Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BBs curving right, inner barrel cannot be removed from outer barrel

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 20th, 2017, 21:16   #1
crazyninjadude

BBs curving right, inner barrel cannot be removed from outer barrel

So, I just bought a used version 1 KJW 10/22. When I went to disassemble it to replace the 6.01 RA tech TBB that it came with, with the stock barrel, I found out that the inner and outer barrel seem to be stuck together somehow. After reassembling it and taking it out for some long range shots to get the scope sighted in, I found that it is curving significantly to the right. After disassembling it, cleaning the barrel, and making sure the hop up unit is aligned it is still curbing right at about 100' or so (and curves to varying degrees of hop). No amount of fiddling with it that I've done over the past week has managed to resolve this. Hopefully, someone here would be able to mention some solutions that have worked for them, or at least be able to point me in the direction of some airsoft techs (reasonably) near the Ottawa Valley, as I am just new to the airsoft scene in Ottawa (I'm usually in Alberta during the university semesters)

Thanks,

Chioke
crazyninjadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 22:19   #2
Datawraith

Howdy! First off, welcome to the KC club!

Have you checked out or joined the KC02 owners' page on Facebook? TONS of good info here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5942...f=group_header

There's also a 10/22 thread here on ASC that has some good info:
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=120005

Now, as to your issue.

The KC02 is a great platform, but it's biggest weakness is the lack of part support and the hop up can be fairly finicky.

First off, the inner and outer absolutely should not be stuck together. Maybe take pics and post them if you haven't separated them yet. You might be talking about that weird barrel extension that KJW decided to put in there. Just take the new inner barrel and poke it out from the front if you haven't already removed it.

Can you tell if it is the stock hop up rubber in there? I have a feeling that since you bought it used and the stock barrel was in there, either the rubber is misaligned or the previous owner had bedded it in warped. Either way, the stock bucking isn't very good...

Take a look at getting a Future Energy 70 (FE70) bucking or a Maple Leaf bucking if you can find any (unlikely; they've been out of production for a while now). If not, a very very very worthy investment is the hop-up chamber conversion designed by Jeremy Bushe (search tophatrunner on shapeways). It will allow you to use VSR buckings with either AEG or VSR barrels.

Hope this helps!
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 01:49   #3
crazyninjadude

I just asked to join the group; thanks for letting me know about it!

I also have briefly looked over the KC02 thread.

I've also attached an album with all the pictures I could think of that may aid in making my situation more clear.

https://imgur.com/a/sgj7z
Old June 21st, 2017, 06:33   #4
RainyEyes

It looks like someone secured the thing with a piece of Teflon tape or adhesive... Can you examine the white stuff in the last picture that's holding the barrel in place?

You said you got it used? My guess is the previous owner may have done something to that unit... Give them a message and see if they have anything to say about it.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2017, 15:36   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
MFW someone glues an inner barrel to an outer barrel.

Sigh.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2017, 20:44   #6
crazyninjadude

Thanks for the help everyone! Just as an update, I have a new outer barrel coming in (neither the v1, nor the v2. It has room for a thread adapter on the interior of the outer barrel, like my vsr does). I also seemed to have found a maple leaf bucking that is compatible with kjw guns on its way, so hopefully that's the right one and gives a good air seal.

Has anyone had any luck with removing a glued outer barrel? it would be really nice to salvage this inner barrel (I could use the extra back pressure for those winter games)

I've also included another couple photos showing the attachment point of the inner and outer barrels.

https://imgur.com/a/jCadi
Old June 23rd, 2017, 22:30   #7
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyninjadude View Post
Thanks for the help everyone! Just as an update, I have a new outer barrel coming in (neither the v1, nor the v2. It has room for a thread adapter on the interior of the outer barrel, like my vsr does). I also seemed to have found a maple leaf bucking that is compatible with kjw guns on its way, so hopefully that's the right one and gives a good air seal.

Has anyone had any luck with removing a glued outer barrel? it would be really nice to salvage this inner barrel (I could use the extra back pressure for those winter games)

I've also included another couple photos showing the attachment point of the inner and outer barrels.

https://imgur.com/a/jCadi
Wait, Are you SERIOUS? it's glued? I was making a guess, but can you actually confirm there's glue on there?

I just watched this tutorial: https://youtu.be/_wsPoifvLJM

Looks like the inner just slides right out...

If you can really confirm it's glued on, you have two options.

1. Soak it in acetone (nail polish remover) and pray it doesn't destroy the metal and/or hop up unit.

2 replace whole thing.

My guess is that it's not glued on... But the barrel is actually bent which is why it won't come out and it's curving.

My best suggestion is just to replace that piece unless you can safely extract the barrel without bending it if it is glued.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2017, 02:29   #8
crazyninjadude

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm that it is glued since I did not get a reply back from the guy that I bought it from. It just seems like it's certainly a possibiliy.
Old June 24th, 2017, 09:26   #9
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
did you buy this gun on ASC?
we need the name of the seller, this is a straight up scam, you were sold a totally FUBARed gun

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2017, 15:11   #10
crazyninjadude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
did you buy this gun on ASC?
we need the name of the seller, this is a straight up scam, you were sold a totally FUBARed gun
I didn't buy it from here. Getting AV'd has been a real ordeal since I'm not that active on this forum, and there is no one capable of AVing in the Ottawa Valley. I'd certainly be happy to do so for others while I'm here if only that was allowed aha.

As an update; I'm still waiting on the parts, I ordered them from hero outdoors and they still haven't shipped yet (the only Canada-based place I could order the outer barrel). After more fiddling and respositioning the bucking its shooting better, but it still curves left when over hopped a little bit, which I don't really understand why (my VCR does this too, but my AK, along with my m93r does not do this when over hopped)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner