based on opinion and budget. I personally love my G&G way better than any other m4 I've used (and yes I've tried kwa and vfc), but when it comes down to it, as previously mentioned, they're all almost the same out of the box. Each gun will perform well for a stock gun, each gun will last long enough if you take good care of it. People will tell you that if you don't have the most expensive gun that you're wasting your time but that's not nessecarily true. If you really want to know which one to get, I would suggest heading to a local store to try them out!

On a side note, I do know that kwa uses some proprietary parts so keep that in mind if you're planning on upgrading.

Hope this helped!
CLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 17:27   #15
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I wouldnt say its entirely based on opinion. It is prety much a fact that VFC has some of (if not the) nicest externals, especially when it come to AR's and IMO the hands down nicest 416's and 417's on the market.
internally they have improved by leaps and bounds and the only fault I found in my 417 was an aluminium piston head and a polycarb piston. Head should have been some kind of plastic and piston should have been some kind of fiber reinforced polymer.
For sure of the brands suggested they are going to be the nicest externally and just as good internally.
if it was purely opinion i would say just buy a JG or Echo1 and drop either a pre built or self built lonex box (most of my guns are china crap with good parts put in and they all shoot just as well or beter than my stock vfc417 did and the cost was about the same, 250 for the gun and 150-250 in parts.) I know the OP was askin for our opinions but perhaps i should ask this. What do you want out of the gun. Do you want the best looking gun, best performing, or a workhorse, looks okay shoots consistantly and can take a beating without you caring about a scratch or scuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion