Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PGC/Tokyo Marui P226 Build & Review

:

Airsoft Media

Old January 2nd, 2013, 17:42   #1
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Lightbulb PGC/Tokyo Marui P226 Build & Review

If I could own only one sidearm, this is it!

I seized the opportunity when I found the chance to get my first choice, my "dream gun". It was not cheap and it was not quick but it was well worth the wait!

The quality of the CNC work that PGC/Pro win does is second to none! Fit and finish are the finest I've seen with a level of precision matched only by the almighty himself. There are no tooling or machine marks anywhere noticeable.

I was expecting a drop in fit or at least close to. It was not as easy as "insert peg B into hole A", but it was not terribly difficult ether. I now understand why they recommend "professional installation".

The most difficult part was dealing with the flash from the cast Tokyo Mauri parts like the trigger locking block, hammer and blowback unit.

I polished the top and sides of the barrel chamber, frame rails, hammer and blowback unit to a mirror finish so clear I could see myself in it.

It took half the day to build fitting piece by piece checking for friction, filing and polishing till it worked like a Swiss clock.

My criteria for choosing a airsoft gun is from a collectors perspective. Metal, trademarks and one to one function. PGC`s attention to details like including both the solid and hollow pin for the firing pin block was one of the many reason I chose this kit over the other options like Prime and Guarder.

Anyone can buy a KJW P226, I probably could have bought five for the price I paid for this but I prefer quality over quantity.

To anyone thinking of building a custom gun from a kit, I can tell you this, you will not be disappointed with the final result.

I would also like to test the waters and see if there is any interest in me building a bespoke hand fitted gun for other members. I am a firm believer in the do it yourself attitude but to anyone without the will, skill or time I would like to offer my services and be the one to bring your dream gun into reality.

I would like to thank you for reading till the end, ILLusion for the inspiration, Jugglez for his diagrams, long_bong and the ASC community.

Parts List:

Tokyo Mauri P226 (railed) base gun
PGC P226 Navy (non railed) slide and frame
Prime dummy firing pin
Shooters Design steel valve knocker
Guarder 150% recoil spring (still locks back on last shot, every time!)
Tokyo Mauri E2 magazines (with silent fill O ring mod)
RS Hogue P226 grips (no finger grooves)
RS Sig Sauer pistol case
Frog Lube paste to make everything work super smooth

Mean FPS is around 300, with max being 318 and min in the 280's but shot to shot deviation is around +/- 5 fps or so. All with .20 BB's.

My PPK/S -->http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=166456

My AKS74u -->http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162145

Also you may or may not have seen this already but here is another top notch build to ogle and lust for: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=161639

Last edited by localfreerider; June 20th, 2015 at 21:32..
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:15   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Glad to see this finally came together and that you got it assembled without much problems. This is where it starts...
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 22:16   #3
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

16/06/13 six month update.

It is a rainy day with little to do before work, so I thought I would post a six month update and give my results and opinions on my Tokyo Marui P226.

I detest unboxing videos because its fifteen minutes of sometimes shaky footage of someone showing me something I can find out myself when I open my own box. I would much prefer the advice of someone who has lived with something for years and knows all its faults and shortcomings. That is why when I go to the hardware store and I need some help, I look for the oldest guy around.

Well, I've lived with the Tokyo Mauri P226 for a little while now and I thought I would share some of my experience with it. While shooting one day I noticed slop in the slide so I field stripped it and to my horror saw that I ether ham-fisted my installation of the locking block screw, or stress from the action striped it, ether way I had a very expensive paperweight.

With a quick run to the local hobby shop (after two big box stores) I found a tap and die small enough to suit my needs. On the sales clerk and fellow airsofters advice I switched from a 2.5mm metric to a 2.75mm, 4-40 standard screw.

It is difficult to see from my low resolution phone camera but the threading is coarser and gives much better bite into the soft aluminum frame, with a little Loctite its fixed for good.

With the locking block tightened down again I immediately shrunk my shot grouping. 30 shots (2 magazines) from 25 feet, free standing. I shot cold and didn't doctor my results. My point of aim is quite high so I cannot see what I hit, I have to muzzle over my target a bit, so hitting dimes is a challenge, but bench rested I think I would have it within a two inch group at that range. It shoots dead strait.

It's a combat pistol and not a race gun and for that role it is perfect. This one is a safe queen, I'm too rough with the equipment I field and I would hate to destroy such an expensive gun (I should have gotten at least one KJW to beat to death) I am just happy I got it back together and it is ticking away again.

The last two photos are a teaser of another build I'm currently working on.

Last edited by localfreerider; June 18th, 2015 at 07:17..
Old March 9th, 2014, 15:45   #4
localfreerider

So I was looking for something I could add to my Sig to make it more unique. I really wanted Altamont rosewood grips but I could not find any in the style I liked. What I finally chose to adorn the crown of my king of kits is three, tritium illuminated sapphire jewels.

I picked them up from airsoftparts.ca, ordering on a Friday (they processed the order and shipped that day) I received them the following Monday. Lets face it... I'm cheap (in this economy who can afford not to be) and when I factored the cost of shipping, taxes, import duties and exchange fees, not to mention the risk of dealing with shady businesses that will take your money and run, the price I paid was more than reasonable. One thing I can not say is cheap are the items stocked at airsoftparts.ca, I've bought from them on more than one occasion and they always have top quality upgrade parts or that little spring you need to get your AEG working and can have it shipped to you before the big game.

The Guns Modify tritium sighs dwarf the OEM ones in quality with an attention to detail down at the atomic level. For example, sapphire crystals cap the tritium gas filled glass lamps, that nestle ever so gently in a silicone cushion, that is in turn protected by a stainless steel cylinder and all this in a size no larger than that of a grain of rice.

With nothing to charge up, switch on or batteries to run out, they work flawlessly. The front sight is large (same size as the ones in the rear) and easy to acquire in any lighting. When it is bright they silhouette just like the factory ones but low light is where they shine (thanks captain obvious) the white rings jump out and the glowing green dot gives you assurance you know where your aiming when you can no longer see white.

While not cheap, like the Breitling watch or Bentley car you show off to your golfing mates or... in my case, hiding under my blanket in a pitch black room while looking at the dots glow, giggling to myself as I irradiate my balls. It is something you can be proud to display (the gun, not my glowing balls).

I also picked up a WE extended magazine. While not as awe inspiring it did up the capacity of BBs and gas, as well as giving a pleasant boost in FPS. Up 20fps from the E2 type Mauri ones which already had a 20fps or so boost over the original ones. I did ended up scratching the frame while fitting the new takedown lever and detent, which makes me cringe when I see it. I have airsoft that I do not mind damaging but this is not one of them.

Last edited by localfreerider; June 18th, 2015 at 07:19..
Old February 28th, 2015, 18:21   #5
Flawless

Hey. Just wondering if you guys know if the RS rosewood grips fit on the PGC kit E2 kit or do they usually need modifying.
Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 14:00   #6
localfreerider

I'm not too sure about E2 version, but I know PGC offers 3 unique shimms, one for TM original grips and the other two for Hogue brand rubber and wood grips. I don't know if Altamond grips would fit but I assume so. Expect a little bit of dremmel work to get them to fit right.

Found this if your still looking

http://www2.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main...&view_choice=a

Last edited by localfreerider; May 19th, 2015 at 13:17..
Old August 19th, 2015, 23:18   #7
Flawless

Anyone know anyone that could import a PGC kit in. My good friend can but he can only do it from ehobby. They are all sold out at the moment... Also our dollar is so bad right now I should probably wait and see if it turns around....
Flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media