Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

More WA M4 Problems

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 19th, 2014, 08:26   #1
solidgear34

More WA M4 Problems

Hey Y'all, I had cycling issues on a WA M4, that with the aid of some kind folks, determined to be lightstriking, and a 150% hammerspring fixed that. Now, the bolt cycles fully, loads another BB, but still won't fire in succession.

Each time I pull the trigger, it fires a BB, cycles the bolt, but the trigger goes into a neutral mode, like the hammer wasn't reset. But when i open it up, the hammer is pushed way way down, almost flat, instead of kind of on an angle like it used to be. With the hammer pushed down like this, if i flip the selector switch from semi to fully auto, the hammer jumps up into its normal ready position and I can fire.

I'm also using a heavyweight bolt, not sure if that makes any difference. I'm not sure if i'm explaining it well enough, i'm just P.O'd about how much work this thing turned out to be. But they do say the best things in life aren't easy. Do they?
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:54   #2
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
what is the make of your gun

G&P, KA, WELL, AGM, JG, INO, or WA?
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2014, 16:34   #3
solidgear34

It's a Western Arms, with what i believe are G&P steel internals but i'm not 100% sure. And i've got a bit more info, after the first shot is fired, and the hammer is pushed way way down, switching the selector switch to safe/full auto and then back to semi, pops the hammer up to its normal cocked position and lets it shoot one more round before you have to jiggle the selector again.

Looking inside after the hammer gets pushed way down, it looks like it could possibly be getting caught by the trigger/auto sear (that's the kind of flat piece of metal that moves when the selector switch is moved right?) , and switching the selector jiggles the trigger/thingie and releases the hammer to its normal cocked position. On Full Auto, the hammer doesn't even reset to the cocked position when shot. I don't really have much experience with GBBRs, so forgive any silly statements by me.

Could it just be the hammer is not installed properly? I did have a hell of a time getting that 150% spring in..

Last edited by solidgear34; June 19th, 2014 at 17:18.. Reason: Missed some info
solidgear34 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner