Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AKs iron sights useless?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 13th, 2018, 20:40   #1
MrDboy

AKs iron sights useless?

Here is a bit of my story with two different AKs: last Fall I got into buying an AK platform, because my friend had one and once I tried it I fell in love with the different feel it had, tired of M4! Since I didnÂ’t have the money to buy the high-end E&L or LCT, I got a Cyma AK105 from toronto airsoft. I have to admit, I was kinda disappointed when I got the all wobbly gun lol, but what to expect for that price tag. First thing I notice when I shoot it for the first time: BBs hits high, way too high, canÂ’t adjust my rear sight lower. I didnÂ’t complain since it was just for some time. This time, got the money and bought an LCT AKS 74, rock solid, though same problem, iron sights useless. I wouldnÂ’t mind if it was an M4, I wouldÂ’ve put a red dot, but IÂ’d like running my AKs with iron sights. Anyone with the same experience? Any fix/solution?
MrDboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2018, 21:29   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

First thing fist, try using heavier BBs, 0.30g or more. They tend to have a flatter trajectory than lightweight BBs. If its still not good enough, think about getting a R-Hop installed, they also help flattening the BB trajectory. If you don't have access to a good gun doc that's got experience with R-Hops and don't want to install the R-Hop yourself, a flat hop or one of the Maple Leaf buckings with the very large bump and the hop-up bridge also also help getting a flatter trajectory, although its not as noticeable as with a R-Hop.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 06:55   #3
MrDboy

I’ll try buying .30g BBs, I’m not sure how it could make BBs hit higher so I can use my iron sight though... I searched all over the internet but no one else seems to have this problem with AK.
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:11   #4
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

In your first post you said the BB was hitting too high... Not too low. I have the same problem with my AKs and a few othee guns and its normal. BBs don't fly in a straigth line. Hop-up makes them slowly creep up as they move until backspin slows donw and they drop. On guns with very high sights such as armalites, p90, g36, etc its not as noticeable because they slowly creep up in your sights line. But on guns with low sights such as AKs, Thompsons, MP5, etc its a lot more noticeable. I think its worse with shorter barrels, but that's just my own anecdotic observations. I don't have any scientific test to back that observation and it could be due to a multitude of factors other than barrel length.

Québec province's master age verification representative.

Last edited by Drakker; August 14th, 2018 at 08:15..
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:29   #5
RainyEyes

Did u try turning the hop off
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 16:19   #6
MrDboy

Well my bad, I just wanna make sure, if I go buy a rail and red dot for that AK, would that fix it, it’s just unplayable right now.
Old August 14th, 2018, 17:25   #7
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Before you buy rails and red-dots, first check to make sure its not something with your barrel group (hop-up, bucking, inner barrel). Try what was suggested with the heavier bb's, if that doesn't work then take a look at the barrel area and make sure everything is clean, aligned etc.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 18:12   #8
MrDboy

I’ll try the heavier BBs, I’m not disassembling a brand new replica though, first I have no experience doing so and as I said it’s brand new, plus I’m having the same issue on another AK74, if the sight was actually adjustable at least!
Old August 14th, 2018, 19:26   #9
RainyEyes

Reminds me of this:
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2018, 20:58   #10
MrDboy

hahaha yeah I don’t wanna put rail and red dot on my AK either, but it’s just unplayable without the iron sights, as I said, I didn’t care on a cheap gun, but a $450 one, I just can’t believe the sights are there just for look lol
Old August 15th, 2018, 04:52   #11
Amos

Where do you have the rear sight set to? Is it pulled all the way back? It should be one mark forward of all the way backwards.

You can also screw AK front sight posts up and down to adjust them, and move them left and right with the use of an AK sight tool.

LCT stuff is likely loctited, so if you're adjusting the front post heat it up with a lighter and you should be able to.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2018, 06:54   #12
MrDboy

yea it’s pulled all the way back, I’ll try pulling one mark forward. I know AKs front post adjust with a tool, but I’m not sure it would work on airsoft since there’s so many version of this tool out there, also importing firearm related object in canada is not a good idea, usually don’t go pass the customs.
Old August 15th, 2018, 08:40   #13
Jaeger_CDN

you can buy the AK sight tool on Amazon.ca for $13 .. no customs involved
Jaeger_CDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 07:28   #14
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDboy View Post
yea it’s pulled all the way back, I’ll try pulling one mark forward. I know AKs front post adjust with a tool, but I’m not sure it would work on airsoft since there’s so many version of this tool out there, also importing firearm related object in canada is not a good idea, usually don’t go pass the customs.
Uhhh naw. There's no issues importing firearms related objects in Canada. As long as you're not importing unpinned magazines, receivers or any "Bump stocks" or any things designed to circumvent semi-auto laws.

G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2018, 06:57   #15
MrDboy

oh great! Just once my friend ordered a trigger for it’s .22LR and he never got it, I’m going to the field Tomorrow night, I’ll try what you told me and if it doesn’t work I’ll buy a bag of 0.28g BBs next week. I guess I’ll have to follow my BBs travelling in the air to hit my targets lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion