Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CADPAT Helmet Cover Qualities?

:

Canadian

Old April 28th, 2017, 11:16   #1
Kozure

CADPAT Helmet Cover Qualities?

Looking for a CADPAT helmet cover to go over a PASGT helment. Yes, I know that the MICH TC-2000 helmets look closer to the CG634, and I probably will get one of those eventually, but for now a PASGT is what I have.

I found this cover on eBay but the repro CADPAT pattern looks a little "off" - I know all of them do, but this one more than others (darker green colourway is a little too olive, lighter green colourway is a little too yellow):

http://r.ebay.com/mCl6qT

Ordinarily I might just get it anyway, but it's a medium and I think my PASGT is on the larger end of sizes... but it may be fine in the end, I'm not sure.

Also found this cover on Prefair:

http://www.prefair.ca/product.do?tar...&page=1&page=1

There's a CADPAT option, but there's no preview of the pattern.

Anyone have any experience with the Prefair CADPAT helmet cover, or the CADPAT reproduction as sold by Prefair?

Alternatively, anyone have a source for helmet covers with a decent CADPAT pattern that will fit on a PASGT for $30 or less?

I'm certain someone will chime in saying I need to pay more for a MICH 2000 and a real cover. At some point I will. Right now I'm just working with what I have with a reasonable budget for simple airsoft play rather than trying to achieve a re-enactor level of authenticity.

Last edited by Kozure; April 28th, 2017 at 11:43..
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:23   #2
Kozure

Found an image of the repro combat jacket that Prefair sells:

http://www.prefair.ca/product.do?tar...&page=1&page=1

Looks kind of "lime"-y to me. That can sometimes just be the picture, but I've seen some really bad repro CADPAT that is exactly that bright lime.

So... hoping someone who actually owns CADPAT from Prefair or has seen it can comment.

Last edited by Kozure; April 28th, 2017 at 11:45..
Old April 28th, 2017, 13:52   #3
Izzzzayy

I dont know where youre from but in Toronto at local surplus shops, issue CADPAT covers go for around 20 dollars.

In my early days of paintball I ran a PASGT with said helmet cover and it worked perfectly.

--------------------------------------------
Tippmann M4 Carbine Fanged LVOA
WE Tech SMG8
Lancer Tactical PDW
Elite Force 1911a1 Tac
HK3P Glock 18c
TM Glock 17

Last edited by Izzzzayy; April 28th, 2017 at 13:55..
Izzzzayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 14:43   #4
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzzzayy View Post
I dont know where youre from but in Toronto at local surplus shops, issue CADPAT covers go for around 20 dollars.

In my early days of paintball I ran a PASGT with said helmet cover and it worked perfectly.
Really? I went into one and they said they didn't have any and real DND ones were hard to get a hold of. eBay has one auction right now with a real one (medium, used, moderate condition) for $50.

I'll try a few others, but I was under the impression that they shouldn't be common or cheap because selling them before they've been surplused is illegal.

Where did you see some for $20, if you don't mind me asking? I know a number of surplus shops in Toronto. Haven't checked them for this specific item, though, because I assumed a repro would be much cheaper. Would be great to get the real deal for $20. I'll try calling around tomorrow.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kozure; April 28th, 2017 at 14:50..
Old July 11th, 2017, 14:46   #5
Kozure

Just in case anyone's looking for one, Hero Outdoors sold me a large for $19.99

http://www.herooutdoors.com/canadian...et-cover-used/

It was fairly faded and had one large (patched and sewn) tear - I'd rate it 4/10 for condition, but it was the real deal, proper tags and with the fold-out neck cover (which I didn't even know was a thing). I got it two business days after I ordered it on the weekend.

It fits quite well on my repro MICH 2000 helmet, which I also managed to source!

It's funny to compare the original colour of the unfaded (and obviously seldom or never used) neck cover and the weathered helmet cover - very different!

Last edited by Kozure; July 11th, 2017 at 14:51..
Old July 18th, 2017, 18:12   #6
Major Sights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozure View Post
Just in case anyone's looking for one, Hero Outdoors sold me a large for $19.99

http://www.herooutdoors.com/canadian...et-cover-used/

It was fairly faded and had one large (patched and sewn) tear - I'd rate it 4/10 for condition, but it was the real deal, proper tags and with the fold-out neck cover (which I didn't even know was a thing). I got it two business days after I ordered it on the weekend.

It fits quite well on my repro MICH 2000 helmet, which I also managed to source!

It's funny to compare the original colour of the unfaded (and obviously seldom or never used) neck cover and the weathered helmet cover - very different!
I have a currentish (last 6 years or so) actual Canadian Forces Kevlar helmet, that my wife snagged off a shelf in a thrift store for 20 bucks (someone obviously sold it/ donated when they shouldn't have). It came with an actual CF cadpat cover, however the previous owner had cut holes in it and had "ghillied" it up.

I walked into Hero Outdoor and picked through what they had on the floor and got a "new" replacement, it had been used lightly but was the real deal and was 20 bucks.
Major Sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:29   #7
Azathoth

Funny enough I had a CF issue helmet that I found in a thrift store as well with a helmet cover, I ended up selling the helmet to a surplus place for lots of beers, and I still have the helmet cover if you want to PM me its yours as its going to be sold or donated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 21:27   #8
Tharkhold

Hey,

you can also look for (or ask) around for cadpat/aridpat sandtraps that people rip out of their pants... it's bare fabric and i think with two you'd be able to cover a helmet.

(sorry for the necrothread, but this could still work)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian