Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sketchy Retailers?

:

General

Old July 3rd, 2017, 01:58   #1
crazyninjadude

Sketchy Retailers?

Does anyone have any experience with hero outdoors or on target airsoft? On Target has some really decent prices, but it seems a bit off. Also, Hero outdoors seems to take forever to ship; I ordered an outer barrel and duster gas adapter for my KC-02 over a week ago and it still has not shipped.

Im just wondering if anyone has an anything to say about these retailers.
crazyninjadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 02:15   #2
redzaku

don't worry about hero outdoors , they are good, in my experience they take that long because they always run out of items. however i do wish that they would have a better system that update the out of stock items
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 06:37   #3
BrendanL

Heros stock is never up to date and most time they don't even have the item in store.

On Target Airsoft up in Bancroft is good to go, I've dealt with him before and was happy, also he's got great prices.
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 09:47   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Heros seems to drop ship from their suppliers thats why shipping takes so long also why the their website has items always "in stock". they will ship eventually, might take two weeks for them to get a tracking number out to you.

Haven't personally dealt with "On Target".
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 11:53   #5
OneBluntWonder

Recently I emailed hero to make sure they had an item actually in stock before I ordered. They replied that yes it was in stock. I ordered that same day and a week later I received a message saying the item was discontinued.... I ordered aeg from them about a year ago as well and got a message asking if I wanted a different model because it was not in stock.

Is it really that difficult to keep up to date stock info in this day and age? Why do they need to take people`s money just to find out if that item is even stock?
OneBluntWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 12:48   #6
Freeze

Yeah Hero is kind of annoying in that way. Had an issue where they said "we have this instock" and "we will receive within a week", which ended up turning into "sorry its discontinued" and "sorry still not in stock" (to this date)
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 19:36   #7
coreysmith

In store hero is fantastic i have not ordered from them though i only went in to buy stuff

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
coreysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 20:35   #8
Kozure

Hero Outdoors apparently doesn't list anything as being out of stock, so if you order something and it's in stock, you get it really quickly, but if it's out of stock, it can be a few weeks before it comes in, then the usual shipping time.

I've ordered stuff from them twice. Once, it took a while because the item was out of stock, the second time I got it in two business days.

So, I don't think they're shady, just that they're not up front about what's in stock, and that might result in delays, depending on what you order.
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2017, 21:36   #9
Swattiger

They are pretty good in military items e.g. BDUs, pouches, belts. The online inventory of these items are quite updated.

But for airsoft, I absolutely agreed that they are not always have those "instock items", even you call them to check first.

So I just stick to the military surplus items.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2017, 22:34   #10
Smacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyninjadude View Post
Does anyone have any experience with hero outdoors or on target airsoft? On Target has some really decent prices, but it seems a bit off. Also, Hero outdoors seems to take forever to ship; I ordered an outer barrel and duster gas adapter for my KC-02 over a week ago and it still has not shipped.

Im just wondering if anyone has an anything to say about these retailers.
I ordered a KP-05 and a set of Tanio Koba grips from Hero on June 6th, got a message June 9th saying they just sold the last one and would take two weeks to get it in stock. Fast forward to today and still hasn't shipped yet. I sent them a message on Thursday which they haven't replied to yet. Just wondering if it really takes them this long for them to ship stuff out from past experience?
Smacky is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General