Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wiring Issues?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 5th, 2016, 17:54   #1
HardAntics

Wiring Issues?

Could this be enough wear on the wire to cause issues? Yesterday at CTF my gun would stop firing, as if the battery died. So I would change batteries and the gun would fire for a bit and then die again. The gun would seem to fire again whenever I switched batteries.. I was told it could be an issue with the wires or mosfet. (Both sets of batteries had a full charge) I've done an inspection and can't seem to find anything other than that but that doesn't seem to be enough damage to be causing what's happening. The gun is the G&G CM16 SRL. Anyone have similar issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14212556_10157431674800574_3906858988727915769_n.jpg (44.0 KB, 30 views)
HardAntics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2016, 19:03   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not enough information. What motor, what gearset, what type of battery chemistry, mah and voltage?
Old September 5th, 2016, 20:16   #3
cetane

If your aeg has the etu MOSFET and inside that heat shrink tube are the trigger wires, then maybe. They're tiny 22-24ga signal wires.

More info, more pictures: more better to try and diagnose over the interwebs
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 11:47   #4
Zeroroaster

Yep! That's enough wear. Any open wire can be a suspect short in the system. I'm working on a G&G M14 at the moment that did exactly the same thing. Electricity always seeks the path of less resistance...check for another spot on the harness somewhere for another rub...it doesn't take much to make the guns go intermittent.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2016, 10:57   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroroaster View Post
Yep! That's enough wear. Any open wire can be a suspect short in the system. I'm working on a G&G M14 at the moment that did exactly the same thing. Electricity always seeks the path of less resistance...check for another spot on the harness somewhere for another rub...it doesn't take much to make the guns go intermittent.
That's not even the wire sheath. That's just some shrink wrap over top it looks like.

Shouldn't cause any issues.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 01:28   #6
Kos-Mos

Dead motor from 11.1v is most likely to be the real issue.

Once your motor overheats, it looses all it's torque (magnetic field) and overheats faster, hence the "works on fresh batteries", letting it cool down is probably what does the trick.

Unless you have old shitty NiCd batteries or the batteries that come with chinese guns, then it's your batteries.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner