Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hk416 .. Which one to buy ?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 7th, 2013, 13:23   #31
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

WE has the over all better performance than VFC, VFC has a much more authentic external than WE, get the VFC if you don't intend to game it, verse vice.
Old July 7th, 2013, 14:02   #32
Jeremynep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
WE has the over all better performance than VFC, VFC has a much more authentic external than WE, get the VFC if you don't intend to game it, verse vice.
Haha don't intend to game it. That's a good one. I really don't care about having authentic trades on my gun, as long as she shoots consistent and is reliable that's all I need. As far as upgrades go safe to assume the WE has a greater selection?
Jeremynep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 14:26   #33
JerryMcGoulBerry

My Dboys experience with the 416 was pretty bad. I bought the gun, and 350$ worth of Prometheus and Lonex internals. When I got all my parts together, I noticed a terrible crack along lower receiver where the buffer tube goes. A week point. As soon as it takes some damage, it's done.
When I bought a used G&G to replace it, I had a pretty positive experience. But I wouldn't have gotten it if I hadn't gotten for so cheap.
I would go with VFC. I don't think you'll regret it in any way. It's an all around solid gun.
Old July 7th, 2013, 18:46   #34
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
Remember we're talking VFC hk416 AEG vs WE hk416 GBBR here. This essentially boils down to AEG vs GBBR. Comparing the two's performance is like comparing the tastiness of an apple to an orange. It can be done, but at the end of the day, it boils down to personal preference.

The big things to take into account are:

--- Maintenance
GBBRs are easy to break down but require lots of maintenance.
AEG require very little maintenance(for the most part none), but when they do, are much more complex to open up and fix.

If you dont like to maintain your gun often, dont get the GBBR, or you'll run into a lot of headaches. AEGs are relatively maintenance free and if anything goes wrong, you can always bring it to a gun doc

Also note that WE gbbbrs are prone to nozzle breaks and occasionally get leaky mags that you will have to also maintain. In general, GBBRs have a higher chance problems than AEGs. Especially when you're talking VFC hk416 aeg vs WE hk416 GBBR. Also note that GBBR owners should have a better knowledge of their own guns and how it works than an AEG owner does.

--- Ballistics
GBBRs in general have more range (not necessarily more accuracy).
AEGs in general have much more sustained firepower due to their allowance of higher capacity magazines, and do not suffer from cool down like GBBRs do.

--- Against the elements
GBBRs will work anywhere except in the cold. GBBRs are affected by temperature. Performance will dramatically decrease when it starts getting cold. THey may work, but not well.
AEGs in general are considered all weather. Even rain as long as you dont submerge your AEG in water. Just remember to dry ur gun off after play. You dont want any rust build up.

--- Magazines
GBBR mags are MUCH more expensive and heavy than AEG mags.
Also, GBBR mags will require more maintenance than AEG mags. (WE GBBR m4 V2 mags however are considered pretty lower maintenance due to a better design resulting in less leaks). AEG mags in general are very simplistic and require minimal maintenance.
Reminder: GBBR mags are low capacity(30). AEG mags can be low(~30), mid(~120), or high (~300+) capacity. If you get a GBBR, you'll end up carrying MUCH mag more to compensate for the lower capacity per mags which are already much more heavy.

--- Realism
In the case of VFC hk416 aeg vs WE HK416 gbbr, VFC HK416 aeg will look nicer, but simply cant replicate the realistic feeling of shooting a GBBR. It goes down to recoil when shooting, the mechanical trigger, a nice loud shooting sound (no motor whining), bolt locking back and releasing it once a fresh mag is inserted.
Also, ar15 style GBBRs in general are compatible for the most part with real steal firearms accessories such as stocks, grips, buffer tubes, mag releases, charging handle, etc.

--- MISC
- GBBRs usually have an after market part called an NPAS. It usually is required to adjust your velocity thus allowing you to use ur gbbr for both CQB and larger Outdoor fields.
- AEGs are quieter than loud GBBRs. Whining motor is much quieter than rapidly expanding gas colliding with the air.
- GBBRs have recoil and can ruin cheap clone sights where as AEGs dont. This restricts your choice of optics if u get a GBBR.

--- Conclusion.
When it comes to pure performance and ease of use, AEGs will come out on top. The ability to use mid and high caps and the rsulting firepower simply dwarf the GBBR's further range. Does this mean that you cant do well with a GBBR? Nope. It just means that using a GBBR requires more skill to do well.
GBBRs are much more expensive and care intensive to run. Not only are mags expensive, but in order to compensate for lwoer round count, you carry more and the amount of money put into them snow balls.

I think i may have missed a few things here n there. But the thing here to highlight is that not one is better than the other. The VFC hk416 aeg and the WE hk416 GBBR are both good at what they do. They just do different things.

edit: crap....im an idiot. You meant vfc hk416 gbbr....not aeg :banghead:

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; July 7th, 2013 at 19:32..
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 19:01   #35
Jeremynep

Good write up angel. I was actually expanding on the original post, the original poster was interested in aeg's I believe, I already have a solid aeg and have narrowed my next gun down to the WE or VFC 416 GBBR'S. I know both are solid platforms, I was just seein if anyone has hands on in either brand to aid my decision. So far I'm leaning to WE, seems more upgradeable and has a lil more credibility with the players in my area. But any info to help with the decision is gladly accepted, as im sure you know entering the gbbr world isn't a cheap ordeal. Gun, sufficient mags, usual upgrades (npas, barrel, trigger parts... ect) would hate to go down the wrong road so to speak haha.
Jeremynep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 19:36   #36
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremynep View Post
Good write up angel. I was actually expanding on the original post, the original poster was interested in aeg's I believe, I already have a solid aeg and have narrowed my next gun down to the WE or VFC 416 GBBR'S. I know both are solid platforms, I was just seein if anyone has hands on in either brand to aid my decision. So far I'm leaning to WE, seems more upgradeable and has a lil more credibility with the players in my area. But any info to help with the decision is gladly accepted, as im sure you know entering the gbbr world isn't a cheap ordeal. Gun, sufficient mags, usual upgrades (npas, barrel, trigger parts... ect) would hate to go down the wrong road so to speak haha.
Oh! And take note that there are some we hk416 Lower receivers with trades floating around. They arent common, but they arent rare either. I think there is one up in the BST right now. (only for AV'd members of course)
If you're thinking of VFC vs WE gbbrs, i would definitely go with WE. Not sure if they sorted it out, but i heard the VFC gbbrs had a lot of problems early on.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 19:39   #37
Nickaayyy

Have a WE HK416 (but upgraded with Ra-tech) ans works fine. My cousin have the WE M4 and work very well, no complaints about it (It's the same mechanic than the HK416, well looks like XD)
Old July 7th, 2013, 21:22   #38
jomor

WE

I have owned the WE 416. It is a great GBBR but the stock sucked. I know it may be a miner issue but I hate that plain le stock. Getting a HK stock was $200. so no go for me. The only stock authentic Hlooking club foot stock I could find was the JG plastic garbage one.
So the VFC is definately the better looking gun in my oppinion and ends up being cheaper in the long run. The mags are alot more money and the seals and lubricating are a pain in the butt!! Just my two cents worth.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 23:46   #39
TheOneCarlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
I have seen in person / gamed all of the following HK416s. (I haven't seen the TM HK416 but I shot the TM M4 SOPMOD which uses the same system).

Out of G&G, TM, VFC, SRC, the internals and parts of the SRC is the best.

If you want the best durability and performance, go for the SRC HK416 Gen III Pro (I know it sucks that the markings are IN-correct though).

VFC on the other hand is the best in terms of externals, trades, finish, and their bodies are ROCK solid.

TM 's 416 is great because it has the shoot and recoil engine (awesomeness) but they are very difficult to find here, and expensive, and only 300fps.

G&G's 416 isn't really a HK416, and they are overpriced in my opinion.

[size=4]Bottom line is: If I wanted a HK416 for myself, I would get the VFC, and put in SRC guts to make it bullet proof inside and out.[size]

Note: none of these are really around the $400 CAD price range unless you go for used.... sorry bud.

Ken
What do you think about the JG 416 full metal?
TheOneCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:38   #40
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneCarlisle View Post
What do you think about the JG 416 full metal?
Agsin for the money the JG is decent but there are far better quality and more accurate (closer to the RS) replicas that can be had for not much more money. Like the VFC/umarex.
Most "old timers" (sry Ken) wont even mention brands like cyma, dboys, JG and the like cause they are "cheap china clones" they/we have learned to buy good and buy once.
Dont get me wrong i own some cyma and JG/echo1 guns but the fit n finnish is fsr better on TM and other "high end" guns. The internals and externals and general fit n finnish tends to be hit or miss with the cheaper brands. If you go to a walk in store and can check out the gun first hand. (ie handel it give it a good once over and shoot it to hear how it sounds and check that the sights arent twisted and stuff then they can be sometimes worth it. Or if your looking for a metal body to gut and build something special out of like my mp5 i just built then also worth it. 200 bucks on a gun and 150 bucks on parts and i have a gun better then the 400 doller mp5's that are around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; July 26th, 2013 at 01:47..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:40   #41
TheOneCarlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Agsin for the money the JG is decent but there are far better quality and more accurate (closer to the RS) replicas that can be had for not much more money. Like the VFC/umarex.
Most "old timers" (sry Ken) wont even mention brands like cyma, dboys, JG and the like cause they are "cheap china clones" they/we have learned to buy good and buy once.
Dont get me wrong i own some cyma and JG/echo1 guns but the fit n finnish is fsr better on TM and other "high end" guns. The internals and externals and general fit n finnish tends to be hit or miss with the cheaper brands. If you go to a walk in store and can check out the gun first hand. (ie handel it give it a good once over and shoot it to hear how it sounds and check that the sights arent twisted and stuff then they can be sometimes worth it. Or if your looking for a metal body to gut and build something special out of like my mp5 i just built then also worth it. 200 bucks on a gun and 150 bucks on parts and i have a gun better then the 400 doller mp5's that are around.
Nice, thanks for the input. Think I'll just save and get that umerex then, I want a 417 also.
TheOneCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:08   #42
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Their 417 is also nice. Especially if you can find one of the "limited eddition"
Ones they put out a while back. A guy i know has one and its a beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:51   #43
ccyg8774

I have a DBOY HK416, probably cheapest metal HK 416 in the market.
Internals are cheap - of course they are. Gave it a good cleaning, shimming and regreasing, replaced some internals. The gearbox shell is actually better than I expected.
Magazine compatibility issue - NOT solved by filing the loading nozzle of the hop-up chamber.
Stock is not the HK416 stock - got a cheap HK416 stock by JG.
Overall, not to bad, since I like the process of working on a gun.

Last edited by ccyg8774; May 29th, 2015 at 14:47..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:08   #44
mareak

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up this old post. Was searching in the internet about my VFC HK416D GBBR. Being new in this airsoft sports I would to know more about it durability. Was reading the previous posts and notice that this rifle can be played in rainy days or near water. As long as you clean and oil the rifle after each game it should be okay right? Rust and corrosion will not take effect.
mareak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion