Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JGSDF (Rikujo Jieitai) 陸上自衛隊

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Old August 20th, 2012, 17:00   #16
Kingsix

Looks like I need to study more :P

Mistaking Dakuon for Gojūon

@Dimitri

Have you tried using accents with your Pinying to indicate rising tones, dropping tones etc, I recall when I was learning Chinese many years ago we where taught using Pinying with accents to help with pronunciation.
Old August 20th, 2012, 17:05   #17
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Have you tried using accents with your Pinying to indicate rising tones, dropping tones etc, I recall when I was learning Chinese many years ago we where taught using Pinying with accents to help with pronunciation.
Yup, you pretty much have to use accents, I just have a hard time modifying the tone while I say the word. I'm practising, but at this rate, I'll be able to read and write using simplified a lot quicker then properly speaking Chinese.

I'm sure you can also guess I cannot sing, I sound like I'm speaking when I try to.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 17:33   #18
beastor

Damn, there is some cool kit on display here, I would love to get hold of some Japanese Defence Force camo and equipment. Are there stores where you can get big western sizes? (I'm a big lad) The Marui Type 89 looks like a fine airsoft weapon!

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 17:52   #19
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastor View Post
Damn, there is some cool kit on display here, I would love to get hold of some Japanese Defence Force camo and equipment. Are there stores where you can get big western sizes? (I'm a big lad) The Marui Type 89 looks like a fine airsoft weapon!
If I remember correctly 2 of my team mates that had to order "larger" sized uniforms had to pay extra...
Old August 20th, 2012, 18:15   #20
Kingsix

Nice, I got to check out the Combat shirt sometime, I got to check out the JSDF summer uniform variant, I'll probably order one next summer so I don't roast again.
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:31   #21
JSDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastor View Post
I believe there are some stores that keeps the big western sizes.
As someone mentioned earlier, it will cost a little more though.
There are various online website that sells JSDF equipment, but you may need to able to read Japanese in order to read what the online says.
Anyway if you are interested, you can order it here. This place ships to other country so it might be your best bet.
https://www.sandgraf.jp/index.php?ma...&cPath=220_237
https://www.sandgraf.jp/index.php?ma...&cPath=220_238

As for the Tokyo Marui Type 89, I am definately recommending you this airsoft gun. It's the JGSDF uses this airsoft as their official training rifle. Even the weight of the rifle is very close to the real one. With the bipod, battery and the empty magazine, the airsoft weighs 3.7 kg (8.2 lbs) and the real Howa Type 89 weighs 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs) when there are no bullet inside, thus making it weigh really close like a real thing when loaded. The gun was designed for the height of Japanese people so the gun is thinner and smaller than usual battle rifle, but don't be fooled by it's size. It uses the vsr-10 sized inner barrel. Not to mention, because the gun is smaller, the gun feels quite solid and dense. As for the performance of the gun, the 3 round burst on the type 8 mechbox works like a charm and it has never failed on me yet.

If you want more info on these gears, just let me know. Good luck collecting the JSDF gears, beastor.

Lastly, I seen your Russian SWAT (OMON or OMOH) load out on the other themed airsoft page. That looked very nice and it would be great if you can tell me where you got those gears, haha.
JSDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 07:38   #22
beastor

Excellent, thanks for the links and I am glad you confirmed my initial impression of the Type 89!

Regarding the OMOH stuff it was really mostly western equipment so isn't really all that accurate (I was going for the look of the OMOH men from Modern Warfare 2 in the "No Russian" level) but the patches can be bought as a set from Ebay very easily!:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-R...item3cc97e247e

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:35   #23
Dimitri
Can't do math

Nice post JSDF,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDF View Post
The gun was designed for the height of Japanese people so the gun is thinner and smaller than usual battle rifle, but don't be fooled by it's size.
Current military arms such as the M16, M4, AK and Type 89 are considered "assault rifles", as they were designed to fire "intermediate ammunition" that is between a real Battle Rifle's full size ammunition and handgun ammunition.

The Howa Type 64, the M14, G3, FAL, etc are "battle rifles" as they fire "full size" ammunition.

TOP makes/made a Type 64 clone, or at least they recently showed one off, I saw pictures of it. If I was going full JSDF I'd get one of them over the Type 89.

Dimitri
Old August 21st, 2012, 13:05   #24
JSDF

Thanks for the link beastor, I think that look may be my next project, haha.

As for my previous post, you are right Dimitri, it's not battle rifle :P
It's just that I was writing that post when I couldn't sleep last night. As for the proof, my post is full of simple grammar mistakes, haha. Either way, I wanted to say that the size of the type 89 is smaller in general, when comparing to other assault rifles.
Lastly, I thought about the TOP Type 64 too. It's just that, that thing is impossible to find in Canada and it's been out for a while. I am wondering if it is close to like the real steel like the Tokyo Marui Type 89. The thing is, Type 64 was released for a while now and I don't hear much stuff about it.
JSDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 17:26   #25
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDF View Post
As for my previous post, you are right Dimitri, it's not battle rifle :P
I'm just a battle rifle fan, all my rifles are battle rifles at the moment, M1A, FN SAFN49, and a Envoy (aka No. 4 Enfield).

I like to correct people on the different between Battle Rifle and Assault rifle, its a force of habit, due to the confusion even amongst firearm owners to now know the differences!

Which is why when I bought my first airsoft gun a few months ago I went with the CA G3, and if I do a full JSDF impression I'll be trying to hunt down a Type 64!

But yes I've noticed a lack of online information about the TOP Type 64 as well. Which is a real shame.

Dimitri
Old August 21st, 2012, 19:52   #26
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Nice, I got to check out the Combat shirt sometime, I got to check out the JSDF summer uniform variant, I'll probably order one next summer so I don't roast again.
Kaiu said the Combat shirt was really nice, I'm picking mine up from him this weekend, will give you my thoughts on it
Old August 26th, 2012, 00:28   #27
Short Round
Najohn

Ewow this combat shirt is perfect for summer weather definitely wish we had these for rhino. Definitely would recommend buying
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 16:32   #28
Kingsix

http://www.ebairsoft.com/field-shirt...df-p-6853.html

Looks like the cloners are starting to take notice of the camo pattern Cheaper uniforms /cheaper quality. Now which god do I pray to to get some Plate carriers in this pattern.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:57   #29
Kingsix

Bought more JSDF gear, still love the pattern.
Old July 9th, 2013, 13:44   #30
kaiu

Haha, my collection just got bigger yesterday

Sorry for bad image quality, took it with my phone and there was a blackout... All the light available was from the window.

Last edited by kaiu; July 9th, 2013 at 20:38..
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!