:

General

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2010, 16:50   #1
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Situation regarding Thenooblord

Before I get this thread going I just want to make one thing perfectly clear:
THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR THE CIVIL AND MATURE WITH DIPLOMATIC DISCUSSIONS. IN MIND. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SAY NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND ONLY WANT TO TALK SHIT LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD HIT YOUR BACK BUTTON NOW.

I have been given the green light by several Staff here (namely Drake and ILLusion) to make this thread, so I just wanted to make that clear before people think Im just jumping the gun and creating this to be vindictive or attacking TNL.

As some people in the GTA know Thenooblord was given an "unofficial" ban on events hosted through ASC. This was as a result of actions committed by TNL at a game hosted at Defcon Paintball Outdoor Field. I was not there to witness the event in question, and have heard many stories about what he did. I personally cannot confirm these first-hand but they come from people who would not lie.

It is my understanding that TNL decided it would be a good idea to hop on his bike with a shemagh on his face and an AK in his hand, and went around the public parking lot/driving area of the property where Defcon is yelling "ALLAHU AKHBAR!" repeatedly, and there were also reports of him taking aim and shooting at vehicles near him. If any of this is untrue then I will correct my statement.

Nevertheless, the local airsoft contingents more respected and experienced individuals felt necessary actions be taken to discipline and reprimand him. This was spearheaded by a local AV'er (if he would like to be named I will do so only with his permission) who suggest he have his AV status revoked. It was discussed among Staff that real-world actions should not be policed here (which is in contravention to what Ive been told by other staff but this further leads me to believe that Staff in question was merely on a power trip). It was decided a 6 month ban from ASC Events be the appropriate measure to be taken. This was to last until this coming April.

Over the past couple months it has been obvious that TNL has chosen to disobey the ban and has been attending games. I have brought it up to one of the persons whos team hosted some of those games and his response was "Well he hasn't done anything at our games to turn him away, but hes starting to get on our nerves and close to banning him from our games." (again I will not name the individual quoted without his permission).

Recently there was a thread created in the Ontario Events section for a game to be organized at Solider Of Fortune field by the user WMK. TNL expressed interest in attending this event. A user decided to say "Isn't a certain someone supposed to be banned from games?" to which TNLs response was "That was by Brian M and the mindless drones of ASC who follow his word like a prophet. I have been attending games weekly."

I also chimed in and stated theres a reason people listen to what Brian M has to say and his refusing to honor his ban by attending games bragging that hes been going to games all winter is akin to minors bragging how they have full-black airsoft guns, smuggling etc... all of which is very much against what ASC stands for.

I decided to message Drake & ILLusion after being referred to them by TokyoSeven asking about making this thread because this is something that needs to be brought into the public light. Again this is merely a discussion about this situation, and if it turn into a shit-flinging fest a la National Geographic then the Admins will deal with them as harsh as need be.

I would like all parties involved to come here and state their case about this situation, since having/not having TNL attend our games concerns all of the GTA contingent, especially when he acts in ways that cross the lines of common sense, logic and even legal implications. All of which affects us all. I would like TNL to come here and state his case as to why he feels he should not honor the ban, the AV'er who instigated the ban as to why he felt that was necessary, and the game hosts who felt that he should be allowed to play despite a ban on him. Anyone else who has something CONSTRUCTIVE to add by all means please do so. Especially people from other communities who have had similar situations happen, how they were dealt with and what the outcome of it all was.

Im gonna say my bit as a member of the GTA player community. When I learned of his actions I felt right away that I do NOT want to be associated with someone who acts the way he does. Schwag had also made it known that the TWATs will honor this ban despite us being known as the blacksheep of ASC, because we still wanted to be a part of the ASC community and we respected the wishes and helped keep the ban active from our side. Personally I have had intentions on showing up to some games the last couple months but decided to pull out or just not attend on account of TNL being there. I decided to mention the reason why in a "tongue-in-cheek" fashion and not outright stating why, which I now regret.

I have since told many people that I refuse to be at any event TNL is at in person, but decided to leave my thoughts off the board as it only added to the drama but enough is enough. I personally feel that with the attitude displayed by TNL, be it online as well as in person, he is simply not mature or responsible enough to be trusted with airsoft guns (lets not forget he decided to take a 1911 GBB to a house party where one of his friends stole it) and should not be allowed to participate in ASC sanctioned events. My opinion is that his AV status should be revoked and that ALL hosts in the GTA should honor a ban on him attending any and all events associated with airsoft. I would even go as far as saying he should voluntarily sell off his airsoft guns before he becomes an even bigger detriment to us, our sport and even himself.

Now Im gonna open up the floor to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.

Last edited by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw; February 13th, 2010 at 17:29..
Old February 13th, 2010, 16:57   #2
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Okie dokei, guess I have to step in already
"It is my understanding that TNL decided it would be a good idea to hop on his bike with a shemagh on his face and an AK in his hand, and went around the public parking lot/driving area of the property where Defcon is yelling "ALLAHU AKHBAR!" repeatedly, and there were also reports of him taking aim and shooting at vehicles near him. If any of this is untrue then I will correct my statement."

I have heard alot of renditions of what happened, mostly grossly exaggerated, so let me lay it out.
Me and Kingsix were sitting at one of the benches, bored, everybody else, including staff were on field, and I grabbed his broken AK, jumped on his bike and said "ARGH! Rise of the bicycle infantry!" and Able1 called mags out to me from the field, I apologised, removed the mag, and that was it... doesn't really sound so heinous to me., STUPID? you bet, would I do it again? no, but a safety hazard? not at all. I truly believe the broken telephone here is breaking my ass, because each time somebody new tell this story, it gets more and more twisted and exaggerated, if you want to know, ask kingsix or somebody else who was ACTUALLY THERE.

The comment I made against Brian M, I'd take back if I could, but let me explain my rationale: going by the description of events you posted, many of the claims are indeed false, so by this, I say that heresay cannot be used as means to produce a decision, even coming form Brian M, because any details HE received were second or third hand, because he was not there.

the rest I cannot refute, because, I concede, I act like a dumbass on the forums, and I am quite irritating, and the 1911, at the party? no excuse, that was just pure stupid, he kept asking me to show him and I finally caved...

but you say that I am immature, I can be mature when I need to be, Immature when I want to be, but I would never do anything that would endanger other people. what i did was by technical standpoint, unsafe, but in practicality? no

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; February 13th, 2010 at 17:17..
Old February 13th, 2010, 17:21   #3
Disco_Dante

You might want to address the fact that you brought airsoft replicas out into the public twice. That's the big sin on ASC, no airsoft in the public's eye.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Old February 13th, 2010, 17:23   #4
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
You might want to address the fact that you brought airsoft replicas out into the public twice. That's the big sin on ASC, no airsoft in the public's eye.
public? when?

I dont really think a paintball field and a *former* friend's basement qualify as public

Words to live by
Quote:

Last edited by Thenooblord; February 13th, 2010 at 17:26..
Old February 13th, 2010, 17:28   #5
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
It is my understanding that TNL decided it would be a good idea to hop on his bike with a shemagh on his face and an AK in his hand, and went around the public parking lot/driving area of the property where Defcon is yelling "ALLAHU AKHBAR!" repeatedly, and there were also reports of him taking aim and shooting at vehicles near him. If any of this is untrue then I will correct my statement.

He never left the safe zone, he did however leave the safezone with the bike but that was to go to the washroom. The only thing Nooblord did wrong was to leave mag in which he was told by able1 to to take the mag out. I don't know know where the ideal of him riding around the parking lot with an ak came from. If Nooblord had an airsoft gun in public view in the safe zone and people are going on a witch hunt than everyone that has gone to defcon outdoor should receive a similar ban. I was there with him we where renting our aegs, gbb out.
Nooblord never left the safe zone with the AK I don't know how the rumor happened I am guessing it's like the broken telephone effect. He never shoot at any vehicles in the parking lot the AK in question had a dead battery I can call up kool-aid man who rented my AK that night to testify the AK had a dead battery and I had to give him my AKS-47

Last edited by Kingsix; February 13th, 2010 at 17:46..
Old February 13th, 2010, 17:49   #6
Thenooblord

Also another tidbit... the guys from ECO were at the game, and I'm damn sure that If i was running around shooting cars when they were there... I would NOT have anybody that would let me be, but I am not so stupid as to do that, and it would be quite difficult to shoot cars with a nonfunctioning weapon

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:03   #7
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

My main gripe with all this stories is the attitude of TNL. Discrediting the game organisers and ASC staff and ignoring Bans.

The whole thing of admitting to be immature and stupid does not help either. You are either mature or you are not, you can't choose whenever it suit your impulsions.

If a Ban from game was administered, it must be enforced and respected. If people don't have balls to enforce it at game, maybe they should leave the game organisation to more able people. I'm not passing judgment on current game organisers, I'm just ratling their bag a little.

If TNL has a problem with his Ban, he should apeal to the right people, not disrespect it and do has he please. He live in a society with rules. If he can't go by the rules, maybe he need some education.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:08   #8
arrow

I was there, on the field, taking a photo with all the other airsofters, while we were taking the photo, I noticed that TNL was riding around - in the safe area mind you - with a AK - mag in - on his bike, screaming something. Myself and one other Eco member promply told him to stop what he was doing, remove the mag, and put down the gun. He complied, and shortly after, he came on the field, while all of the airsofters were taking a photo (Eco, CORE, Pacific Recon, etc.) were taking a Photo with masks off, mags out, close to the entrance to the field. Note that there were more than 30 of us, when he came on the field with his mask on and started firing his gun near us. This happened within a timeframe of 2 minutes.
Email/msn - parttimekillers@live.com
Home field - www.defconpaintball.ca
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:08   #9
Thenooblord

the ban is not imposed on ME, it is imposed on the the hosts not to allow me to play, I know I'm shooting myself in the foot here, but a host has been very accomodating and accepting, and seeing as he ATTENDED THE EVENT WHERE THIS HAPPENED and still saw it fit to let me play a few games, I suggest that some of the people that are making decisions off of second hand information should review

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:09   #10
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

The question is do staff have the right to ban him from games? I don't think so. We as a community should communicate with each other about problems, but should it not be up to individual host to decide who to allow at their games? ASC has no right to decide who to allow to play at games across the country. Now they do have the right to pull AV if they do not want someone to have access to certain sections on the site.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:11   #11
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
he came on the field, while all of the airsofters were taking a photo (Eco, CORE, Pacific Recon, etc.) were taking a Photo with masks off, mags out, close to the entrance to the field. Note that there were more than 30 of us, when he came on the field with his mask on and started firing his gun near us. This happened within a timeframe of 2 minutes.
funny, I missed that part I guess, since I didnt have a gun, I had rented it out to somebody.... odd, especially since I am in the picture, and that was on a different day...
somebody PLEASE explain to me how this all gets so convoluded?

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:12   #12
Drake
E-01

Just to clarify that right now: this has nothing to do with ASC or its staff.

What's being discussed is a ban imposed by the Ontario Game Organizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notom View Post
The question is do staff have the right to ban him from games? I don't think so. We as a community should communicate with each other about problems, but should it not be up to individual host to decide who to allow at their games? ASC has no right to decide who to allow to play at games across the country. Now they do have the right to pull AV if they do not want someone to have access to certain sections on the site.

Last edited by Drake; February 13th, 2010 at 18:15..
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:15   #13
Thenooblord

well, I don't really have anything else to say, but I'll poke back in here to make sure there aren't any more "embellished" stories about my actions and the events on the night.

Words to live by
Quote:
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:15   #14
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

It's not about ASC staff, it's about the comunity concensus to Ban TNL.

The comunity is comprised of everyone playing airsoft in Canada. The one that enforce it are the game hosts and organisers. ASC Staff are just facilitators.
That's how I see it and I assume most people see it this way.

If TNL is a dangerous, anoying missfit, and people are not confortable playing with him around, then that's enough for a Ban IMO.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old February 13th, 2010, 18:17   #15
Thenooblord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
It's not about ASC staff, it's about the comunity concensus to Ban TNL.

The comunity is comprised of everyone playing airsoft in Canada. The one that enforce it are the game hosts and organisers. ASC Staff are just facilitators.
That's how I see it and I assume most people see it this way.

If TNL is a dangerous, anoying missfit, and people are not confortable playing with him around, then that's enough for a Ban IMO.
now, PROVE that I am a danger, that is what this thread is for.
not with "he said you did this" I want somebody who was actually there to show me that something I did was a hazard to everybody around me

Words to live by
Quote:
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General