Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

*Stick Please* Installing A P90 Large Battery Tool For Borrowing!

:

AEG Solutions

Old September 29th, 2005, 18:46   #1
Greykin

*Stick Please* Installing A P90 Large Battery Tool For Borrowing!

Current Owner of Screwdriver: Greykin

---
The Battery:

So you've tried this and it still isn't working for you, the battery refuses to go in far enough, so the buttplate can slide on.

Well, I hope this will help then, this is what I did:

1. I totally sanded down the backplate to get rid of the ridges

2. I found that it was still hard to put in my battery, then heard there was a solution still. There is a ridge at the bottom of your P90 battery compartment that is about 2 - 3mm. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of it. If you look directly down the P90 battery compartment though, you can see a ridge, if you take that out, it will allow your battery to go down a bit more, fitting the battery.

3. To break out the ridge, there are many methods to achieve this, but the easiest way is to use this screwer MadMax has so generously donated to the community. It took me under 1min to take out the ridge with it.
This is what the screwdriver tip looks like:

4. All you do is saddle the screwdriver over the ridge, and twist it, and the ridge bends and breaks off really easily, resulting in something that may look like this:

5. Stick in your battery now and give it a good press when it's in, so now it should look something like this =):

So, right now I am in the possession of the screwdriver. For anyone who needs it, just pay for the shipping fees and I can deliver it to your place then you'll be the new holder, and if someone else needs it, you can send it to them, and so on.
Old December 18th, 2006, 16:07   #2
DWells55

First of all - I apologize for the bump. I've been Googling around for a while trying to figure out how to fit a better battery into my P90 and this was all I could find.

Using this method and the linked Arnie's article, am I going to need to do anything to the fuse box in order to fit this battery ( http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10724.26 )? I'm really not comfortable messing with the gun other than sanding down the back plate, removing the gearbox bracket, and snapping off that ridge. Also, do you think the 600mah that I gain over a supposedly "no mod required" L battery ( http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=11211.26 ) is worth the mod?

Finally, how much would shipping cost for that screwdriver to be sent to zip code 01104 in Massachusetts, United States?
DWells55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 16:18   #3
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I think the screwdriver will stay in canada. But you can make yourself one easely with a dremel. I did myself and it took 30 secs. It's even fun!

The batterie you posted should fit nicely in without mods. If it don't, cut the gearbox retainer a bit.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 16:39   #4
DWells55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
I think the screwdriver will stay in canada. But you can make yourself one easely with a dremel. I did myself and it took 30 secs. It's even fun!

The batterie you posted should fit nicely in without mods. If it don't, cut the gearbox retainer a bit.
It's going to be a chore finding that dremel of mine, and even more of a chore finding a cutting disc that I haven't shattered yet. What's the width in millimetres for that notch in the screwdriver?

When you did the mod yourself, did you have to do anything with the fusebox to fit your J battery? Also, would you recommend I go for the mod and 600mah larger battery or just stick with the no-mod smaller battery?
DWells55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 21:22   #5
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

The notch I did was by trial and error. I did a small one and made it bigger untill it fitted perfecly with the trimming I needed to eradicate.

I removed the fuse box. Pretty easy to do. Remove the gearbox (2 screws at the back and voila) cut the fuse box, re solder some wires and have only the necessary lenght. It's really easy to do. I'm not the kind of guy to fix those things by himself, but this is so easy, I did it myself for the most part. I just had a friend cut the mecbox retainer because he did his at the same time and I did not knew how much I needed to cut.

I also used the dremel to shave the butplate inside. Now by big ass J battery fit snugly.

I just added a little electrical tape on the batterie to help get it out of the gun, because without it, it's very hard.

If you want to stick to smaller batteries, make sure you have 2 fully charged with you at games. They tend to run out if you shoot a lot or if your gun is upgraded. My J batterie last me for several games, because I'm not trigger happy (I'm a sniper normally hehe)

Back when I had a G36c, I used 900mah 9.6v small batt, and it lasted about 4h of inside skirmishing. (lot of shooting). I also lasted a 24h milsim on 1 small 900mah batt. (little shooting)

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne

Last edited by FOX_111; December 21st, 2006 at 21:25..
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:20   #6
Corleone

Have you guys noticed how the modded gearbox backplates seems to weaken/crack with some use? I would much rather recommend the following mod:

Step 1: leave your backplate intact to properly support your gearbox without cracking in the future.

Step 2: Order one of the following (they all fit the Marui P90 without modding):
Turnigy 7.4v 2200mAh 40C Lipo Pack
Turnigy nano-tech 11.1v 1600mah 25~50C Lipo Pack
Turnigy nano-tech 11.1v 1800mah 20~40C Lipo AIRSOFT Pack (this one's a very tight fit!)

From what I've seen, the KS P90s have a slightly longer, but also lower battery compartment. You better check the height. If you're uncertain, these will be guaranteed to fit!

From my experience, the 2200mAh pack can last for well over a weekend with more than enough shooting <3

Last edited by Corleone; October 9th, 2011 at 09:26..
Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions