Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

It's 2016, can one buy airsoft gun from retailers outside of Canada?

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2016, 19:23   #1
pewbiubiu

It's 2016, can one buy airsoft gun from retailers outside of Canada?

Hi,
I've read many pre-2012 threads about 100% chance getting confiscated when buying airsoft gun online from retailer sites outside of Canada.
I've tried to search if anyone tried doing so after 2012 (when airsoft gun becomes legal as long as it shoots higher than 366 fps and under 500 fps), but haven't found any results.

I'm looking to buy Krytac LVOA, and I've tried both Toronto Airsoft and Trigger Airsoft, they both sold out. Hero Outdoors somehow is selling FG version of it at $747, which is even more than the Wolf Grey + 10 mags bundle. I've tried to contact them regarding the pricing, but thats where the story ends, no reply.

So, I'm looking at evike and airsoftgi. But I'd like to know more how's everyone's recent experience of buying airsoft gun internationally.

Thanks in advance.
Old June 14th, 2016, 19:32   #2
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewbiubiu View Post
Hi,
I've read many pre-2012 threads about 100% chance getting confiscated when buying airsoft gun online from retailer sites outside of Canada.
I've tried to search if anyone tried doing so after 2012 (when airsoft gun becomes legal as long as it shoots higher than 366 fps and under 500 fps), but haven't found any results.

I'm looking to buy Krytac LVOA, and I've tried both Toronto Airsoft and Trigger Airsoft, they both sold out. Hero Outdoors somehow is selling FG version of it at $747, which is even more than the Wolf Grey + 10 mags bundle. I've tried to contact them regarding the pricing, but thats where the story ends, no reply.

So, I'm looking at evike and airsoftgi. But I'd like to know more how's everyone's recent experience of buying airsoft gun internationally.

Thanks in advance.
Huge risk and the bad conversion rate make it unreasonable to import a airsoft gun.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Old June 14th, 2016, 19:42   #3
Sputmilk

I've gotten a couple guns in from the states. Most recently was a WE G36, a few months ago. I only bought it because it was on a clearance sale, and got a really great deal even with the conversion. It showed up in a week, came by UPS.

Not sure I'd do it again unless I was getting a real smoking deal, and could throw away the cash I was spending. It's too much of a risk to be buying airsoft guns out of country.

You can try if you want, but just keep in mind that your stuff could be taken/destroyed.
Old June 14th, 2016, 19:50   #4
dmitril

Send a message via Skype™ to dmitril
Made a few purchases from US, no problems whatsoever. Just mind that exchange rate and brokerage fee. Also buying from China can sometimes skip the tax, which is very nice on a $500 gun
Old June 14th, 2016, 19:56   #5
pewbiubiu

I don't mind the conversion. I just can't wait to get a new gun and have some fun while summer is still here. So far, it seems like it's option, and people who did it didn't have any problems.
Old June 14th, 2016, 21:29   #6
Swattiger

I recently bought a SRU Scar L from a retailer in Hong Kong. It arrived in a week with no problem except it had the CBSA's tap on it, meaning it was inspected.

The risk is minimal for ordering from Hong Kong as they are pretty good at preparing all the necessary documents. And the cost, with all the exchange rate and custom duties, is reasonable.

Krytac is a brand from US, so it may be different.

On a second note, I found the Canadian airsoft market has gradually going back to the "dark age" i.e. unreasonably high prices, lack of most updated/exciting gun models (a lot of M4 variants). Luckily a very few retailers still offer some good deals/updated models (which are sold out fast).
Old June 14th, 2016, 22:14   #7
devbro

I suggest that you bring it physically over by car from the border. that is the safest possible solution. emphasis on word YOU. do not ask someone else to do it for you.
Old June 14th, 2016, 22:28   #8
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
I suggest that you bring it physically over by car from the border. that is the safest possible solution. emphasis on word YOU. do not ask someone else to do it for you.
That is like literally the WORST idea possible

ship it, it gets seized if it gets inspected by a CBSA officer that is an idiot and doesnt know the laws
if you bring it across the border, you could get arrested by the idiot CBSA officer

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Old June 14th, 2016, 23:29   #9

I got my gun from asgi and they fully documented it. No hiccups during shipping whatsoever.
Old June 14th, 2016, 23:56   #10
pewbiubiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 View Post
I got my gun from asgi and they fully documented it. No hiccups during shipping whatsoever.
Good to hear! I'm thinking about buying from evike, as asgi sold out the foliage green version. But I could go with the FDE version, they look sexy too.

Did you get charged for any fees duty anything?
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:21   #11
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewbiubiu View Post
Good to hear! I'm thinking about buying from evike, as asgi sold out the foliage green version. But I could go with the FDE version, they look sexy too.

Did you get charged for any fees duty anything?
expect duty fees and taxes, plus the conversion rate to all be added on at the border.

Do not try to sneak it across, if you get searched and found with it you will face tough penalties/jail time.

Do the math, sometimes if you can find it in Canada for basically the same price its not worth the border run risk.

Ultimately anything being brought across is up to the individual border security agents interpretation of the rules, if he/she/they feel it does not meet the requirements they can seize it and then put the onus on you to spend months trying to get the decision overturned before they destroy it.

Once you are age verified, you will also gain access to a ton more information regarding all this, as well as the buy/sell sections.
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:22   #12
cetane

Be fully prepared to pay duty fees on anything coming out of USA or Asia. So tax on the cdn dollar value of goods not including shipping is pretty close.

Parts out of smaller Asia shops usually come through as toy parts and under $10 declared so most of the time no duty
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank