Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Marusin Kar98 and Waffen SS Unforms/Gear

:

WW1, WW2

Old February 17th, 2007, 00:10   #46
syne

Send a message via MSN to syne
.......Yeah.
Being an unbiased observer and having read the entire thread I'd just like to point out that it's you who have been arguing, not the other 'camp' so to speak.
I probably shouldn't have butted in, but I thought that was worth your attention.

Getting back to the thread at hand, forgive my ignorance but where does one usually find such nice bits of WWI/II gear?
Swap meets? Chance meetings? Or are Surplus stores really just that much better elsewhere in Canada?

For two weeks last summer I had the privilege of joining a mass re-enactment of some of WWI's most terrifying battles for a CBC project.

I had a chance to meet the few German re-enactors and I was greatly impressed by their knowledge of history, their enthusiasm, their good nature and of course, the gear!

I would love to put together a late WWI kit over the next few years as well as a few allied kits, so a nudge in the right direction would be excellent (or maybe bad, considering the cost. We'll see )
syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 00:57   #47
Pvt. Ivan

Send a message via MSN to Pvt. Ivan
internet

If I had a face like you, I'd join the British Army.
Pvt. Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:29   #48
Cyrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by syne View Post
.......Yeah.
Being an unbiased observer and having read the entire thread I'd just like to point out that it's you who have been arguing, not the other 'camp' so to speak.
I probably shouldn't have butted in, but I thought that was worth your attention.

Getting back to the thread at hand, forgive my ignorance but where does one usually find such nice bits of WWI/II gear?
Swap meets? Chance meetings? Or are Surplus stores really just that much better elsewhere in Canada?

For two weeks last summer I had the privilege of joining a mass re-enactment of some of WWI's most terrifying battles for a CBC project.

I had a chance to meet the few German re-enactors and I was greatly impressed by their knowledge of history, their enthusiasm, their good nature and of course, the gear!

I would love to put together a late WWI kit over the next few years as well as a few allied kits, so a nudge in the right direction would be excellent (or maybe bad, considering the cost. We'll see )
............................................................ I know....
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:42   #49
Oberst39

The reproductions listed in my original post were purchased from various sellers on the net. I only try to purchase the most high quality reproductions I can find and usually undertake considerable research on the production and assembly of these reproductions as I want to recreate my kit as close to possible to the original. The original pieces in my kit, I puchased either through ebay, surplus stores, swap meets etc. It has taken me approximately 2 years to put the kit together as you see it in the pics. For those of you putting together kit, I would suggest that you stay away from the cheap Chinese imiatations, the only exception being Keith at www.ww2militaria-kcs.com. His reproductions are of superior construction and as close to detail as you can get. The most notible sites in my opinion is "Lost Battalions" and "Military Tour". Again these are my opinions only. Again thanks to all those that appreciate a good impression.

Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 06:58   #50
QuiN

Nice loadout, but imho it still looks too new, like (don't get me wrong) a showcase soldier.
QuiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:28   #51
Donster

my grandfather has an iron cross second class. i also have in my family a german combat knife with the swastika still on it, a fully functioning luger and a german helmet.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 23:06   #52
Krieg

Send a message via MSN to Krieg
Hang on to those items! Trust me.

Years from now you will be thankful

**Nice sig, good song

Ontario Airsoft WW2 Reenactors
Quote:
Originally Posted by János Hunyadi
To withdraw is impossible, to surrender is unthinkable. Let us fight bravely and honour our arms!- 1444 Battle of Varna

Last edited by Krieg; August 6th, 2007 at 23:08..
Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:48   #53
Don.McClain

Now, I know that i just kinda revived a dead thread, but i was curious if, when you aren't playing Waffen SS, if you turn yourself into a kind of resistance fighter thing, as in the french, polish, german resistance? It should in theory not be to difficult to do since you have the guns for it.
Don.McClain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:36   #54
volteco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax View Post
Cool... I may be wrong in hating the Germans of that Era, but I don't see how people could have stood idly by while a whole race of people were almost whiped off the face of the Earth. Never-the-less the Nazi's and what they did where horrible. What I said about the German people who stood by and watched could never be compared to the atrocities of the German's. My statements weren't hate, the Nazi's were hate.
Totally agree! I wish people who praise 'everything nazis' could be put in place of those civilians who suffered from them.

Last edited by volteco; April 18th, 2013 at 10:22..
volteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:03   #55
5kull

My grand father, father and uncle served in WW1 and WW2 in the Canadian army. Someone elses family shot at them and were as courageous as they were. At most I honor the hardship and courage of the individual persons who had to endure very hard times. Now back to playing war

The aim of creating a WW2 kit (or any kit) is not a political one, we are like actors with no political association. I have a WW2 101st airborne kit and a Fallschirmjager kit, am I good then bad, no just having a good time on the field

Very nice kit! My only suggestion is to lower the helmet on your head. You should not have more then the width of a finger between your eyebrows and your helmet band. Just untie the center cap and retie a little bit looser and the helmet will come down and do a better job of protecting you. It will also give you a more martial look

Last edited by 5kull; April 18th, 2013 at 12:07..
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 15:34   #56
Karsten Heidt

Regarding the "Herr" thing. There was precisely nothing preventing an SS soldier from using "Herr ____" in private life. However, the SS as a consciously classless organization rejected referring to other SS soldiers while on duty by "Herr" followed by their rank, as practiced in the other services. It was considered a regressive remnant of the Prussian aristocracy. This was part of their mission to eliminate class distinctions and divisions between officers and men. So, you would not address your officer as "Herr Untersturmführer", just "Untersturmführer". The SS aggressively corrected members of other branches who mistakenly "Herr"ed them, as confirmed in many memoirs and first-person accounts. Hope that clarifies things.

And, in case anyone feels like dredging up the "other" part of this thread...yes, we know Fascism is bad. We are reenactors keeping alive the memory of an important period in history, without active or implied ideological support for the regimes of the period, nor apologies for their excesses. All serious reenacting organizations have an inflexible zero tolerance rule for extremist or hateful acts or beliefs from their members and prospective members. Our interest is in uniforms and history, not nutbar politics or revisionism. So, no need to get excitable.

Join Us
Karsten Heidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 16:02   #57
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsten Heidt View Post
Our interest is in uniforms and history, not.........revisionism.
Speak for yourself, without 'revisionism' there is stagnation in the historical record.

Take for example the French expedition to climb Annapurna in 1950. The leader, Maurice Herzog, made the other climbers sign a document that forbade them to write about the expedition for five years. So, for a period of time there was one version of the story for public consumption. When the others finally wrote their books, the extra details and different perspectives altered the 'official' story so as to make it almost unrecognizable. Would any sane person label the other climbers by a moniker to discredit them......no, why would they? So, why do it in this context?

As a famous person once said (can't remember who), ''History is just an agree upon set of lies''. If a writer or historian wants to swim against the current of 'conventional truth' why is it attacked. Go to any decent used book shop and buy a dozen books on the Kennedy assassination. You'll get twelve different 'revisions' of the official Warren Commission conclusions. Should those authors be labelled with a derisive name too?

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 16:11   #58
Krieg

Send a message via MSN to Krieg
I suggest, insist rather, who is interested in participating on the subject of the Waffen-SS to look at and read the book 'Wenn Alle Brüder Schweigen'.

Ontario Airsoft WW2 Reenactors
Quote:
Originally Posted by János Hunyadi
To withdraw is impossible, to surrender is unthinkable. Let us fight bravely and honour our arms!- 1444 Battle of Varna
Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 16:26   #59
Karsten Heidt

Dude. I don't think anyone who knows me has every accused me of having conventional, stereotyped views about the war. When I say "revisionism" I mean the really egregious stuff like Holocaust Denial, not admitting that German soldiers were human beings :/

Anyway, let's try not to derail the useful portions of this thread.

Join Us
Karsten Heidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 22:02   #60
Drunk_Albertan

Wow, 6 year old thread still causing a shit storm.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2