Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Random questions about wall-hangers...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 15th, 2010, 22:26   #1
WhatsGood

Random questions about wall-hangers...

I always see people referring to guns they don't game with as wall hangers but I'm wondering, how many of you guys ACTUALLY hang your guns on walls? Its not something I would do(barring the fact I don't live on my own) and seems kinda foreign to me. Just wondering. And anyone have pics of their wallhung(sp) guns?

Thanks!
WhatsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 23:28   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Some people do it with real steel too!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 23:33   #3
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

There's a thread of 'post your armoury' in the media section.

It's cool to hang it.

Not cool to hang it when you have kids, or girlfriend/wife who grabs it and smashes it when they're mad.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 23:34   #4
Rugger_can

I have in the past.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 23:49   #5
Sha Do

The only thing that really stops most people from hanging them on walls is that it's dangerous to have them exposed to "out side viewers". Guys who do hang them up tend to do it in their basements, working offices, or in display cases away from windows where people won't be calling in the police.
Also note that even when on display they must be treated as if they are real.....so trigger locks, cases locked (or the guns must be attached by some type of locking mechanism) and so on, just in case the police ever do show up at your door.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:41   #6
WhatsGood

I see. thanks for the answers guys.
WhatsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:50   #7
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
I have mine hanging in my living room... Except when I take them out to game haha!
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:51   #8
Mentosice

Send a message via MSN to Mentosice
I hang my airsoft on the wall but its in a closed room and theres no wway people can see them from the outside + i live in a small 1500 pop town.

Age verifier for Beauce region

NIKON USER BEWARE ;P
Mentosice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:40   #9
Jbone 11 11

Sha Do... is that current regs on having airsoft in the house, or just precautionary measures? I ask because I am not in Canada at the moment and will eventually be back, bringing what ever I can with me.
I hang my AEG's... but in the gear room. Bought some modular metal IKEA shelving that works like a charm!
Hanging them in your living room seems a bit Red-Neckish (no offence to our redneck brethren out there!) and kinda on the "askin' for it" side... neighbours are by their very nature, a nosey bunch....
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:27   #10
coach
aka coachster

Re: Random questions about wall-hangers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone 11 11
Sha Do... is that current regs on having airsoft in the house, or just precautionary measures?
No rule or law states this for replicas but it's common sense for people to treat them as real. Some don't put locks on. Many do and or keep them in locked cases.

Just think, if there was an emergency and police, fire, and or paramedics rushed into a house with unsecured, real looking replica, weapons laying around, what's their first impression and what do you think they would do next?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:58   #11
The Lettonian
a.k.a. FNG_13

Send a message via Skype™ to The Lettonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone 11 11 View Post
I ask because I am not in Canada at the moment and will eventually be back, bringing what ever I can with me.
You DO know you're not likely to get anything worth hanging on a wally across the border, right? For your sake I hope you mean gear and such...be kinda weird to hang your tac vest on the wall, though O_o
|: Nos habebit humus! :|
Raug, draugi, kā šī kanna mirdz, kā puto alutiņš? Dievs zin, cik ilgi līksmo sirds, lai baudām drīz!
The Lettonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:53   #12
venture

Here is my wall and gun doctoring area. These are older pics, I'll get some new ones up soon. Pardon the mess, it's a constant struggle:

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:53   #13
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG_13 View Post
You DO know you're not likely to get anything worth hanging on a wally across the border, right? For your sake I hope you mean gear and such...be kinda weird to hang your tac vest on the wall, though O_o
Some people use sewing dummies/manniquens and such for gear. I've actually thought about getting something like that for my stuff, keep it in the corner and stand guard over my PS3 or something.

I remember seeing a lifesize Boba Fett cutout being used to hold a vest... or it could have been a Princess Leia...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:53   #14
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
No rule or law states this for replicas but it's common sense for people to treat them as real. Some don't put locks on. Many do and or keep them in locked cases.

Just think, if there was an emergency and police, fire, and or paramedics rushed into a house with unsecured, real looking replica, weapons laying around, what's their first impression and what do you think they would do next?
I can understand keeping them in a locked case... but if you're going to hang them on the wall (which I don't think is a good idea), there isn't any use in putting a trigger lock on it. Just take out the battery and empty the mag.

Having a trigger lock on a replica gun would just make it more difficult to explain, should a problem arise. Taking the battery out and storing it separately will render the gun just as safe.

If a stranger came into your house and saw what they believed to be a prohibited weapon hanging on your wall - regardless of whether it is trigger locked or not - you're going to have some explaining to do.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 20:46   #15
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
I can understand keeping them in a locked case... but if you're going to hang them on the wall (which I don't think is a good idea), there isn't any use in putting a trigger lock on it. Just take out the battery and empty the mag.

Having a trigger lock on a replica gun would just make it more difficult to explain, should a problem arise. Taking the battery out and storing it separately will render the gun just as safe.

If a stranger came into your house and saw what they believed to be a prohibited weapon hanging on your wall - regardless of whether it is trigger locked or not - you're going to have some explaining to do.
it would be 100% easier to explain to the police if you had trigger locks on everything displayed. it's not just that taking the battery out is as safe rather a trigger lock makes the appearance of it being safe. IMO, it's easier to explain with the locks on.

put it this way. if you have a RS rifle and it's identical airsoft replica side by side hanging on the wall, would you only lock one? a stranger coming into your place would see the RS with a lock and the replica without. it would appear that one is safe and the other isn't. would that stranger immediately know that the replica is a replica if they looked similar? IMO, no.

you can do as you wish as it's not required to lock up your airsoft.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion