:

Gear Discussion

Old July 27th, 2005, 10:39   #16
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinak
OK, going to jack my own thread here, but this item as well I would like some more info on if possible.

http://www.tacticalsense.com/product.php?idx=185

Not the chest rig, but the holster.
I haven't seen a moulded holster like that for a MOLLE setup before.
Though I dont like the spare mag holder, the holster itself looks very interesting to me, can anyone help with that?
Ask and you shall receive: http://www.blade-tech.com/frontend?c...SectionId=4391

EDIT: not sure but I think you can remove the extra mag holder or at the very least change it so it can hold some other accessories.

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:41   #17
Farmboy

For plate carriers you can go with HSGI Wee/Wasatch and the TAG MOLLE plate carrier.

If your after the releasable body armour I can bring in the Eagle. Has the cool factor however unless your working around or above water..........

TAG and HSGI also make the holsters with MOLLE (the HSGI is not moulded though)

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:48   #18
Malinak

Send a message via MSN to Malinak
Excellent, thanks.
Never heard of Bladetech before, goint to have to do some more reading about them now.
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:53   #19
Malinak

Send a message via MSN to Malinak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy
For plate carriers you can go with HSGI Wee/Wasatch and the TAG MOLLE plate carrier.

If your after the releasable body armour I can bring in the Eagle. Has the cool factor however unless your working around or above water..........

TAG and HSGI also make the holsters with MOLLE (they are not moulded though)
I have a TT Malice holster now, but the moulded holsters look much more sturdy. Going to have to do some more debating on that first before making a descision to change.

I am going to go with a Modular vest of some sort, but I still havent decided whether it will be a carrier, chest rig, or a normal vest.
At this point I am leaning toward the vests, but the Wee/Wasatch is catching my eye as well.
Old July 27th, 2005, 12:54   #20
firemachine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop
Isn't it part of Americas new "Integrated Warfighter System"?
I.W.S.

its a pretty nice vest, i'd love to have one. (it'll probably be 500+ dollars..ew)

Let's try 3000+ USD...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 13:01   #21
bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69
Quote:
I.W.S.

its a pretty nice vest, i'd love to have one. (it'll probably be 500+ dollars..ew)

Let's try 3000+ USD...
OUCH... 8-O
I should've seen that coming..lol
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 13:15   #22
Lord Jebus

Looks DAMN COOL!!! Wish I could get one...
Only problem I see... and I'm sure the military thought of this... no matter what it's made of it's gonna be hot in that thing.. but for $3k+ I'd hope it's not.
Old July 27th, 2005, 15:55   #23
hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Jebus
Looks DAMN COOL!!! Wish I could get one...
Only problem I see... and I'm sure the military thought of this... no matter what it's made of it's gonna be hot in that thing.. but for $3k+ I'd hope it's not.
Not any hotter than any current armour systems being worn. The Crye armour was designed to reduce backface deformation injuries by moving the plate and armour away from the body. This also has the added bonus of creating space where air can circulate and cool the body. Crye's combat shirt is also made of a moisture wicking material much like Underarmor shirts. The combination of the two will reduce the problems in overheating.
Old July 27th, 2005, 15:59   #24
hammer

Quote:
I am going to go with a Modular vest of some sort, but I still havent decided whether it will be a carrier, chest rig, or a normal vest.
At this point I am leaning toward the vests, but the Wee/Wasatch is catching my eye as well.
Malinak, I would skip on the Wasatch/Weesatch or any plate carriers. The Wasatch/Weesatch was designed first and foremost as a rig to carry ceramic plates. If you don't need to or plan to use plates, you have no need for it. Since you like the standard Eagle TacV/Blackhawk Omega type of vest, I would recommend you just get the modular version of it. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Blackhawk's STRIKE line has one such vest, as does Tactical Tailor of course.
Old July 27th, 2005, 16:21   #25
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Quote:
I.W.S.

Let's try 3000+ USD...
What the heck? where did you get that price? I can only imagine that price if the armor chassis came in a set with full pouches and armor plates too.
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 16:31   #26
Adrian

Send a message via ICQ to Adrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy
TAG and HSGI also make the holsters with MOLLE (they are not moulded though)

Unless I'm losing my mind, TAG has a molle kydex m9 holster...It's just encased in a cordura "sheath" for extra security/keeping sand out.

I want a ring. Don't you?
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 16:38   #27
Bigmatty
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer
Quote:
Malinak, I would skip on the Wasatch/Weesatch or any plate carriers. The Wasatch/Weesatch was designed first and foremost as a rig to carry ceramic plates. If you don't need to or plan to use plates, you have no need for it. Since you like the standard Eagle TacV/Blackhawk Omega type of vest, I would recommend you just get the modular version of it. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Blackhawk's STRIKE line has one such vest, as does Tactical Tailor of course.
+1

the only way I finally got my wasatch to sit right all loaded up was when I added my real plates in it...the repro plates are OK, but still shift with a full loadout.

BUY/SELL RATING
Bigmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 17:01   #28
Farmboy

Quote:
Unless I'm losing my mind, TAG has a molle kydex m9 holster...It's just encased in a cordura "sheath" for extra security/keeping sand out.
Nope, it's me losing my mind, the HSGI isn't molded the TAG is. Thanks for that correction!

For no plates, just MOLLE http://store.tacticalassaultgear.com/moopve.html

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 17:47   #29
odp

Fairly good value from a new company for a MOLLE mounted holster.

http://dynamicdesignsusa.com/speeddraw.html
odp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2005, 21:19   #30
firemachine69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuxi
Quote:
Quote:
I.W.S.

Let's try 3000+ USD...
What the heck? where did you get that price? I can only imagine that price if the armor chassis came in a set with full pouches and armor plates too.

I was under the impression that the plates weren't going to be optional, as they're integral to the structure to it...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion