Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Op-For/Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgents
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Merceneries

:

Op-For/Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgents

Old August 23rd, 2009, 16:08   #16
elite soldier

to make a good mercenary impression, just wear a mix of stuff, make it unique. mercs usually will buy their own stuff and dont have a specific uniform guideline (unless banded together or something)
elite soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 16:27   #17
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
All the members of this unit are trained to elite status .. this cerimonial duty is a fraction of the work done by this unit at the vatican.
This is often claimed, but is only partly true. These guys are chosen based on their proficiency yes, but even more important is that they are Catholic and that they are presentable (good looking). Further, the training for their ceremonial duties takes a lot of their time. They train with halberds for instance, when they could be training in actual modern TTPs.
They're pretty good at what they do, and this is a pretty big generalization, of course. They have their own division like any military/LE organization, but looking at their LCD, I wouldn't say that they are as tactically proficient as a Tier-2 SOF unit or LE body like the USSS or Shabak.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 20:39   #18
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite soldier View Post
to make a good mercenary impression, just wear a mix of stuff, make it unique. mercs usually will buy their own stuff and dont have a specific uniform guideline (unless banded together or something)
X2!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:05   #19
Jbone 11 11

GOt a couple of friends who do PMC work in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are not allowed to wear camo in those places, full stop. Specially MARPAT. Aparently, the Marines get mighty pissed if they see anyone sporting there colours.

I have seen pics of what are obviously PMC's wearing various camo in Iraq and questioned the guys I know. Answer: Them were the old days.....so to speak (or the pics were taken outside out of theater while in training)
Too many PMC's in theater wearing camo makes it difficult to tell who's who (as if it was easy before) so now the SOP is no camo. 5.11's and shit like that are the norm now.

So... if you want to look like the modern day merc/PMC 5.11 and royal robins under that gucci assualt vest ; ) A good representation in recent cinema is the PMC crew in the hurt locker.
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 20:31   #20
colint94

Yeah, like said above, its not just frowned upon but illegal for privatized forces to use camouflage. I use a PMC loadout and have 5.11 pants, a black underamor shirt, a tan rig, and have some various pouches and my Echo1 CPW. Some people will go for grey or white shirts, but I like the breathability, and black looks cool, :P
colint94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 13:00   #21
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by colint94 View Post
Yeah, like said above, its not just frowned upon but illegal for privatized forces to use camouflage.
Where'd you get this info from?

When I was in Afghanistan last year majority of the PMCs I saw were in Camo(Multicam)
Old November 28th, 2009, 17:38   #22
Con Murder

To add to the real question of a PMC load out.
It is loaded with pouches as these men rely on what they have to get the job done. Military can rely on what the military has. Lots of mags with a STANAG firearm (get creative man, give a back story for your merc and his choice weapon) if you work for NATO and well get creative if you don't. The number of mags is staggering, like 10-14 so remember that molle is a must. Add grenade pouches and fill with a balance of distraction devices and grenades, 40mm grenades if you got them.
Remember that these people hit hard and have to get in and out all with out resuply. Take that into your role in airsoft, playing as a PMC? Fill up on ammo at the start of the day and don't reload. Takes the role to a new level.
As for looking the part on the airsoft field, you gotta convince your friends nothing more. If they are CODM2 freaks you can probably go jeans a T and your tac rig. If they are a CADPAT clad team maybe rock the pants or a hat in CADPAT. Your still on a team and trying to make it easy for your teammates to tell friend from fiend helps everyone. Your choice of camo should be blend of where you are and where your from, if your team is in desert colors you could use DPM pants with a tan T shirt as a British pmc. Or OD shirt with Alpenflage plants if your a Swede on say a Woodland team.

Small things can help with your BDU looking custom. Have a lady friend customize some stichting for you or put in mesh (armpits and crotch). The collars and the pockets can be altered to prefrance, remember under a vest you can't reach breast pockets. Get some character specific extras to fill out loose ends and make it convincing. A German pin or union jack bandana can say alot with out being drastic. A novel watch or glove set can help set you apart, along with eyewear and head gear. Remember it can all be customized to look like it was made for you as a pmc, but airsoft is a team sport so try plan as part of a team.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 17:48   #23
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Where'd you get this info from?

When I was in Afghanistan last year majority of the PMCs I saw were in Camo(Multicam)
Perhaps he meant a primarily issued camo like CADPAT or ACU.
Old December 5th, 2009, 13:37   #24
colint94

Yea, I was thinking like CAD/MARPAT, ACU. I'd understand MC though, just curious, do you have pics?

And for the OP, heres my kit for PMC (using an AK):
-5.11 Coyote Brown Pants
-Black Underarmor HeatGear Shirt
-Coyote Brown MOD Vest
-2 Dual AK Mag Pouches (holds 4 each, 8 mags total)
-Coyote Brown Admin Panel
-Coyote Brown Dual Grenade Pouch
-Coyote Brown Dual 40mm Pouch (for an M79)
-Coyote Brown iPouch (so I can listen to Danger On The Track all game haha)
-Coyote Brown Radio Pouch

I'm mostly basing my off of Blackwater Contractors I've seen in footage, photos, and books. My gun is an Echo1 CPW, which is perfectly tailored to a mercenaries needs, I love it. I'm gonna be getting an M79 soon, hence the 40mm Pouches. If you want some good information on Blackwater and other mercenary companies and policies I'd recommend reading Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army by Jeremy Scahill. Its a great read and goes really in depth on the company.

Last edited by colint94; December 5th, 2009 at 13:41..
colint94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 16:38   #25
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by colint94 View Post
If you want some good information on Blackwater and other mercenary companies and policies I'd recommend reading Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army by Jeremy Scahill. Its a great read and goes really in depth on the company.
I recommend the exact opposite. The book is a load of shit and Scahill is an asshat.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 20:12   #26
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

My kit almost done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010_02_10_000011215.JPG (520.2 KB, 203 views)
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 20:31   #27
pugs144

It's such a smashing good photo my monocle dislodged itself in amazement!!!!
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 20:43   #28
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
It's such a smashing good photo my monocle dislodged itself in amazement!!!!
lmao I will take that as a .... compliment yeah I think that works
Old February 10th, 2010, 20:50   #29
Conker

Hmmpgf..... what kind of "mercenary"? As in video games and movies, or a more realistic PMC-ish?
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 21:17   #30
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Hmmpgf..... what kind of "mercenary"? As in video games and movies, or a more realistic PMC-ish?
nothing in particular actually, just whatever gear I use in game, it just doesn't fall into any specific category so its PMC ish I guess
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Op-For/Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgents