Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Small connectors - Calling all RC Type Peeps

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 1st, 2010, 08:18   #1
venture

Small connectors - Calling all RC Type Peeps

When I wire a front wired M4/M16 AEG I find myself wanting a small yet efficient connector to connect/disconnect the front wires from the motor wiring in order to remove the mechbox completely from the upper/frontend assembly.

These connectors would need to carry the current needed to run any aeg. For example a Systema Magnum motor running an M150 spring. The connectors would also have to be small enough to fit through the "wire guide" of a Delta Ring/Frontend assembly. At least one side would have to be small enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions for such a connector?

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:01   #2
13Fido13

Use your wires individually with separate connectors for the both of them. Just make sure you use the same colours throughout so there are no polarity issues. Make sure you also insulate them very well.

Nothing says you need to use a double connector block when installing connectors into your rifle (or anything else for that matter).

There are also micro deans plugs. But I'm not sure of their current carrying ability or their size.

Level 2 BA Certified
13Fido13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:03   #3
Chingyul

What about bullet connectors? Just space the two out at different lengths so they can't short out.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:04   #4
VooDooPeteK

you can use small insulated crimp on quick disconnects on the wires so that it will fit through the delta ring hole.... Then on the other side (in the hand guard section) do the same thing and wire whatever battery connector you need on

VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:10   #5
ts10z

I recently had this exact discussion with a guy in Edmonton that plays and also works ata a hobby shop. He said blade connectors like the one above are a bad idea(very low current flow comparitavely). His recommendations were either bullet connectors with shrink wrap over them to prevent shorts, or Deans micro plugs like this http://www.wsdeans.com/products/plugs/micro_plug.html

I went with the micro plug, havent finished it so I cant give you a review, but according to him it can pass almost as much current as a regular deans.
ts10z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:13   #6
coach
aka coachster

the small bullet connectors (gold) fit better than the spade connectors. spade connectors (especially the automotive type) will be tough to pass through when you factor in some type of shielding and in general crimped connectors are horrible! solder is the way to go!

I'm using bullet connectors to pass wires through for my Ultimate Tracer unit. Stagger the connectors so that they don't sit side by side. use opposite connectors so that you can't plug a battery in backwards. the rubber covers will still fit through the delta ring/receiver. I've even used heat shrink under them and they still fit.

edit: these 4mm bullets will work but no rubber covers. use heat shrink.

http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/pro...products_id=65

Last edited by coach; July 1st, 2010 at 12:15..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:42   #7
Kos-Mos

+1 Bullet plugs.

That is what is used in RC for 500W+ motor setups...

A set of 4mm covered in heat shrink will be prefect.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 13:34   #8
venture

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I have a new way to wire M4's now. Bullet connectors are what I will try.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner