Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Version II GB missfeeding

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:32   #1
CQB_Sniper

Version II GB missfeeding

Hi everyone,

I'm new to fixing gearboxes, and I've been reading up and watching as many videos as I can. But I've got a little issue here that I've searched and searched and can't seem to find a fix.

My M4 mis-feeds every other shot. I've gone through the process of elimination and tested the following:

-Mag catch - I'm able to hold the gun upside down and shoot - still misfires. Also, I can hold it by the mag, and shake it without it coming loose.

-Tried different hop up units in the gun - still mis-feeds

- tried the hopup with a drop in GB and - no feeding issues.

It appears that there's an issue with the tappet plate, because when i cycle the gun with the upper receiver off, occasionally, the air nozzle is extended further than it's normal position. This is why (I'm assuming) there's a feeding issue, as the nozzle is extended further - preventing the next BB to be chambered.

Now, when I take the GB shell apart, the tappet plate seems to be working normally. I can slide it back and forth, and there seems to be no issues with the track is rests in. I'm thinking it COULD be due to the cut off lever, as when I cycle the gears, it engages upon full rotation.

Please advise?
CQB_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 14:03   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

what is the make of the gearbox, what's the make of the gun... exactly what parts are in the gearbox? what gear ratio, what motor, what battery?
Old November 27th, 2013, 14:18   #3
CQB_Sniper

-Drop in Lonex GB (all lonex parts EXCEPT i have a type 1 modify cylinder)
-King Arms M4 - externals
-G&P M120 motor

as for the battery, I am using a few different ones. All 9.6v 1 is 2800 (mAh), the other is 1600, and the last is 1100.
Old November 27th, 2013, 14:50   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I seem to recall there being an issue with lonex tappets.. maybe stealth will weigh in on it or if you are up to doing a search for the lonex tappet issue it might solve your problem.
Old November 27th, 2013, 16:25   #5
CQB_Sniper

did some reading. It appears that when you have to replace the lonex tappet plate, modification is required.

As I stated, I am new to this sort of thing. Is it normal for the cut-off lever to move when the sector gear makes a full rotation? when I'm shimming the gears and I spin the sector gear, the cut off lever moves when the gear makes one full rotation. Is that normal? Could this be part (or root) of the cause?
Old November 27th, 2013, 16:37   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the cutoff lever does not impact feeding. the lever must flip once per cycle of the sector to limit the gearbox to shooting once in semi auto. when the selector is moved to the full auto position it will pull the cutoff lever out of the way. read up on the function of the cutoff lever this is basic functionality.
Old November 27th, 2013, 20:18   #7
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Where/When did you get the Lonex gearbox from?
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:37   #8
CQB_Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
the cutoff lever does not impact feeding. the lever must flip once per cycle of the sector to limit the gearbox to shooting once in semi auto. when the selector is moved to the full auto position it will pull the cutoff lever out of the way. read up on the function of the cutoff lever this is basic functionality.
I understand the functionality of the cut off lever - what I was asking was should move when the sector gear moves. Because it does. Now, the reason AT ALL that I thought this could be an issue - is that I assumed that the cut off lever shouldn't be moving and maybe there's something not lined up properly, and that was potentially was causing the tappet plate to act up. But I can't seem to find anything that supports that theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Where/When did you get the Lonex gearbox from?
I bought the GB from Tiger Tactical Airsoft in June.
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:54   #9
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Replace your tappet plate. (if you're using a generic one, you will have to modify it to match the profile of the Lonex one to match the gearbox - it will make sense when you have it in front of you)

If you ever want to purchase from a retailer that actually gives factory-backed after-sales support, look us up.
Old November 29th, 2013, 10:00   #10
CQB_Sniper

Thanks, and actually, I just recently bought a few things from you

SP100 Drop in Lonex GB, Prommy TBB, and a Lonex hop up and buckings. Thanks again!
Old November 29th, 2013, 11:21   #11
CQB_Sniper

here's a video of what it's doing. Notice how the nozzle extends quite a bit further after full auto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjN2MVAK3DA
Old November 30th, 2013, 09:42   #12
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

The nozzle extension after full auto vs semi isn't the root cause of your problem.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner