Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR/HK416 - Technical Summary Thread

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 6th, 2012, 03:13   #976
Danke

I had to do a lot of grinding to get that charging handle in. So much the Jesus pin ejected itself and the handle fell apart. It's back together but it's definitely not a plug and play item.
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:59   #977
pugs144

I don't know if this has already been covered in the preceding 66 pages but you can modify a real-steel CH to work with your WE: http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/modifications
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 20:42   #978
shaharov

Figured out why my Scar was jamming open when the bolt cycle was occuring.... part 66 (weak hinge part) had a crack and the bolt was now able to travel futher back by a bit then it should and the hammer was catching the bolt.... only took 8 months to figure that out. So if anyone has a problem with the bolt jammin right open against the hammer... check your hinge plate... could also be a worn bolt (if it's worn down in the front it can catch the hammer as well).
Old September 20th, 2012, 20:13   #979
LongStone

Tonic Airsoft WA system outer barrel change to WE system outer barrel
http://www.shootercbgear.com/product...oducts_id=5703

nice to see with the lack of WE outer barrels available
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 13:25   #980
johan_saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubifier View Post
Hello fellow SCAR users,

I have a WE SCAR-L Open Bolt that's giving me grief. I've only had it for 5 months (about 400 rounds) and I've already had to replace parts on it. The protrusion on the plastic nozzle that picks up the BBs from the Mag broke twice already. And now the gun doesn't want to cycle. No double action semi-auto functionality. I have to manually cock the gun between shots. The bolt still flys back and loads the next BB but nothing joy on the trigger. Same thing with Auto mode. I cock the gun and pull the trigger to fire. But soon as I let up on the trigger, I need to re-cock the gun to get it to fire again. A single action SCAR-L!

Any thoughts?

Sorry, for the single action scar, but don't worry, can you try to push the triger forward after each shot? Because two of my friends WE ( scar and HK 416 ) experience the same problem, if after shots u push forward the triger and can shoot again w/o cocking the gun, the the problem is that the hammer is catching with I forget what the name, the part inside the triger that looks like swan or duck...don't worry just need to breaking in, like u manually play with the triger ( no need to put the upper receiver, you just worn out the crappy bolt faster ) just push down the hammer, and pull the trigger,actuallu u will hear a clicking each time you can not pull the trigger and can not shoot, the easy thing is try to pull the triger fast and release it fast, don't hold down the triger.

And for the nozel, since you open bolt, try to look if the nozel and bb is allign well, or the nozel position on the bolt is shaking or not, actually the usual part of open bolt is breaking is around the part that flow the gas in the bb chamber,I usually use Super glue (Cyanoacrylates) to reinforce both the tube that flow gas( and it make more good compression ) , and for the bb feed ( the one that u broke), must very neat and don't too thick and wait until really dried.

I hope you can solve your problem..
johan_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 22:52   #981
hecklerjg

hey guys I was wondering if the lower receiver on the hk 4168 was compatable with the m4 lowers as mine has a small crack and its really starting to bug me so I might replace it
hecklerjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 00:08   #982
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9773

Google is your friend.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:42   #983
GSK88

Or did you (hecklerjg) mean the 416 trigger internals into a brand new empty M4 lower receiver? Because that should work too.

I'm actually running the 416 upper on my M4 lower. Just like the guide said, you have to check the tolerances on the pins. I had to run a drill of pretty much the same size as the hole through it a few times to remove burrs etc before it fit perfectly.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 13:02   #984
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Careful not to widen the holes too much. Wobble between the upper and lower has no effect on performance, but it's pretty damn annoying.
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:02   #985
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I'm building a second upper for my M4. Will an AEG M4 front sight triangle work with a WE barrel, or are they out of RS spec?
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:51   #986
shaharov

Anyone know where to get WE parts? As Airsoftbuddy.com closed down (or I'm assuming they are closed as they are no longer on the web) finding parts is a pain in the ass
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:13   #987
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
I'm building a second upper for my M4. Will an AEG M4 front sight triangle work with a WE barrel, or are they out of RS spec?
Can't say 100%, but mine required no modifications.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:43   #988
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

can try aisoftglobal, didn't know airsoftbuddy is closed,you sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharov View Post
Anyone know where to get WE parts? As Airsoftbuddy.com closed down (or I'm assuming they are closed as they are no longer on the web) finding parts is a pain in the ass
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:46   #989
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Can't say 100%, but mine required no modifications.
Thanks, I have a King Arms Front Sight on the way, so we'll see how that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharov View Post
I like WGC shop... but I use Real Steel DPMS or Colt whenever I can, it's about the same price, better quality, and shipping from Brownells is cheaper for small parts.
Old November 15th, 2012, 17:02   #990
XZIVR

Sorry if this info is in here somewhere but I'm browsing on my phone and its not going well.. does anyone know the size of the orings on the discharge valve of the m4 magazine? Want to see if i can stop and get some on the way home tonight...
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications