Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Co2 Gas ?

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 20th, 2016, 03:04   #1
jimwu

Co2 Gas ?

Hi ! I just got my kjw m700 , so can I use co2 gas on it ?
The original is using green gas so I wonder can use co2 gas or not ?
And if use co2 gas what do I need to pay attention for it ?
Tks

cheers
jim
jimwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 17:32   #2
cetane

You can not charge a green gas mag with straight co2. It'll go boom in your hand. I don't know if they have co2 mags for it. If you do want to use co2 on the g&g mags, it will need to be regulated down off a tank & remote line tapped to the mag.
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 01:19   #3
jimwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetane View Post
You can not charge a green gas mag with straight co2. It'll go boom in your hand. I don't know if they have co2 mags for it. If you do want to use co2 on the g&g mags, it will need to be regulated down off a tank & remote line tapped to the mag.
Hi ! Thanks for your reply and info , thank you very much , I did see the youtube mod it on the original mag , but not understand it so I look for help here , thank you mate .
Old July 21st, 2016, 01:58   #4
RainyEyes

Those mods all run HPA and if you want to modify your mags for CO2 you might as well get an AEG
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:29   #5
jimwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Those mods all run HPA and if you want to modify your mags for CO2 you might as well get an AEG
Hi ! Thanks for reply but I own the kjw m700 sniper , that's why I ask this noob question
I did own an aeg which is custom build my own one , I didn't own any GBB rifle so its no point to mod it , I just want to know if the original mag can stand for the co2 or not that's all
But still thank you for your reply and info

cheers
Old July 21st, 2016, 11:38   #6
Zeroroaster

Excellent rifle by the way...if I was going to go with a gas sniper, the M700 is certainly on my list. That said, if green gas is delivering the FPS and is readily available, why not stick with it? There's lubricants in green gas that will keep your gun working properly and require very little maintenance, whereas CO2 will dry out seals and such requiring a little more work.

There's no denying the punch of CO2, but if you don't really need it, why do it? For the same reason I love my 1911, I guess...it kicks like a mule!
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 12:02   #7
cetane

Shot to shot consistency with hpa tapped mag much better than propane & easy to fine tune fps. Who still uses green gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroroaster View Post
Excellent rifle by the way...if I was going to go with a gas sniper, the M700 is certainly on my list. That said, if green gas is delivering the FPS and is readily available, why not stick with it? There's lubricants in green gas that will keep your gun working properly and require very little maintenance, whereas CO2 will dry out seals and such requiring a little more work.

There's no denying the punch of CO2, but if you don't really need it, why do it? For the same reason I love my 1911, I guess...it kicks like a mule!
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 16:21   #8
Zeroroaster

True on the consistency, but I prefer not to pack a tank. I still see lots of green gas rifles in this part of the world....also for the reason of not wanting to pack a tank. Personal preference I guess. In my case, my sniper is a spring gun. Simple, reliable, gets it done.
Old July 28th, 2016, 04:33   #9
jimwu

Hi All Thanks for all kind of suggestion , so I think I am going to stick on the original state , mean not going to mod it , thanks again

cheers
Old August 2nd, 2016, 06:54   #10
jimwu

Hi All ! I got new question here need your help , I don want to keep on open new post , so I decided to continue here , hope is ok for you all
Now I got a problem with the m700 magazine , the problem is when I leave the remain gas inside the mag after I play , leave it till next day and I cant shoot anything from the mag , no BB come out or no gas sound at all , and I use hand to push it found that very hard to push , its just like stuck or something , and I did open it out and check found nothing at all ... ? do you or anyone have this kind of problem ?
And how to solve it ? thanks

cheers
Old August 3rd, 2016, 17:35   #11
Zeroroaster

If I'm reading that right, it sounds like the gas valve is sticking. Are you using green gas or propane?
Old August 3rd, 2016, 17:46   #12
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Seems like as said above the valve is stuck. You can move it with effort? Then you may be able to take it out and soak it in silicone oil that may repair it. Or just buy new valves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2016, 03:58   #13
jimwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroroaster View Post
If I'm reading that right, it sounds like the gas valve is sticking. Are you using green gas or propane?
Yes sir I am using green gas
Old August 19th, 2016, 04:00   #14
jimwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Seems like as said above the valve is stuck. You can move it with effort? Then you may be able to take it out and soak it in silicone oil that may repair it. Or just buy new valves.
If there is no gas inside then all are ok , if I leave gas inside it then it will stuck
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank