Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SPAS-12 stock

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 19th, 2008, 04:26   #1
Kookamater

SPAS-12 stock

After fielding my TM SPAS-12 for a while I came to the conclusion that, while it's a sexy gun, it would look even sexier with it's corresponding folding stock. My dreams were pretty much slashed when in my online search I found that it had been discontinued and no longer available for purchase.

So I cried for a bit, then came here.

The chances of me getting the folding stock is almost impossible (Someone can correct me on this if they come across one that's actually available on a site somewhere), so I'm looking to more solutions to give it a buttstock. I've seen SPAS-12's with a full and solid stock, but I haven't seen those around.

What are my options? I'm willing to do a bit of surgery if I have to make a buttstock fit on it. (Tokyoseven's MP5 stock on an MP7 comes to mind)
Kookamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 04:46   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
You COULD buy a whole TM SPAS-12 and just get them you send you the stock and shell, or whatever other parts.

It's kinda expensive at $175, but the stock itself is $110 anyway.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:20   #3
Kookamater

How do you mean "Them"? I'd be willing to pay whatever cost for the folding stock if it was available somewhere.
Old October 19th, 2008, 14:04   #4
Disco_Dante

The TM spas with folding stock is discontinued as well I believe.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:33   #5
Kookamater

Well is there a solution to perhaps getting a solid stock like an M3?
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:41   #6
B.C.Hawk

Find out how the rear grip is fastened. Compare to Super 90 fullsize. If it is close,it might work.
B.C.Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:49   #7
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
I think I may have very well purchased the LAST or one of the the last separate folding stocks avaliable. I got it almost 2 years ago from Redwolf when they briefly had them is stock. You really gotta have a hard of the SPAS 12 like I do to drop over $200 by the time it got here on a hunk of metal with a couple springs and a hinge. It was pretty much by chance that I got it too because after searching through every possible portal to get it, including straight from TM via contacts in Japan, I couldn't get one to turn up.

It's another idiotic move on TM's part to discontinue this thing. It's a very pop-culturey type gun used in movies non-stop, illegal in many countries and discontinued by Franchi as well I believe in real form. The market for such a gun is huge yet they make them so hard to come by and then stop making the stocks!! It's a bloody hunk of metal....how could it cost that much to produce?? Just as a wall-hanger, it has a market.

I'm sad to say, but you're prett much screwed. The only way you'll get one is persistance and chance. Remember that there are many many people even on this board thirsting for one too.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 20:59   #8
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
I think I may have very well purchased the LAST or one of the the last separate folding stocks avaliable. I got it almost 2 years ago from Redwolf when they briefly had them is stock. You really gotta have a hard of the SPAS 12 like I do to drop over $200 by the time it got here on a hunk of metal with a couple springs and a hinge. It was pretty much by chance that I got it too because after searching through every possible portal to get it, including straight from TM via contacts in Japan, I couldn't get one to turn up.

It's another idiotic move on TM's part to discontinue this thing. It's a very pop-culturey type gun used in movies non-stop, illegal in many countries and discontinued by Franchi as well I believe in real form. The market for such a gun is huge yet they make them so hard to come by and then stop making the stocks!! It's a bloody hunk of metal....how could it cost that much to produce?? Just as a wall-hanger, it has a market.

I'm sad to say, but you're prett much screwed. The only way you'll get one is persistance and chance. Remember that there are many many people even on this board thirsting for one too.
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 21:23   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Try contacting Tirador perhaps? He can get stuff right from the factory for KSC because he's in Japan. Don't know about TM though, or if they have any kicking around. Might have some just on the market there in local stores, stock or entire gun.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 21:41   #10
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

how about modding a real steel one? I seen a couple real SPAS12 stocks kicking around online a few times.

Not sure what they would cost though...

Last edited by Drache; October 19th, 2008 at 22:31..
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:37   #11
scarletsnake

The only thing thats stopping me from buying the SPAS-12 is the problem of the stock.

scarletsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:43   #12
Disco_Dante

That's the only thing? I would think not being age verified is holding you back as well.

Unless of course you aren't Canadian.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:28   #13
scarletsnake

I was born in Canada but I live in Turkey. I havent done the age verification thing cause I normally only post about my questions. If you have time, I'd suggest visiting airsoftturk.com. Im one of the more popular guys there.

Sorry, but you're gonna have to take my word on this one. My DOB is 6th of May, 1990. Was born in Montreal.
scarletsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:32   #14
Disco_Dante

Lol, I don't care whether or not you get verified or not, especially if you live in Turkey.

Why should you get verified if you live and play in Turkey? You're 30 days older then I am... I'll be sure to check out your website, as its always interesting to see airsofters in other countries.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:56   #15
ProbeJax

I'm surprised there hasn't been a clone of it yet. The M3's been cloned. So has the CAW M1014.
ProbeJax is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion