Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Madbull Steel Bull Inner Barrel

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 13th, 2014, 03:36   #1
Fenrir92

Madbull Steel Bull Inner Barrel

I am interested in getting Madbull's Steel Bull inner barrels (not the black pythons ones). However, these barrels are relatively new and I haven't found many reviews about them.

For those who have one, what are your thoughts? How do they compare with Prometheus inner barrels? I'm guessing Prometheus barrels are better but if the madbull ones are similar in performance and at half the price, I would definitely get the madbull ones.
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 13:01   #2
KenTsui

From what I've read and see in pictures, the inside finish is lacking. Not sure what the tolerance is like but for that price, what do you expect?
KenTsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 13:41   #3
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

not sure if they will do an aeg cut, but EdGi does make a thicker wall barrel for VSR10's im sure if u contact him he can let u.know if he can cut you one
tho with most aeg's the inner isnt too loose in the outer, you could likely just use tape to stabelize it in the outer for the same effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 14:04   #4
KenTsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
not sure if they will do an aeg cut, but EdGi does make a thicker wall barrel for VSR10's im sure if u contact him he can let u.know if he can cut you one
tho with most aeg's the inner isnt too loose in the outer, you could likely just use tape to stabelize it in the outer for the same effect
Not sure how this came up, but barrel stabilization does not have the same effect as quality inside finish.
Old July 14th, 2014, 14:35   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

because the EdGi one is also stainless, and is finnished well. plus it is also thicker (not at the hop unit or tip but along the rest of the length) so it will provide more stability to the barrel (ie it wont vibrate as much messing with accuracy or consistantcy then i got to thinking that in an aeg stablizing wouldnt be too hard so.i though i throw that in
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 16:26   #6
Kilohotel

From what I've heard, Madbull's TBBs aren't quite up to par with PDI and Prommy
Kilohotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 16:38   #7
Fenrir92

I believe that is the case, however I am wondering how much better are PDI and prommy barrels with respect to their price. In other words, are PDI and prommy barrels worth it?

I know it's difficult to determine this performance per dollar ratio so anyone's personal experience is the best alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilohotel View Post
From what I've heard, Madbull's TBBs aren't quite up to par with PDI and Prommy
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 17:21   #8
KenTsui

I use PDI and Prommy in my guns. I've been slowly grading them from the Madbull Pythons. Prommy's are a decent quality stainless steel barrel. From what I've read, the inside surfaces can be improved on, but it is probably the cheapest quality stainless barrel out there.

http://www.madbullairsoft.com/images...l%20Report.pdf

According to this report, Prometheus barrels have the best bore diameter consistency. The report is old now and it's in a different language. From experience, PDI has a pretty good inner finish. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either of the brands.

I'm trending towards PDI since it's recommended by Hunterseeker5 for R-Hop installs.

Edit: If you want perfection, you can buy bore lapping kits to potentially work surfaces to a mirror finish. Of course this drives cost up and it takes a long *** time with a steel barrel. Bang per buck, I still think Madbulls are good, but there's no telling what happens when their coating wears off. That's why I've opted for stainless steel.

Last edited by KenTsui; July 14th, 2014 at 18:06..
KenTsui is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications