Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Piston Teeth (14 vs 15) and Sector Gears (9 vs 10)

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 7th, 2017, 20:54   #1
paulwes83

Piston Teeth (14 vs 15) and Sector Gears (9 vs 10)

Hi gang,

I'm having an issue with an SHS piston matching my SHS 1:16 gearset. My piston is the lightened speed piston with the rear pick up tooth removed from factory, however, the sector gear doesn't seem to want to mesh properly until it hits the 4th tooth on the piston.

I've tried another ZCI piston and a stock DBoys and the stock DBoys is the only one that meshes fine. I've seen that SHS has 14 and 15 tooth pistons and 9 and 10 tooth sector gears. Does this sound more like a QC issue (cause they're SHS) or could it be because I have the wrong gearset matched to the piston?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care all!
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2017, 04:06   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

no it's because shs qc is shit and the racks are cast to the wrong dimensions. Gears should be all the same. Why would only 4 teeth on a gear be spaced differently than the rest? The pickup tooth on the rack is an improper distance away from the rest of the teeth. This usually only happens with 14T pistons. The missing tooth is to help with AoE when it's spaced properly combined with a spacer of some sort, washers, sorbo, what have you.

You can correct AoE on 15T pistons by just removing the first tooth and some of the next one.
Old July 8th, 2017, 08:30   #3
paulwes83

Thanks man, that's what I was thinking too. I guess I have 2 screwed piston racks then...funny how the DBoys is better than the others haha.

Must have been a lemon/bad batch of racks.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
no it's because shs qc is shit and the racks are cast to the wrong dimensions. Gears should be all the same. Why would only 4 teeth on a gear be spaced differently than the rest? The pickup tooth on the rack is an improper distance away from the rest of the teeth. This usually only happens with 14T pistons. The missing tooth is to help with AoE when it's spaced properly combined with a spacer of some sort, washers, sorbo, what have you.

You can correct AoE on 15T pistons by just removing the first tooth and some of the next one.
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2017, 18:18   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

For the price, it's hard to get upset about their lemon rate. I remember when prometheus pistons were THE piston to buy at $65 a pop lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications