Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WA M4 Bolt cycling Issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 21st, 2014, 14:38   #1
solidgear34

WA M4 Bolt cycling Issue

Hey, ya'll I've got a WA m4, with steel internals (trigger set, bolt catch, all that stuff), and a brand new G&P heavy weight bolt and nozzle. Even before i changed out the bolt, it wasn't cycling properly. For example, i'd put in a mag, rack the charging handle, and when the trigger is pulled, it would either just gently lob the bb out of the barrel without blowing the bolt back, or blow the bolt back half-way, not enough to feed another bb or reset the hammer for another shot. When the m4 is aimed directly at the ground and fired, the bolt blows back all the way, and can actually be caught by the bolt catch, but only for one or two shots before you have to rack the charging handle again for it to fire.

I'm probably not explaining it as best as i could, but any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks.
Old May 21st, 2014, 14:53   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

im not fully familiar with the internals on the WA gbbr's but a few things would be.
1:has it been cleaned and lubed regularly
2: is the hammer spring or hammer itself worn causing light strikes of the valve
3: going to a heavier bolt assembly would only amplify the issue if its the hammer/spring.
4: is there any damage to the o ring on the piston or the floating valve (should have one id imagine lol)
5: air seal between mag and gun (either warn mag catch or rubber or the part on the mag that the catch ummm catches, try pushing up on tue mag a lil and fire)
6: full charge of gas
id try with the stock bolt, figure out the issue and then see if it works with the heavy bolt after the issue is sorted out.
keep in mind im not 100% on the western arms stuff but i know my way round a we prety good and those would be the things id check
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 15:08   #3
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Hey solid gear, I can help you out with this I owned a few WA GBBR, your hammerspring is making you light strike, with the gun pointed down your hammer has more interia to make your gun shoot. PM me if you need help
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner