Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

been researching for first gun, help please?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 8th, 2008, 19:03   #16
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Hello new user and Welcome to ASC.

Youve made a fair choice electing to side with JG, they produce affordable guns of midrange quality. JG has come along way from what it used to be. The majority of the AEGs produced by JG are Tokyo Marui compatable which makes it a hell of alot easier to aquire parts. Your choices of the S-Systema and 416 are also good choices, both are essentially the same gun(internally) they just have different exteriors. If you are interested I have written an indepth review of the JG 416 and you may read it here.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=50930

I wish there was something I could say to convince you that ordering from out of country is a bad idea. Unfortunetly if you are set on the idea, then there is nothing that I can say that will change your mind. However if you have found a retailer that can guarantee that an item will make it to you or you money back, then what do you really have to lose? Just make sure there are no hidden clauses in regards to getting your money back, because if I remeber correctly, there usually are. If your willing to risk your money and order from out of the country then by all means, ignore the warning this community and its members have given you and do so. If you recieve your item then power to you.

Your statement in regards to having to be 18 to have a credit card is not exactly correct anymore, now a days thanks to people like muchmusic, someone as young as 14 can have a credit card they can load and use freely. Someone as young as 16 can have a joint card with their parents.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out your profile.
This forum holds a lot of information. Please keep in mind before starting a new thread, that there maybe an existing one already. Near the upper right hand corner next to the quick links and log out tab is the search tab. With that you can attempt to see if there is a thread on the topic, don’t get discouraged if you don’t find something right away, change up your search words as well, the search system doesn’t just find tittles it looks for word matches in the content as well.

I’m sure you have a lot of questions, and in time you will find all the answers. There’s a lot to learn and it cant be picked up in a week or two. But I’m time you will learn what you need.

Heres a little reading Id like you to have a look at.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=51609
It will shed a little light on airsoft in Canada in general.

Now as for airsoft in Canada, just as a general consensus this website and the majority of its members follow the 18 years of age rule. Meaning that it is recommended that a person be the age of 18 before they acquire their first gun. It is recommended because 18 is the recognized age where a person can be held legally responsible for their actions. Now it may not be illegal in all provinces to own airsoft, but I do believe there is a province out there where there is an actual law stating that one must be 18 to purchase. Which one that is, I cannot remember. Hopefully someone can perk up and jump in on that part. The majority of fields used for airsoft play usually require that a person be 18 years of age as well, although I have heard of fields where there have been players as young as 16, with parental consent.
I would like to take a moment to touch on maturity. I find people of all ages quote maturity, unfortunately stating maturity is irrelevant when it comes to airsoft, for the most part at least. There have been people as old as 40 and up who have acted like they were 12. I have already stated why the age of 18 was chosen. Now from time to time I hear people who are underage say that they have grown up with firearms all their life and they hunt and everything etc. If this applies to you then you should pay attention to this, if not you should read it and take it to heart anyways. So you have hunted for a long time? Been around guns since you were little? Well good you should have a firm grasp of trigger and muzzle control then. Now unfortunately regardless how much experience you have with fire arms you can not use it as a bargaining chip to skirt around what has been set as a rule among this community. Thats just how we operate here, accept it or dont.

In my personal opinion an airsoft gun is not a fire arm; however that’s my personal opinion. For me, an airsoft gun only looks like a fire arm but that’s where I draw the line in comparisons. They do not function the same, sure relations can be made but they still are not the same. Now although I may not consider an airsoft gun a fire arm, authorities will in most instances. If you get caught doing something stupid with an airsoft gun you will be charged as if you are committing an offence with a real fire arm. If you are under the age of 18, the damage falls onto your legal guardians, so the shit really hits the fan. If you’re 18 and over at least you can be held responsible for being stupid. That’s the jist of it, accept it or don’t.

This website has a process called age verification, where if you are 18 or older you can meet with a volunteer representative of this website who will meet with you in person, there is no way around this, no phone, no webcam, in person only, where they will require to see a legitimate piece of photo identification. After the process is completed, it can take sometime as this is all volunteer work, you will be granted access to this websites buy and sell section, where you can find both new and used guns, for fair and competitive prices. Although its not always the case, it is sort of an open market. With Age verification comes access to Canadian online retailer known as shootsoft. You will only be able to access and buy their inventory with ASC age verification. Unfortunetly if you wish to purchase an airsoft gun in Canada you will have to go through with verifacation, accept it or dont.

This website also has a FAQ section that holds some useful info, it may not be entirely up to date, but I suggest you poke around in there as well. You may find something handy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, if there is anything unclear please feel free to ask.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; July 8th, 2008 at 19:06..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 19:12   #17
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borbo View Post
you have to be 18 to have a credit card, what other freaking verification is needed, stupid laws. btw im pretty sure if u pay the extra bit of money for rush air delivery,some of retailers garuntee its not gunna get siezed.
That's like saying if you pay someone in Columbia extra, he'll guarantee that your shipment of cocaine makes it to you via rush air delivery.

Foreign retailers have nothing to do with it. It's Canadian laws that are the issue. Importation of airsoft is illegal. End of story. Doesn't matter what the retailer does, if your friendly customs officer opens your package (and anything coming from a place that sells airsoft will get opened), your item gets seized. End of story. Money lost. And you could possibly be in legal troubles for attempting to import a prohibited item.

You can sit there and argue with us all you want on this matter. You can argue that the world is flat and the centre of the universe and that you should be making a $1 mil / hour salary and that your the royal son of Anu the ruler of Nibiru. Unfortunately, your wanting something does not make it so.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; July 8th, 2008 at 19:22..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 19:27   #18
Azathoth

As stated by almost everyone else above. Importing an airsoft weapon is almost certainly going to result in seizure. If you search the board you will find examples of people who brag about beating the system. For everyone person who beats the system, I guarantee their are 18-19 other people who rolled the dice and lost and are too embarrassed to say anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:31   #19
Borbo

i thank you for all your advice, especially tokyoseven, who seems to be the least condecending person here. that aside, the site i was going to order from used air mail so the package doesnt have to go through customs, they say any other delivery method theres a one in 10 chance itll get siezed, i would expecte its closer to 50-50, or even worse. anyways, ive thought it over, and im moving to calgery in a month or so, so i think im just going to wait until i go there, and order it to an actual lisenced store, then go pick it up, none of this shipping crap on my end. however, if i decide otherwise, i will wait for my friend to order his, (hes getting one from the same site i was looking at) and if his makes it thru i might just end up getting one before i move. however only time will tell.
also TCSF-Bowers, eat your heart out fool, uncompany.com has the 416 for 133 USD which is not even 140 CAD and the m4 s-system for only 100 USD. and yeah i did read the FAQS, and i have reasons for not buying a USED airsoft gun, even if it is from a highly reliable source
Borbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:31   #20
sabermetrics

it is worth it just to get age-verified, and in the future, you won't have to go through the painful process of trying to order an airsoft gun from a website...
sabermetrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:36   #21
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
i thank you for all your advice, especially tokyoseven, who seems to be the least condecending person here. that aside, the site i was going to order from used air mail so the package doesnt have to go through customs, they say any other delivery method theres a one in 10 chance itll get siezed, i would expecte its closer to 50-50, or even worse. anyways, ive thought it over, and im moving to calgery in a month or so, so i think im just going to wait until i go there, and order it to an actual lisenced store, then go pick it up, none of this shipping crap on my end. however, if i decide otherwise, i will wait for my friend to order his, (hes getting one from the same site i was looking at) and if his makes it thru i might just end up getting one before i move. however only time will tell.
also TCSF-Bowers, eat your heart out fool, uncompany.com has the 416 for 133 USD which is not even 140 CAD and the m4 s-system for only 100 USD. and yeah i did read the FAQS, and i have reasons for not buying a USED airsoft gun, even if it is from a highly reliable source
uncompany is not a canadian website

which means it will be seized by cbsa more then likey

which means it is of no use to us

which means the price you found is pointless on a canadian forum

cheers

edit
also the term used in this case doesent mean broken down or shit or anything in fact some used guns are in better performing state then stock guns are

either way since you posted facts about a non cad website and think you can bring something in you didnt read the faqs

Last edited by Bowers; July 8th, 2008 at 20:43..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:37   #22
KNIVEZS

Quote:
trolls never learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:41   #23
Crunchmeister

Quote:
...the site i was going to order from used air mail so the package doesnt have to go through customs, they say any other delivery method theres a one in 10 chance itll get siezed
The site you were going to order from lied to you. They don't give a shit. As soon as they have your money, they don't care if it gets seized. The more reputable dealers just outright refuse to ship guns to Canada because they know that regardless how they send it, it's likely to get seized. Again, that like saying sending air mail will mean that you can smuggle anything into the country.

CBSA know who the foreign airsoft dealers are. They know when packages from from them, they get opened. I have no doubt some people manage to get their guns through customs, but they'd be the exception rather than the rule.

Sadly for all of us, that's airsoft in Canada, whether you accept it or not. Believe me, if there was an easy way to get guns here, we'd already be doing in, as most people here have been involved in airsoft a lot longer than you have.
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:48   #24
Borbo

you people are such know it all assholes, which means....whichmeans...which means shut the fuck up cunt
Borbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:49   #25
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
you people are such know it all assholes, which means....whichmeans...which means shut the fuck up cunt
oh well played good sir!
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:50   #26
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Wait, you stutter in text form? You must be a party animal...

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:50   #27
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

let us know how it turns out
HaloSix4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:58   #28
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It's Canadian laws that are the issue. Importation of airsoft is illegal. End of story.
Techincally it's the CBSA's interpretation of Canada's laws surrounding Airsoft (or lack of laws sorrounding Airsoft).

Quote:
ive thought it over, and im moving to calgery in a month or so, so i think im just going to wait until i go there, and order it to an actual lisenced store, then go pick it up, none of this shipping crap on my end.
There are no licensed stores. There is no Airsoft Importation License. Calgary once had 007airsoft (online store), but Ken's down for several fortnights (and by several I mean chance of indefinately). Now the only available reliable options are age restricted (the classifieds and the online stores which use the ASC Age Verification system). And I wouldn't turn my nose up to a used gun. Used guns are often upgraded to very reliable and gamable standards (beefed up mechboxs, tightbores, upgraded pistons, etc) and all for the price of a new AEG or less. However, there are also new guns available in the classifieds (and the Age restricted stores). In fact it's not uncommon for a new 416 to pop up around there.

Quote:
however, if i decide otherwise, i will wait for my friend to order his, (hes getting one from the same site i was looking at) and if his makes it thru i might just end up getting one before i move. however only time will tell.
If his makes it through, I'd take him out to the pub for a few brews and hope some of his incredible luck rubs off onto me. I haven't gotten lucky in a week now.

Quote:
Ok look, people have tried to help you out and you didn't heed their warning. Trust them, they been through this countless times and they know the results well. They are getting their panties ina twist because you clearly don't seem to be getting the messege they are trying to send to you (all they are doing is trying to stop you from throwing away money). And your panties are in a twist because their panties are ina twist. So lets all take a break and untwist our panties.

All considered, if you have money to lose, go for it. Although you may want to consider giving it to charity instead (atleast you'll get a tax credit).

Out of Sport. Have Fun!

Last edited by Nik12; July 8th, 2008 at 21:01..
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 20:59   #29
Crunchmeister

Quote:
I would venture that you're the know-it-all asshole here dude. You come into a forum of experienced Canadian airsofters who know the laws and know how things work, and try to 'educate' people with your uninformed, flawed views of how things work, using some foreign retailer's word (who probably knows even less about our laws than you do) as your sword of truth.

Well, if you really feel none of us know what we're talking about, then by all means piss your money away ordering from a foreign source. Then when you get your letter from the CBSA that your prohibited item has been seized, come on back and tell us all how right you were and how we know nothing.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; July 8th, 2008 at 21:04..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 21:44   #30
PaCHeKo!

Send a message via MSN to PaCHeKo!
Quote:

P.M.C. - Prostituée Militaire de Campagne.
PaCHeKo! is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion