Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

charging time for battery?

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 12th, 2010, 22:26   #16
kalnaren

Don't charge a battery above 1C. It's a good way to cook it.

What make is the battery?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 22:31   #17
GODSPEED|seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Don't charge a battery above 1C. It's a good way to cook it.

What make is the battery?
1x Intellect 8.4V 1400mAh (2/3A, High-Drain Type)
1x Intellect 8.4V 1600mAh (2/3A, High-Drain Type)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyStubby View Post
Hey, another side note. Make sure you know how long the battery should last that way you have the proper expectations. I made the mistake of thinking that my battery would last a week or so Boy was I wrong. I found that with a stock battery at 39 Degrees Celcius, I got a good 8 hours of conservative gameplay.
I just got my gun and batteries, charged them all night yesterday (with a smart charger).. they worked fine for 500 rounds, then the gun jsut stopped shooting, and now no matter how long I leave them charging.. the gun makes not a click!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101jinx101 View Post
I bought a "cheap" smart charger as well, and with mine it will stop charging (or look like its done) after 60 or 90 minutes.. I just have to unplug my battery and plug it back in to see if it needs to charge more.. if it goes to looking "done" right away, then it should be charged.
Mine reacts exactly the same.. but even after 3 charges, my gun won't even make a sound...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My charger has that "trickle-charge-thing".. after leaving it on all night, shouldn't it last more than 500 rounds on my gun??

I'm starting to thing my motor is dead.... after 500 rounds....

Last edited by GODSPEED|seven; May 13th, 2010 at 12:35..
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 19:05   #18
kalnaren

Doesn't sound like the battery is the issue

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old May 13th, 2010, 23:51   #19
GODSPEED|seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Doesn't sound like the battery is the issue
Actually it isn't.. the motor is bad. I had to "fix" it.. although I'll have to get a new motor. I can't explain, but one of the rods that provide the electrical current is a nano of a millimeter off.. when you apply some very light pressure on it, the motor functions 100%.. So I've placed a tiny screw between that rod and the motor housing.. it works for now.

Its frustrating when your first AEG is defective after 500 rounds... already spent so much money and will have to get replacement parts.... *sigh*

------------------
the other issue is the charger; I plug my battery in, after about 45 minutes the green light goes on. so I unplug it and replug it, another 40-45 minutes goes by, the light becomes green again (green means its done charging).. I unplug and replug.. same thing.. I've been doing that for about 5-7 times with the same battery... will it EVER be completely (relatively speaking) charged???

Last edited by GODSPEED|seven; May 13th, 2010 at 23:56..
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 00:14   #20
Con Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
Actually it isn't.. the motor is bad. I had to "fix" it.. although I'll have to get a new motor. I can't explain, but one of the rods that provide the electrical current is a nano of a millimeter off.. when you apply some very light pressure on it, the motor functions 100%.. So I've placed a tiny screw between that rod and the motor housing.. it works for now.

Its frustrating when your first AEG is defective after 500 rounds... already spent so much money and will have to get replacement parts.... *sigh*

------------------
the other issue is the charger; I plug my battery in, after about 45 minutes the green light goes on. so I unplug it and replug it, another 40-45 minutes goes by, the light becomes green again (green means its done charging).. I unplug and replug.. same thing.. I've been doing that for about 5-7 times with the same battery... will it EVER be completely (relatively speaking) charged???
Ok. Just to repeat the responses guiding you to a super charger, I say the b6d ($85)from airsoftparts.ca as that is what I use but its up to you.

Now, is your weapon above 390 fps or do you know if it has a m120 spring in it? I've seen 8.4v pull them but not mini's, they may be able to but none of mine can. That woul;d explain a fast discharge. And the motor should be much simpler than that to fix. Unscrew the two screws on the bottom of the handle (don't touch the middle screw) and remove the wires from the motor. Now inspect the wire connector that is problomatic, ensure that the connector is tight enough. I suspect this to be the problem and it is easy to fix to be clear, the connector should pair nice and snug with the male tab on the motor. If it does not simple pinch it with plyers, not to much then test it. Once the fitment is 'nice and snug' it should be fine.

Don't forget to keep the butt plate and be sure to assemble the hanble with it in its proper place.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 15:14   #21
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
How does one "drain" a battery before charging, without the use of a "smart charger"?

I figure I would ask here since its sort of on topic with charging

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 15:36   #22
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armandhammer View Post
How does one "drain" a battery before charging, without the use of a "smart charger"?

I figure I would ask here since its sort of on topic with charging
In your airsoft gun

Unless it's a ni-cad and you've charged it a few dozen times without draining, I wouldn't worry about it. And if you're not a cheapass and can spend $35 on a smart charger you don't need to worry about it at all.

Quote:
Old May 17th, 2010, 16:09   #23
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

Is this considered a decent charger? I know i've heard the term blue box of death so I'm not sure about this one..
http://www.torontoairsoft.com/produc...id_product=201
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 22:00   #24
kalnaren

I've been using one for 4 years without issue.

Quote:
Old May 17th, 2010, 22:06   #25
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

It says auto trickle and auto shut off. So it will drop to trickle charge mode at about 95% and then stop when fully charge correct? So there is NO chance of over charging if left plugged in?
Old May 17th, 2010, 22:13   #26
kalnaren

Well.. how long are you planning on leaving your batteries plugged in? A few hours won't hurt.. but I wouldn't plug them in and fuck off somewhere.

Quote:
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:03   #27
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

No, exactly. I mean I plug it in to charge, and get outside doing something and forget about it for a few hours.

Thanks for the input!
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:43   #28
oldairsofter1962

thanks to everyone it help alot
oldairsofter1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank