Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Kraken AK47 AEG

:

Reviews

Old December 14th, 2008, 21:00   #316
marcwhite

if you go to bass pro shops.com the kraken pic looks rely weird is that what the one they retail actually looks like?
marcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 21:26   #317
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwhite View Post
if you go to bass pro shops.com the kraken pic looks rely weird is that what the one they retail actually looks like?
Heres a good pic of a Kraken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kraken.jpg (66.6 KB, 61 views)
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 15:53   #318
connormurphy

i have the kraken aftermath AK-47 too, I gotta say I love the gun i have the black skin for mine tho. It it an amazing gun good fps fast shooting speed and also. I highly recommend this gun. I just recently purchased 10 new mid capacity mags because i find hi-cap make too much noise when moving. I am still waiting for them to get here but cant wait for them to get here. I ordered them or ehobbyaisa which has great prices! On my AK I have a tasco 30x red dot scope, i went to walmart and bought it for 50$ it works great!

Last edited by connormurphy; December 15th, 2008 at 15:55..
connormurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 19:28   #319
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
yeah this a is pretty good loaning/renting gun its cheap works pretty well and if he ever wants to buy it EASILY upgradable with tm parts and others

Were can i find a full metal body for this tough? i havent looked too hard but i seriously dont have much time lately
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 19:41   #320
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
yeah this a is pretty good loaning/renting gun its cheap works pretty well and if he ever wants to buy it EASILY upgradable with tm parts and others

Were can i find a full metal body for this tough? i havent looked too hard but i seriously dont have much time lately
Get age verified.

I used to own one myself, aside from the shoddy battery, the gun is a newbies dream, Its Newb freindly, easily upgradable, weighted in the right places and a nice marui clone, My only complaints are that the front sight is slightly off to the side. I'm an iron sight user most of the time and that really erked me. However, I do plan on purchasing another one of these as soon as possible
________
Mexico hotels

Last edited by Strelok; April 11th, 2011 at 11:20..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 16:43   #321
MALTV

My brother has this gun. Personally i think its amazing, i want to use it more then my own AEG! haha.
MALTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 23:37   #322
marcwhite

Cabellas kraken

for some reason the kraken on Cabellas says that it only shoots 300 fps with a .12 gram bb is that true or bullshit?
marcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 23:40   #323
Voice of Reason

its bullshit. I had one that shot 400fps with .2's
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 03:21   #324
Morrdubay

rember that there is susposed to be 2 different versons of the kraken. one is the kraken and the other is actualy called the X47 http://www.shootsoft.ca/clearsoft/pr...roducts_id=102
Morrdubay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 14:20   #325
MALTV

oh wow, that one doesn't look to great. think I'll stick to the kraken
MALTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 00:42   #326
Shootresponsibly

in the process of getting age verified...but quick question. If this ABS plastic is really high-strength, then should it not be superior to the CYMA pot metal?
Also this has been bothering me for sooo long, but I couldn't figure it out. If you are in Canada, and you only consider Ak 47 airsoft, not 74s, or 47s or ak74su...or anything else. Is the cyma cm042, the Kalash rk-06, or the Kraken a better choice? I think my question is pretty relevent to the topic at hand? No hijacking.
Shootresponsibly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:39   #327
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootresponsibly View Post
in the process of getting age verified...but quick question. If this ABS plastic is really high-strength, then should it not be superior to the CYMA pot metal?
Doubtful.
Quote:
Also this has been bothering me for sooo long, but I couldn't figure it out. If you are in Canada, and you only consider Ak 47 airsoft, not 74s, or 47s or ak74su...or anything else. Is the cyma cm042, the Kalash rk-06, or the Kraken a better choice? I think my question is pretty relevent to the topic at hand? No hijacking.
Not sure I understand the question. There are a lot of people who use all kinds of AKs, not to mention H&Ks, Armalites, and other types...they're all considered airsoft. Where did you hear that "only" the AK-47 was airsoft?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 18:45   #328
Shootresponsibly

Yea sorry for putting it like that. I meant to say that only considering the AK 47 as a gun to choose from. I do not want to consider the rk-01 for example from Kalash even though it is full steel now, because it is not an AK47..and same goes for anything else. I know I am narrowing my choices. But understand that I really like the AK47 look. I hate the cut short muzzles, and folding stocks. I know there are all kinds of airsoft guns lol. BUt whick AK from the Kalash rk06 (the latest full wood, half-steel AK). I think its called the rk-06. The cyma cm042, or the Kraken. Which is best?
Old January 8th, 2009, 19:36   #329
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootresponsibly View Post
Yea sorry for putting it like that. I meant to say that only considering the AK 47 as a gun to choose from.
I still don't get it. There are hundreds of types and sub-types of airsoft guns. This thread is discussing the Aftermath Kraken, which happens to be an AK-47, and is one of the better "budget" guns. If you don't want an AK, don't buy one.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 22:47   #330
Shootresponsibly

lol...no i DO want an AK...I am asking if the Kraken, or the CYMA cm042, or the Kalash rk-05 isbest. What I said previously was I don't want to know about variants of the AK apart from the AK47..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews