This is GBBR thread.

:

Airsoft Media

Old January 21st, 2011, 13:07   #256
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Hey Illusion what brand do you use for the hop up assembly and trigger set? I'm still using a G&P set (trigger and hopup)
The hop up chamber and inner barrel are RA-Tech.

Trigger is Prime.
Most internals are Prime, except for the sear, hammer and bolt catch, which are all RA-Tech.

The springs are all G&P 150%

Last edited by ILLusion; January 21st, 2011 at 13:11..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 13:12   #257
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
The hop up chamber and inner barrel are RA-Tech.

Trigger is Prime.
Most internals are Prime, except for the sear, hammer and bolt catch, which are all RA-Tech.

The springs are all G&P 150%
Sounds solid. I'm really thinking about getting a prime body right about now... my charging handle keeps breaking. How are those Pro-win mags? They better than the 1st gen?
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 13:24   #258
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Sounds solid. I'm really thinking about getting a prime body right about now... my charging handle keeps breaking. How are those Pro-win mags? They better than the 1st gen?
I'm not sure if charging handle breakage has anything to do with the receiver... But now that you mention it, you're not the first G&P body owner that I've heard of breaking their charging handle. Does it break at the very end where it curves down in to an "L" shape? Do you have bolt carrier buffers installed?

As for the Pro-Win mags, I'm using the v2's right now, and they're fantastic. Granted, my experience with the 1st gen was very very limited, so I don't see any performance differences between the two.
But this mag has had no problems holding gas for about 3 months now, and ROF & FPS both keep fairly high from the beginning till the end of the mag.
Old January 21st, 2011, 13:29   #259
spartan117

Quote:
I'm not sure if charging handle breakage has anything to do with the receiver... But now that you mention it, you're not the first G&P body owner that I've heard of breaking their charging handle. Does it break at the very end where it curves down in to an "L" shape? Do you have bolt carrier buffers installed?

As for the Pro-Win mags, I'm using the v2's right now, and they're fantastic. Granted, my experience with the 1st gen was very very limited, so I don't see any performance differences between the two.
But this mag has had no problems holding gas for about 3 months now, and ROF & FPS both keep fairly high from the beginning till the end of the mag.
The first time i test fired my GBBR the locking latch somehow broke off from the vibrations. The second time it broke off at the end (L shape). I might have to go with a real charging handle but those don't fit on G&P bodies only prime. There are still some things i have to work out on my GBBR. Sometimes the silver block that is right under the selector switch inside the receiver comes lose. Most recent i my bolt kept jamming on the hammer. I had to use 5 quarters as speed buffers to fix the problem.
Old January 21st, 2011, 13:47   #260
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
The first time i test fired my GBBR the locking latch somehow broke off from the vibrations. The second time it broke off at the end (L shape). I might have to go with a real charging handle but those don't fit on G&P bodies only prime.
I'd say to try a real steel charging handle. They're not too expensive for a good quality one.

You can easily make them fit G&P receivers. You just have to grind/file off the two guide tabs on the side of the arm. Take that in to consideration when making your purchase, as a hardened steel charging handle will definitely be harder to work than an aluminum charging handle.

Quote:
There are still some things i have to work out on my GBBR. Sometimes the silver block that is right under the selector switch inside the receiver comes lose.
Doesn't the mag catch hold that in place?
Old January 21st, 2011, 13:55   #261
spartan117

Quote:
I'd say to try a real steel charging handle. They're not too expensive for a good quality one.

You can easily make them fit G&P receivers. You just have to grind/file off the two guide tabs on the side of the arm. Take that in to consideration when making your purchase, as a hardened steel charging handle will definitely be harder to work than an aluminum charging handle.

Doesn't the mag catch hold that in place?
That's the firing block apparently. I'm not too sure what the other one is called but it should be right where the grip is screwed into the lower receiver.

It's the silver thing thats right next to the buffer assembly

Last edited by spartan117; January 21st, 2011 at 13:57..
Old January 21st, 2011, 14:05   #262
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
That's the firing block apparently. I'm not too sure what the other one is called but it should be right where the grip is screwed into the lower receiver.

It's the silver thing thats right next to the buffer assembly
Ah, my mistake. I'd missed where you mentioned the selector lever.

What's going on with the bolt that holds it in place? For the G&P system, there should be one bolt that holds it from the bottom (the grip hides it), and another grub screw from the top that provides resistance to allow for a proper height.
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:27   #263
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Hi guys, I'm back in the GBBR wagon...

Magpulized KJW M4 ! (yes I' will paint it)

Old January 25th, 2011, 00:54   #264
KLusTeR

Quote:
What's going on with the bolt that holds it in place? For the G&P system, there should be one bolt that holds it from the bottom (the grip hides it), and another grub screw from the top that provides resistance to allow for a proper height.
G&P actually has a couple different versions of the buffer lock housing, that I've seen anyways. One being the type you mentioned with the grub screw and the other being the type that spartan has where its just a hex screw that adjusts for height. I believe one has the hex nut to screw into and the other is threaded on the inside or the hex nut cannot be removed.

My buffer lock housing comes lose from time to time as well, I'm going to try VC3 on the threads and see if that helps. Works for the NPAS threads so I'll give it a shot.
Old January 25th, 2011, 17:18   #265
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

WE M4A1 GBBR w/ RA-Tech NPAS & steel part#66

- Pelican 1720 rifle case - black
- KAC RAS
- A.R.M.S. #40L-P
- Magpul CTR - fde
- TangoDown BG16 - fde
- Gear Sector Rail Mount QD Socket - fde
- BlueForceGear Vickers Combat Applications Sling - fde
- Surefire G2 LED w/ Z59 Click-on Tailcap Switch
- Viking Tactics Light Mount - fde
- KingArms Harris Bipod 6" to 9" replica - spring loaded legs
- KingArms LaRue Harris Bipod Adapter LT-130 replica
- DYTAC Surefire FH556-212A replica
- DataMatrix sticker

Last edited by MilanWG; January 25th, 2011 at 17:45..
MilanWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 15:46   #266
RacingManiac

Made the 16" upper to RS/Prime spec with a Prime MUR upper, now it mates to the Larue Iron Airsoft lower instead of the WOC. I think its inevitable that I'll end up converting the 11.5" WOC to Prime spec also...just waiting for the right receiver set to come along...

Need to make a spacer for my WA spec Bolt carrier though so I can migrate its bolt too...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 15:54   #267
DEATH2000

RM, your pictures never cease to amaze me. Every picture is like opening presents on Christmas Morning! I have always been an AEG person, but after seeing your builds I am definitley wanting to build a GGBR. I love the idea of being able to swap upper recievers for CQB or long range engagements.
Old January 30th, 2011, 21:03   #268
RacingManiac

Thats an exaggeration.....the pics were just guns on carpet shots lol....and I still think the color looks weird for now...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 22:33   #269
DEATH2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Thats an exaggeration.....the pics were just guns on carpet shots lol....and I still think the color looks weird for now...
Carpet? What carpet? Lol

What's the possibility of you posting a picture with a higher resolution? I have the picture of the gun above with the alternate upper, vest, and 1911 as my desktop on my Laptop but my laptop is a 17" so it doesn't look as good.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 18:08   #270
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

eh wtf...do I see double ??

HELL YEAH
Kjw M4 cansoft
Kjw M4 full metal with cradle upgrades

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media