Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

From Philippines to Canada

:

General

Old April 15th, 2008, 05:31   #1
Invader

From Philippines to Canada

My family is planning to migrate in manitoba. i am playing airsoft since year 2000 here in the philippines. my specialty is jungle skirmish,cqb and my favorite abandoned train warehouse. airsoft is my life im playing 8 years of my life and still enjoying it. in 6 months time im gonna be there so i surf the net and im glad i found this website. i wonder if there's an airsofter who is a resident of manitoba...how can i contact u guys? i heard that the gears and parts are so expensive there,is it true? is there a filipino-canadian member here? help me,fellow airsofter...this is our life.thank you and mabuhay!(mabuhay means long live)
Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:41   #2
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
Hey, welcome to ASC. You might want to contact someone at MAA (Manitoba Airsoft Association). Check the drop down menu up top, there is a tab that reads "community", scroll down to manitoba and click "MAA". Yes, guns and parts are more expensive over here due to importation laws, however once you get here and get age verified you can check the classified sections of this forum for all you need.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:06   #3
zone 69

You need to sell your guns cus they wont let them across the border into CANADA. Look here:http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318 A NIB tokyo marui AEG costs 550$ or so here in canada.

Last edited by zone 69; April 15th, 2008 at 06:16..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:17   #4
Captain Tenneal
Formerly Muffinman

Also, I've seen some of the crazy FPS rules set up in the Philippines

Just letting ya know, 470 FPS is maximum for bolt action/semi auto sniper rifles. 400 fps for any full auto capable gun. 350 fps for LMG's and Handguns.
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:50   #5
~Bodkin~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal View Post
Also, I've seen some of the crazy FPS rules set up in the Philippines

Just letting ya know, 470 FPS is maximum for bolt action/semi auto sniper rifles. 400 fps for any full auto capable gun. 350 fps for LMG's and Handguns.
Really? Those are awfully low. At the local field here, bolt/semi sniper rifles is 500 fps, and all other weapons have to be under around 480 fps. I remember taking a 12-round burst to the head from an M249 pushing 450 fps from 10ft away. That left me out for a couple of rounds

"Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for I am the meanest son-of-a-bitch in the Valley."
~Bodkin~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:05   #6
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bodkin~ View Post
Really? Those are awfully low. At the local field here, bolt/semi sniper rifles is 500 fps, and all other weapons have to be under around 480 fps. I remember taking a 12-round burst to the head from an M249 pushing 450 fps from 10ft away. That left me out for a couple of rounds
That is the reason why the MAA put restrictions on LMGs, they just became too powerful.

There is a strong airsoft community here in manitoba, the MAA is the acting body. There are lots of Filipino's airsofting here as well, it should be an easy adjustment once you get used to the prices, but you can take all your gear, accessories (scops, rds, flashlights, etc), as well as any mags (without fake bullts, no p90 g36 or sig552 mags).
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:20   #7
harsui

open arms

The best thing to do is to wait and be patient. The humble you are here, the many friends you can get. Don't bring any airsoft accessories on the board coz you may not bring it here.

SUGGESTIONS MY FRIEND: Settle first your self and your family here, time will tell, AIRSOFT is always there.

Welcome KABAYAN!
harsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:37   #8
Skruface

And Winnipeg has great Siopao! Hope you enjoy Winnipeg (although you will probably hate the winter)!
Skruface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 14:13   #9
Mumbaki

Send a message via Yahoo to Mumbaki Send a message via Skype™ to Mumbaki
welcome kabayan...Get settled first...its not like in pinas that you can parade your airsoft in your backyard, it's quite different here..you'll see...guns are expensive here not like pinas you'll have to open your piggy bank...
Mumbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 19:44   #10
L473ncy

I don't condone this, but if you want to try putting all your stuff in a shipping container with all your furniture and stuff you might be able to get away with it. If they search your container then claim ignorance (I know that ignorance isn't a defense but you could probably get away with it and tell them you didn't know and let them destroy it)

Otherwise leave your stuff with some family in the Philippines and when you go back for vacation you can use it.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:26   #11
OTTAWAlonewolf

you gona hate the cold
OTTAWAlonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:32   #12
DENZILDON

Welcome kapatid!!! Just pm us if you need help!!!
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:37   #13
DENZILDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader View Post
My family is planning to migrate in manitoba. i am playing airsoft since year 2000 here in the philippines. my specialty is jungle skirmish,cqb and my favorite abandoned train warehouse. airsoft is my life im playing 8 years of my life and still enjoying it. in 6 months time im gonna be there so i surf the net and im glad i found this website. i wonder if there's an airsofter who is a resident of manitoba...how can i contact u guys? i heard that the gears and parts are so expensive there,is it true? is there a filipino-canadian member here? help me,fellow airsofter...this is our life.thank you and mabuhay!(mabuhay means long live)
Just bring everything gears, scopes, etc. Except the receiver and the battery (i think airplane restricitons)! Then just ask around here if they have spare receivers lying around!
DENZILDON is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General