Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC (UMAREX) MP5 GBBR Owners Thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 25th, 2013, 04:28   #181
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequential View Post
Are you coming with me and my friend, we are playing GBB MP5 only!
I have to wait for the end of the week to confirm if I'll be free since I have already had other game posted up. Also I'm not a gamer play regularly, my technique may not good enough and rusty if that's okay for you guys.

Last edited by N_Force; November 25th, 2013 at 07:06..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:05   #182
cookedham

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
I have to wait for the end of the week to confirm if I'll be free since I have already had other game posted up. Also I'm not a gamer play regularly, my technique may not good enough and rusty if that's okay for you guys.
For sure man, I m not a regular player too, I just attend the game I am interested, let's team up with our MP5sss lol

It's just a war game, nothing serious so let's enjoy and have fun

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 10:55   #183
Tisane

Quote:
+1 Azimuth is shit. Azimuth makes so much bad products, I don't even understand how they are still producing stuff. Even the loading nozzle from them kept getting stuck with my enhanced cylinder.
The one in my MP5k kept getting stuck, and because I didn't notice it for a while the little retaining tabs at the end of the bolt head almost wore through the bottom guide rail on the nozzle
Sanded the nozzle itself down to move more smoothly and the enhanced cylinder and the wear has stopped, lucky though if I hadn't noticed it it could have worn through completely and then I would have been pissed!!

I thought about the V2 to replace it anyway but I've got about 3 spares so not bothering until I run short.

For lowering the FPS I've used the Azimuth power reduction valve from WGC, alongside the standard nozzle, that didn't quite do the job for what I needed but I had the weaker springs left over from the alloy bulb I used in the K, dropped the weakest one in and, it's now well under my requirements.

I've also been told by a Umarex rep that another good way of doing it on the cheap is to fill out the hole in the original cylinder bulb with some form of plastic, he suggested a small piece of unjamming rod and simply drill it out 1mm to start and then a further 1mm after every chrono test until you get the required FPS.
Tisane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:32   #184
N_Force

After I modified the cylinder bulb with a piece of screw to reduce it from 420 to 320, almost 100fps, I've found that the cycle is better and minimize the cool effect of cause. Now it is gameable and smoother. I like her more! You know sometime she made me upset and I wanted to dump her, almost every single piece too, lol!

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2013, 23:43   #185
DMB90

Hi all,
I am new owner of this gun. Everything is ok except every now and then bbs fall out from the barrel when the gun is loaded and pointing down. I have replaced the hop up and the rubber and it helped a little but did not stop it. Does anybody have experience with this?
Thanks
DM
DMB90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:36   #186
thef4lc0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB90 View Post
Hi all,
I am new owner of this gun. Everything is ok except every now and then bbs fall out from the barrel when the gun is loaded and pointing down. I have replaced the hop up and the rubber and it helped a little but did not stop it. Does anybody have experience with this?
Thanks
DM
have you tried to maximize the hop up setting and check whether it is still fall out?
thef4lc0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 15:21   #187
StayPufft

Hey, so as some of you know I have been looking around for my vary own vfc mp5 and I think I've found one!
BuyAirsoft has one listed ( https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/gas...-a3-gbb-r.html )
The problem is I don't know what version it is. In the video he says it has the "navy trigger group" so is it the latest version?
I've heard that the problems that the older versions have are fixed in the newer ones.
So before I drop a large amount of cash on it I want to make sure!

btw this is the one i would do awful things to get http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...&view_choice=c

Last edited by StayPufft; December 8th, 2013 at 15:27..
StayPufft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 17:31   #188
cookedham

Quote:
Originally Posted by thef4lc0n View Post
have you tried to maximize the hop up setting and check whether it is still fall out?
True maybe your hop up too loose, suppose one bb hold in the barrel and ready to fire each time, I got this problem before, try hop up

Old December 8th, 2013, 17:36   #189
cookedham

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPufft View Post
Hey, so as some of you know I have been looking around for my vary own vfc mp5 and I think I've found one!
BuyAirsoft has one listed ( https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/gas...-a3-gbb-r.html )
The problem is I don't know what version it is. In the video he says it has the "navy trigger group" so is it the latest version?
I've heard that the problems that the older versions have are fixed in the newer ones.
So before I drop a large amount of cash on it I want to make sure!

btw this is the one i would do awful things to get http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...&view_choice=c
Buyairsoft.ca one is gen2 I believe, I got a gen2 it runs perfect out of the box

I dun think anyone can import the navy version, no worries just order the flash hider from wgc it will turn into navy version

If you can wait until Christmas or til Jan I suggest you do so coz I heard from Charles from airsoftdepot.ca he placed order for a shipment of all vfc aeg and gbb, so just wait and see

Old December 8th, 2013, 17:58   #190
StayPufft

Awesome thanks! I can wait no problem! Airsoftdepot always has pretty good prices too.
StayPufft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 22:56   #191
DMB90

Quote:
Originally Posted by thef4lc0n View Post
Thanks for suggestion. No, my hopup is almost all the way on and I installed prometheous rubber and it is still does it. It also does not look that hopup actually does anything so the loading nozzle probably pushes the bb to far in. I took it apart again and it looks like the bolt itself is too worn out and it may be pushing the loading nozzle further than it should be. I have ordered a new one from WGC. I will let you know if it helps.
DMB90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:08   #192
Tisane

Ok guys I'm just about ready to do the VSR hop mod on both of my MP5s, one thing I'm stuck on is what barrel to go for for either of them, the A3 is 210mm +- 10mm inner barrel, I'm struggling to find the correct length, let alone the correct length and cut outs.
The K is 110mm long and I think I can use an RA-tech 6.01 inner barrel but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone got any recommendations?
Or is it worth just adapting the current inner barrels to take the VSR hop rubber?
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:01   #193
Sequential

The MP5 barrel length is 208mm.
Old December 16th, 2013, 18:23   #194
Tisane

Quote:
The MP5 barrel length is 208mm.
I was going to the nearest, 2mm isn't going to make any difference.
Old December 16th, 2013, 18:42   #195
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
I was going to the nearest, 2mm isn't going to make any difference.
Yeah, you can do the longest. The only problem and thing you must realize is when you do the VSR10 conversion you must have a barrel that has the cuts on it to fit a VSR10 bucking.
And yes the VSR10 conversion is the best hop-up for a GBBR. You can speak to a friend of mine nugentgl and he will tell you it is one of the best conversions.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion