Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Why are younger players frowned upon so much?

:

General

Old May 15th, 2013, 18:13   #16
swatt13
Captain Awesome

Garfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 18:20   #17
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

When I play I look for three things:

1. Is the player safe? Do they take responsibility for their actions. Do they think before they shoot. I tend not to like being lit up in the back of the head from a foot away. Generally more mature players will be more aware and not take dangerous shots.

2. Do they play fair? Do they call their hits? Do they load to game regs?

3. Are they fun to be around? I'm less interested in playing with good shooters and prefer to play with guys who are out to have a good time. If they take a hit and bitch about it for 45 minutes and ruin the game for everyone else then I'm not interested in playing with them.

Now some youths do follow all these rules and I have no problems playing with them, but I'd rather not take the chance with someone who because of their age would have a predisposition to being immature. Hell there are enough adults that cheat and ruin the game for others I'm disinclined to chance playing with teens.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 18:20   #18
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post

and then there's the creepy shit.....

possession.. not just 9/10ths of the law...
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 18:20   #19
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
Garfield
Pookey!
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 18:37   #20
BennyBoy

Be like Stealth, BB chips a tooth and continues for rest of day. Which was another good 4 hours.

! On mobile; sorry for any spelling mistakes or autocorrects!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 18:55   #21
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Just called you OLD .

Old guys have less free time than young kids with nothing but free time so we respect it more. We call our hits, so we can go back to the safe zone and take a hit of Oxygen.
Young guns and Old Guys speak different languages too, When an Old guy says IN he means IN when a Young Gun says "In" it means "Maybe if my buddies Mom will drive us".
we don't know what you mean when you say "Thats so Random. "
When discussing New AEG prices you say Thats Expensive and we say Thats Fkn Cheap and we are talking about the same AEG price.
We have a respect for other players and their things and young guns have a lack of common courtesy for other players and their stuff.
Don't argue with the stuff presented in this Post, we know better, if you disagree your actions will speak louder than your web-blathering.
Cheers

and then there's the creepy shit.....

This. I'm only 23 but this is exactly right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
Be like Stealth, BB chips a tooth and continues for rest of day. Which was another good 4 hours.
I did that too last summer. Fairly calmly, with only mild profanity, called my hit, walked off the field (one life only skirmish) then continued for one more game if memory serves me right, though for me it wasn't so much a chip as much of 1/2 of one of my teeth turned into powder.

Last edited by AngelusNex; May 15th, 2013 at 18:58..
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 21:30   #22
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
I would eat the hearts of a thousand virgins to crawl back into a 14 year old body... but then I'd probably just abuse it like I did the one I have...
I would do the same but ths time with the knowledge that I have now and my current airsoft toys.........talk about some pawnage!!
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 22:43   #23
Troy T. Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
The age thing isn't an argument for maturity
I've seen just as many young kids cheat as young adults cheat as older guys cheat. I've seen young and old argue the most ridiculous things on the field. I've seen grown men whine like 12yr olds, and 12yr olds tell people to stop complaining.
You are who you are, and that's just how it is.

Most dangerous age seems to be 18-22 honestly.
The younger crowd is typically in better shape, but it's easier to teach the more milsim side of airsoft to older guys, especially the individual tactics.

I'd say any argument of age for maturity is invalid, it's all about how the person is taught and how they grew up.
So the main reason most people don't allow minors is for legal reasons.

Well said!!
Old May 15th, 2013, 23:33   #24
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
I have played with 8 year olds here in Japan, and I have played with 14 year olds back in Canada.

I've had young players here offer me full magazines when they heard my gun starting to shoot dry.
I've had kids in Canada lie to me and try to get around the age verification system. One from Nippawin, SK even offered to give me $50 to look the other way to verify him. I've had kids back home lie, cheat and steal from my team-mates (Layne Meier of Regina, Saskatchewan for example, his username was 'Sasksoft' and ripped off a FUCK ton of money, but didn't get charged cuz he was 16/17).

So you ask why kids are looked down upon? Because we remember the shit-heads, not the good ones.
Old May 16th, 2013, 00:51   #25
Battery

I've never really thought about it from a legal perspective before. I'm glad that was brought up. I can see how that would be an issue.

Nice points.
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:16   #26
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Pointing a replica firearm at a kid isn't exactally my cup of tea.
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:49   #27
OTTAWAlonewolf

It is not younger player people have a problem with but immaturity. Not saying all younger players are immature but a lot of them are immature. However, that is OK ! because I guarantee you that you are not going to be young forever.
Very soon you are going to be able to play with big boys and complain about your knee problems and back injury.

very very.....soon.
OTTAWAlonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:39   #28
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATTROISKING View Post
Pointing a replica firearm at a kid isn't exactally my cup of tea.
Dude, we don't play with replica's.
Explaining it will be a whole other thread.
Just don't say replica again if you are refering to an AirSoft Gun.
or I will empty my Clip on you.!
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 16:35   #29
wintez
aka Cracksumass Maximus of Alberta, the carrier of the butt grandcrack canyon!

IMO, Younger players (under 18), sometimes lack the social skills to play the sport we do with an older crowd.They lack respect on and off the field. Respect for other people and the honor of the sport. Mental discipline is a huge factor in our sport.

I'm not saying every younger player is such, but looking at the generation which I like to refer to as the COD age. Where kids think they are invincible and have their K7 Forcefields in play all the time.

Also the legal issues behind having a younger player on the field. If that kid ever got hurt while they were on the buisness end of your PTW. Things would not go to well for the shooter. Soccer mom's will have a hay day with that.

Lighting up a kid is not fun. As mentioned earlier, most players don't have two gears of play. It's go go go and things are said that could never be un-said.

Mature or not. Waiting till your 18 is best. Being responsible for your actions comes with age and experience.

Remember, Liars, Cheaters, Theives. They come in all sorts of shapes, ages, and sizes. That being said, over the age of 18, we can have them flogged.

Wintez - I accidently banned myself from ASC on my first day as an admin, I love the sausage!!

Age Verifier for Southern Alberta
wintez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 17:12   #30
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Being one of the few people here that actually has experience playing with an entire league of (mostly) underage to adult players, I would have to say they're just as likely to be a bad egg as any adult.
I agree that maturity comes from personal experience, but it can also be taught to people.
Cuddy's is really strict on their player base, and the new players learn that very quickly. If they get banned, they won't be able to play airsoft again until they're 18.

I know of groups of adult players that are just horrible people, they hit the field and seem to make it their objective to ruin the game for everyone. And I know groups of kids that can do the same.
As far as kids ripping people off, well, how many of the old retailers ripped us off on a national level?

How respectable a group is on the field is determined entirely by their leadership. Cuddy's has excellent leadership, ergo their players are really good.
You find a player that can't play by the rules, you kick them out, simple as that.
If you find underage players in your areas aren't mature enough to play, chances are nobody's taken the time to teach them.

I'm not saying we should all start hosting 16+ games, but we shouldn't be bashing them either.
Whether or not a group or field allows underage players is entirely up to acceptance of legal risk and personal preference.

Personally, I know that if you don't give kids a place to play, they'll find a place. And I think it's better that we offer them a controlled environment that strongly enforces safety and integrity with instructors who know the game, as opposed to them playing in a park behind a school by themselves with no safety glasses.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; May 16th, 2013 at 17:15..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General