Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Speedjunkies HK416

:

Airsoft Media

Old March 21st, 2007, 14:32   #16
Nortus

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkiesracing View Post
From A&A to my door VFC HK416DX is $1249 with tax, shipping and no battery. My VFC HK416D10RS with a battery and a bag of BBs was $500 Canadian to my brothers door in Florida. Just because people charge double or more for a gun in Canada does not mean its worth it. So if you need your gun to have a more real front sight you can pay $1250 for a stock gun that has electricial problems and shoots 315-320 FPS.

I will on the other hand will take my $1300 and buy a hurricane kit from Jugglez and have a gun that shoots 380FPS on .2s. That has a systema gear box, tight bore, wired to rear hurricane stock with a battery and delivery included. IMO

As for me
Quick to defend your $1300 decision eh? Haha.

If you read carefully I was merely pointing out that there is an ALTERNATIVE to getting an HK416 setup that other users can explore.

The VFC HK416 "Super DX' could be more appealing to other aspiring HK416 owners, because aesthetically, it simply offers more than the Hurricane kit:
* Realistic H&K-LE stock (please correct me if I am wrong, but I couldn't find a single H&K-produced HK416 that has the same stock as the Hurricane one)
* Aforementioned front sight
* Realistic H&K pistol grip
* H&K magazine
* Bolt-lock feature (mentioned above and described by WGC: Cosmetic bolt plate able to lock when pulling cocking handle, returns by pressing Bolt Release Button, easy for hop-up adjustment.)
* AN-PEQ2 unit (for battery storage)

For roughly the same price, somebody could forego all the above luxuries and instead choose the Hurricane kit which does perform well. It really depends on what you're willing to sacrifice. Alternatively, you could purchase the VFC replica and replace the internals, because when you've spent upwards of $1250, what's another $250?
Nortus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 14:57   #17
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortus View Post
Alternatively, you could purchase the VFC replica and replace the internals, because when you've spent upwards of $1250, what's another $250?
Then what would be the point of buying a pre-built gun, only to take it apart right away? About half of the VFC 's out there have been proven to have internals problems... If I'm paying $1250 for a gun it better last far longer than 500 rounds. The major pro of the VFC when it was released is it's pre-built ready to go, this is no longer a pro if you're likely to get one that doesn't work.

The RIS front sight is sweet, but if you're not looking for the CQB look this is a non-issue - notice what length both guns in this thread happen to be?

The stock included with the Hurricane kit is an HK417 style stock, and it holds a large cell 9.6v battery, far more practical than PEQ box which adds weight and ruins the balance of the gun. Changing the battery is a piece of cake too, pop off the cheekpad and it slides right in.

I've chronied the VFC version a month or so back it clocked in at 320-325-ish..... even if you get a good one you'll need to change out at least the spring if you want to match what a G&P or Systema M120 gearbox would shoot at.

And doesn't the VFC come with a plastic hop-up similar to the ones you'd find in $200 China Airsoft guns?

I realize your argument is primarily in the cosmetic aspects, but if you want a well rounded gun that will PERFORM, the Hurricane kit is the way to go.

Last edited by Jugglez; March 21st, 2007 at 15:02..
Jugglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 15:28   #18
Lakonian
kos

Damn... Speed junky, your 416 made me start planning for my next project! I will soon join this bandwagon! SOON! mwahahhaha!
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 17:02   #19
stokes

NO KOS DONT! ITS NOT THAT GOOD.... hehehehe
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 18:49   #20
the end

someone should add his site to the canadian retailers drop down menu
the end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 19:46   #21
Ditti

all I want to know is when do I get to try it?
Ditti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2007, 20:01   #22
Eddie

Send a message via MSN to Eddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugglez View Post
Yeah that's the V2... V1's were discontinued several months, i believe there were only 150 or so units ever made. If you look at the unique serial number on the selector switch side it will tell you the kit's manufacturing no. My V1 is no 66... the V2 up there is No. 435
Probably a little more then 150 because mine is T040152
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 15:54   #23
speedjunkiesracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditti View Post
all I want to know is when do I get to try it?
March 31 Flag Raiders walk on game
Be There Bitch
Old March 25th, 2007, 22:59   #24
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes View Post
NO KOS DONT! ITS NOT THAT GOOD.... hehehehe
lol. No? Weelll... I'll be buying yers off ya then!
Old March 25th, 2007, 23:03   #25
stokes

Never!....
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 23:45   #26
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Never!....
I have to wait soooo long for mine!! ARGH.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:16   #27
Blackspeed416

I've been looking up threads related to the HK416 ever since it caught my I and some the pics I found here helped me with my decision to get one.

I now own a VFC HK416 D Ser. 88-100318 and I absolutely love this gun. But it does have the fire cut off issue that has been discussed so heavily. That being said I was well aware of the issue before I bought the gun and knew that it could be fixed very easily.

As for the most realistic representation of the RS HK416 the VFC does it better. Color wise is not close but perfect and the trades are spot on as well.

My gun shot a high of around 343fps and a low about 337fps with an average of 339.2fps and where I play the max is 350 so its right at the limit, so no need to upgrade. Also the ROF is very fast and most people are impressed with it as the HK416 shoots faster than there modded guns.

So I basically got what I was looking for a high muzzle velocity and fast rate of fire with out having to mod a thing.

The cut switch is easily fix by any professional tech so no problem there ether.

VFC HK416 D is a great way to go if have an understanding of a. it might have minor problem and when delivered b. its awesome gun high quality representation of the HK416 that needs no modification to fire fast and hard.

OBTW it has a metal hop-up

Blackspeed416
Blackspeed416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 12:04   #28
HarDcoreChronie

Send a message via MSN to HarDcoreChronie
Quote:
Yep that is the version 2. That damn bamboo rail covers are really growing on me.
i love those bamboo rail covers. looks so comfy. Do they make smaller ones for M4a1 or mp5 ras? prrrrrrr
http://www.youtube.com/user/HarDcoreChronie
http://vimeo.com/user7724619/videos
HarDcoreChronie is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media