Armist BB's

:

Reviews

Old March 25th, 2010, 00:32   #31
KND
* AV revoked *

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
PM sent with my shipping address & contact info...I'm all for testing these in my PTW's, GBB's & GBBR's !!!!
I'm glad that you are willing to test. I heard from Vlad that he already sent to a few bags to PTW owner in Quebec to test and told me that All of them confirm they are fit perfect and no miss feed in their PTW. I really doubt about that when it already can't do well in my crappy scar.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:23   #32
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Vlad has made himself less than popular in his local scene,
Most of the local vets, and even several of the clued-in new guys, just totally avoid that store. The way they're pushing airsoft, with big posters in the store window (right in a not-so-great part of town) and generally clueless salespeople spewing BS... he was asked by many to not do that, but he's proven time and time again he simply doesn't care about the community; we're just a potential sales demographic that can help his bottom line.
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:08   #33
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
I'm glad that you are willing to test. I heard from Vlad that he already sent to a few bags to PTW owner in Quebec to test and told me that All of them confirm they are fit perfect and no miss feed in their PTW. I really doubt about that when it already can't do well in my crappy scar.
My PTW's are very picky about what they are fed and have been on a strict diet of .28 Bastard's ever since I upgraded them with PDI inner barrels...we'll just wait & see! The real proof is in the pudding!!!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:24   #34
Drake
E-01

Could at least one of those Quebec PTW owners who received a sample from Vlad make their existence known, please?
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:36   #35
pancakedestroyer

I had a chance to run .25s and .28s through a WE Scar, KWA USP and a M9(KWA I think). Using the speed loader for the scar resulted in some chopped rounds, jamming, and double feeds to a terrible extent, the pistols worked fine but were hand loaded.
Hand loading the rounds into the scar mags seemed to work fine with no ill results.

I'm no expert by any means on anything airsoft related but something about these rounds just feels off. They seem to be of a very low quality and I'd be more inclined to pump walmart airsoft rounds through my gun before I continue using these.
pancakedestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:52   #36
venture

My wife and son were in Montreal last fall for a swim meet and bought me 8000 of them for Christmas. They were not told that these were in fact Bastards, but were told they are of similar quality for less money.

I found that the quality is good for the low price that is charged for these BB's.

When broken there is no air bubble inside. KSC PerfectBB and Elite both have bubbles.
Finish is about on par with KSC or Elite.
I did not experience any jams or other problems with 1)stock TM MP5K @ 275fps, 2)stock JG G36C @ 350fps, 3) M4 with M120 spring @ 390fps and 4)CA M4 with S120 spring @ 375fps. I used PMags, Stanag mags, King Arms MP5 mags, TM MP5 mags and all worked well with the Armist BB's.
I cannot compare to Bastards because I have never used them.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:01   #37
Conker

AFAIK Vlad has been on "vacation" for some time already.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:01   #38
Grumpy

Just to try to quell a rumour or two, Vlad has left for school/studies. He was not let go from SurplusIG for errant behavior from what Isaac has indicated. I was in Montreal last weekend and spoke at length with Isaac (the owner, and I beleive Vlad's father) to buy the silver/black Desert Eagle in THIS thread since Isaac decided to sell them for now and I also got some samples of the Armist BB's in various weights. I have to say that they work well in all my guns so far (TM G36C, TM SR-16, G&G M4 CQD, TM Aug, KSC G18C and of course the KWC DE I bought from SurplusIG). I haven't had any jams or negative issues at all that some others are experiencing and noting. I am a big fan of the BB Bastards as well and this is in no way a slight to Scarecrow, I just wanted to throw my $0.02 in for what it is worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Possibly. Issac,whom I don't know has been pretty quiet through all of this but then again, not all of us have ASC as a homepage, so I don't expect insta-participation from everyone, but my PM did go unanswered in any form, so we simply don't know his side of the story.

Problem around here is if you don't fill in the blanks, within 10 minutes there will be at least four rumors started, one involving a Thai hooker, and at least another involving your impending death. The rest are a crap shoot.

Last edited by Grumpy; March 25th, 2010 at 12:06..
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:01   #39
Amos

-nevermind lol-
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:25   #40
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Most of the local vets, and even several of the clued-in new guys, just totally avoid that store. The way they're pushing airsoft, with big posters in the store window (right in a not-so-great part of town) and generally clueless salespeople spewing BS... he was asked by many to not do that, but he's proven time and time again he simply doesn't care about the community; we're just a potential sales demographic that can help his bottom line.
+1

Main reason I wont buy these bbs? SurplusIG dont give a fuck about airsoft, its all about money.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:47   #41
Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
+1

Main reason I wont buy these bbs? SurplusIG dont give a fuck about airsoft, its all about money.
Doesn't any business stay in business to make money? They may not have an airsoft "expert" on staff, but they are offering a sevice to the community by selling airsoft products. Keep in mind that SuplusIG is a "surplus" store and these airsoft items make up only a small amount of what they sell/stock.
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:54   #42
flack

Its not about the service or the stuff they sell....

Like Drake said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The way they're pushing airsoft, with big posters in the store window (right in a not-so-great part of town) and generally clueless salespeople spewing BS... he was asked by many to not do that, but he's proven time and time again he simply doesn't care about the community
and dont start me on airsoft guns sold to minors
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:59   #43
Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
and dont start me on airsoft guns sold to minors
Not trying to get you "started", but was there any proof of the alleged incident? I asked Isaac about it and he assured me that Vlad did not sell to minors.
Old March 25th, 2010, 13:24   #44
flack

It was not vlad if I'm not mistaken. I have my own proof.

They think they dont sell to minors because they only ask "are you 18?" and dont ask for ID cards... well, that's how they did a couple months ago....
Old March 25th, 2010, 13:49   #45
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I think I've disclosed my concerns and I am not addressing comparisons of product. I generally don't do that in any circumstances, I let users determine that individually. I think I've been clear this is a business problem that relates to how they have been presented. Hopefully with this thread, that is now in the light and my concerns have been put out there as well. I would like to see the label change, particularly the "double polish" reference, and for Armist to develop its own marketing direction and not plagerizing mine.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews