Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

supressor for g&g arp556

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 30th, 2020, 17:17   #1
rotomola

Angry supressor for g&g arp556

hello, I recently bought a supressor for my G&G arp556. and I am having a hell of a time getting the metal sound amplifier off the barrel. I really do not want to strip the threads, and I have successfully taken the hand guard/rails off to gain easier access to the amplifier. There is a set screw also in the muzzle amplifier which I have removed. The problem is that this thing is screwed on sooo tight I am scared I will strip the threads. I don't really know if they are counter clockwise or clockwise threads either..
The limited videos I can find mostly talk about an orange plastic amplifier and mine is metal, they also mention that the threads have been glued and to use boiling water or a heat gun, But I am mostly wondering if someone here has any experience with this gun.. I've already scratched up the amplifier with a vise, so Its got to come off now anyways.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.s. I can post pictures too if that would help.
rotomola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 17:20   #2
Pocky

Its ccw threads. so if you're looking down the barrel (gun aimed at your face) you turn the amplifier clockwise to loosen. Source: I own an ARP 556

edit: I'm looking at my sound amplifier right now. i don't see any set screws. could you post some pics?

Last edited by Pocky; June 30th, 2020 at 17:23..
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 17:29   #3
rotomola

threads

arp556.jpg

that is pic of hole for set screw which was small allen key screw

it feels like the amplifier is seized right on there. i'm going to try heating it up and turn again, but I don't think thats going to work.

Last edited by rotomola; June 30th, 2020 at 19:05..
rotomola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 19:21   #4
Pocky

I have the ARP 556 battle ship grey version. It doesn't have the hole for a set screw. I'm looking at some videos of the ARP9 amplifier removal (which has the set screw) and it looks like there's glue or something on the threads. I would remove the set screw and clamp the barrel and amplifier and give it a good twist (verify direction first) and heat it up a little in case there's glue. Best of luck
Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications