Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Next purchase: BDU!

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 18th, 2016, 18:07   #1
Schock

Next purchase: BDU!

So I got a nice Condor Chest rig from my son for Father's day, and now we are both in the market for BDU. I haven't seen much in local stores so far, so am looking online. Of course the problem with buying clothing online is not being able to try it on, and not being able to look at the manufacturing quality.

We are considering the Emerson G2 gear that Airsoft Depot is selling. does anyone have this stuff and can comment on fit and durability?

Any suggestions of brands to look for or avoid?
Schock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 18:08   #2
BobbyDangerous

i wouldn't wear emerson

I would rather go with tru spec or propper over emerson. if you want the build in knee pads. Go with this

http://www.ur-tactical.com/

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 20:35   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Same, avoid TMC, Emerson, etc.

UR-Tactical is the best bang for your buck by far, as they are nearly as good as the best of the best, but way cheaper. Another option is to go into DS Tactical in New West and check out their stock. They always have some good stuff.
Old June 18th, 2016, 21:25   #4
Schock

We almost went to DS tactical today, but had to get my son to his hockey game. They don't have a lot of BDU listed on their website, and I recall the last time I was there they had a lot of very expensive brands like Arcteryx. Will have to check it out. Do any local retailers handle the UR Tactical stuff?
Schock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 21:33   #5
BobbyDangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schock View Post
We almost went to DS tactical today, but had to get my son to his hockey game. They don't have a lot of BDU listed on their website, and I recall the last time I was there they had a lot of very expensive brands like Arcteryx. Will have to check it out. Do any local retailers handle the UR Tactical stuff?
No, UR Tactical I think is only distributed through their online shop, as far as I know.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 21:57   #6
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

I've never had a problem with my emerson gear. MC and Atacs.
Old June 18th, 2016, 22:32   #7
BenG

Guy on my team bought emerson and destroyed 2 sets in 2 games, depends on how hard you play, real gear is always best for me

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 00:03   #8
Ricochet

I've seen sets of Emerson and similar tear first day, usually starting with the crotch. Also they fade quickly. UR-Tac is only available through their website. Though they have several variations, they certainly aren't cheap, though much cheaper than the big boys like Crye, etc.

Unfortunately BDUs are one of those items where you buy cheap, you buy several times, or you can spend the cash and they'll last you years with a far superior product. DS will have some Tru-Spec and VertX, which are just fine, but yes the Arc'Teryx stuff is ridiculously expensive.
Old June 19th, 2016, 00:28   #9
BenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I've seen sets of Emerson and similar tear first day, usually starting with the crotch. Also they fade quickly. UR-Tac is only available through their website. Though they have several variations, they certainly aren't cheap, though much cheaper than the big boys like Crye, etc.

Unfortunately BDUs are one of those items where you buy cheap, you buy several times, or you can spend the cash and they'll last you years with a far superior product. DS will have some Tru-Spec and VertX, which are just fine, but yes the Arc'Teryx stuff is ridiculously expensive.
yep right in the crotch both times

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 01:28   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

tru-spec or propper is going to be your best bet for low cost/high quality material
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 02:17   #11
Ricochet

There's a couple local stores that carry Propper, but I find them way over priced. For an extra $50-ish per set and some shipping costs you get a product that is 10x better. But budget is budget, and there's always other gear you'll need eventually as well.
Old June 19th, 2016, 07:26   #12
EOD Steve

Semapo Gear is also a good choice aside from UR Tac.
I don't particularly like the arm pockets on the UR Tac shirts and I find them a bit on the baggy side, whereas Semapo fits slimmer.

The Steve has spoken.
EOD Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 07:42   #13
GCode

A great, cost effective option is surplus British MTP. Easily available, reasonably priced and well made.
GCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 08:35   #14
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
There's a couple local stores that carry Propper, but I find them way over priced. For an extra $50-ish per set and some shipping costs you get a product that is 10x better. But budget is budget, and there's always other gear you'll need eventually as well.
Recently a lot of local stores here have bumped up their price for Tru-Spec propper, it's pretty much the same price to go with ur-tactical ops gear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 11:43   #15
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Recently a lot of local stores here have bumped up their price for Tru-Spec propper, it's pretty much the same price to go with ur-tactical ops gear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
That's what I mean. You can either spend $200 plus on those, or $250 plus on UR. Tru and Propper are good, but nowhere near UR level. It's better to save up the extra cash.

Also, if you do go to UR, they have several variations of their gear, so they have really expensive to reasonable, so check them all out. Also, grab camo that functions over fashions. They have many great choices. Multicam is the classic choice and won't let you down, as it can be used everywhere and there's tons of gear available everywhere that matches.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion