Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 28th, 2009, 14:30   #61
turok_t

So nineball is the best brand for accessories?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 15:40   #62
RacingManiac

uh, no....personally I think they are the worst..

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 17:05   #63
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
uh, no....personally I think they are the worst..
Whoops, i mean, so NOVA is the best brand?
Old December 28th, 2009, 17:43   #64
RacingManiac

As far as looks goes, they make some really good looking parts, and for the most part, they fit well. And they have them in many different style, including the style which most 2011(Hi-Capa) goes for. Be careful though, seeing you are using SD slide, you might be tempted by Nova's barrel bushing and such, but they won't fit, since SD has it's own bushing notch dimension, that is different from TM 1911's(which is what Nova uses). So you cannot use Nova's bushing, if you decided to use 1911 style straight barrel.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old December 28th, 2009, 21:06   #65
turok_t

Quote:
As far as looks goes, they make some really good looking parts, and for the most part, they fit well. And they have them in many different style, including the style which most 2011(Hi-Capa) goes for. Be careful though, seeing you are using SD slide, you might be tempted by Nova's barrel bushing and such, but they won't fit, since SD has it's own bushing notch dimension, that is different from TM 1911's(which is what Nova uses). So you cannot use Nova's bushing, if you decided to use 1911 style straight barrel.
thanks for the tip racing maniac. Yeah, im planning to get a SD bushing set if my SD slide has a notch for it. BTW, ive decided to got the Nova long slim slide lock, and the SD Type B Mag base. Currently, im looking for a square silver mag catch but the only company thaat makes it is Nine Ball. Do you know any good companies that make this type of mag catch? I dont want it to break once I touch it.
Old December 28th, 2009, 22:10   #66
jamuke

are there any Cmore length scope mounts that mount on the bottom rail holes
that you have to punch out..for a TM 5.1 capa
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:33   #67
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I try to avoid their stuff when I can....exception so far being the slide catch since they are the only one that makes extended ones for Hi-Capa
Nova makes an extended Wilson style slide catch as well... in stainless steel, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Whoops, i mean, so NOVA is the best brand?
Nah. ILLusion Kinetics is better. LOLLLL
In all honesty, I prefer the IK slide catch, because it's the only satin silver stainless steel one on the market. Beyond that, IK doesn't make most of the controls - I myself also turn to Nova for most parts. ILLusion Kinetics manufacturer is the only one that that makes stainless steel mag catches in the airsoft market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Currently, im looking for a square silver mag catch but the only company thaat makes it is Nine Ball. Do you know any good companies that make this type of mag catch? I dont want it to break once I touch it.
Best combo is a real steel extended paddle combined with an ILLusion Kinetics stainless steel mag catch.
The IK mag catches are pre-centerd to assist in the drilling required to attach the paddle.

I personally use BCG Pro extended paddle and an STI paddle for two different builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamuke View Post
are there any Cmore length scope mounts that mount on the bottom rail holes
that you have to punch out..for a TM 5.1 capa
CMore... length? Or are you looking for a specific CMore Slide Ride base? The Slide Ride bases offer a lower profile, but I'm not aware of any available that mounts to the bottom holes.

If you're looking for a CMore Railway base (railed base), there are lots available. Nine Ball makes one that attaches to the 5.1 rail, but it's crap. It sits waaaaaaay too high and messes up your sight picture and natural pointability.

Nine Ball also makes a new one that attaches to some existing mounting points of the grip & frame that is much more natural feeling to use. I believe Surebet uses one with a replica CMore.

As for mounting directly to the rail holes at the bottom of the Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 frame, I believe Shooters Design makes some mount bases that will attach to there.

However, my personal opinion on that product is that you are attaching your optics to two tiny holes at the bottom of the frame. Stress pressure to the sight and/or base during the draw/use/storage/transport of the gun may eventually wear out the holes, causing a wobbly mount base. The fact that there's only two tiny mount holes doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Consider: real scope mount bases use FIVE #5-40 holes drilled & tapped to the side of the frame. It's done this way to handle the shock of real steel recoil force, as well as to inspire confidence in the durability and stability of the device responsible for how accurately you'll be shooting.

IMO, the best way is to get a Slide Ride base and drill/tap it in to your frame. It will give you the least amount of parallax (difference between point of aim and point of impact at varying distances) and will assist in natural pointability. Anything that mounts to a rail will decrease these characteristics.

Last edited by ILLusion; December 29th, 2009 at 09:39..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 13:17   #68
RacingManiac

I know Nova makes one, but they don't fit the wider frame on the 2011 well, and mine right now that was meant for my 1911 does not function on the Hi-Capa...didn't really dianose why since it serve the purpose on the 1911...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:06   #69
Slono
Slow mo.

I have an MEU, and I'm transplanting its organs into a Nova Warrior metal kit and I have a couple concerns.

1) The chamber unit is not sitting flush with the back of the slide (The stair-like looking pieces are not flush. The chamber unit sits farther in the slide by about 2mm.)

2) The back plate (piece, GM4-7 in the MEU manual) has a pin that mates with a hole in the back of the stock slide, but in the Nova Warrior kit, the hole is non-existent. Should I file the pin off?

3) The mag release button is incompatible with the frame. I had to file the button for it to fit, only to find out a notch on the mag catch that was supposed to catch on the frame that supports the pressure applied on the other side when you push (the button) was not big enough to catch. Therefore whenever I pushed the button the whole mag release button would just pop back out.

What should I do?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 15:56   #70
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
I have an MEU, and I'm transplanting its organs into a Nova Warrior metal kit and I have a couple concerns.

1) The chamber unit is not sitting flush with the back of the slide (The stair-like looking pieces are not flush. The chamber unit sits farther in the slide by about 2mm.)

2) The back plate (piece, GM4-7 in the MEU manual) has a pin that mates with a hole in the back of the stock slide, but in the Nova Warrior kit, the hole is non-existent. Should I file the pin off?

3) The mag release button is incompatible with the frame. I had to file the button for it to fit, only to find out a notch on the mag catch that was supposed to catch on the frame that supports the pressure applied on the other side when you push (the button) was not big enough to catch. Therefore whenever I pushed the button the whole mag release button would just pop back out.

What should I do?
I recently found out as well, that the MEU is not 100% 1911 compatible.

I knew from the beginning, that the Nova Warrior kit is built specifically for the Marui 1911, and many of the Marui M1911A1 Colt Government controls will NOT work with the Warrior kit.

I had no experience with the MEU transplant, so I couldn't give you an accurate answer before. I CAN answer some of your questions, though:

1) You may not have the blowback unit seated properly. Do you have the bolt screwed in tightly? Once it's tight, it *should* be pulling it back in to location.

2) The replica firing pin retention plate (GM4-7) found on the MEU is different than the one that comes with the M1911A1 Colt Government. You will need to remove the pin, file it flush, as well as file the top to be rounded in order to fit it in the Nova slide made for the Marui M1911A1.

3) I have no experience with the Marui mag catch in the Nova kit... I skipped this problem altogether with a complete Nova conversion for my Warrior build. All the controls I used in my Warrior build were by Nova as well.
I recently did an MEU conversion with Nova's specific MEU metal conversion kit, and the MEU mag catch went in flawlessly.

You may have to acquire a Nova mag catch... well, that was my justification and excuse to my conscience to spend crazy amounts of money on sweet CNC machined steel parts for my build.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 6th, 2010 at 16:02..
Old January 6th, 2010, 16:20   #71
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I recently found out as well, that the MEU is not 100% 1911 compatible.

I knew from the beginning, that the Nova Warrior kit is built specifically for the Marui 1911, and many of the Marui M1911A1 Colt Government controls will NOT work with the Warrior kit.

I had no experience with the MEU transplant, so I couldn't give you an accurate answer before. I CAN answer some of your questions, though:

1) You may not have the blowback unit seated properly. Do you have the bolt screwed in tightly? Once it's tight, it *should* be pulling it back in to location.

2) The replica firing pin retention plate (GM4-7) found on the MEU is different than the one that comes with the M1911A1 Colt Government. You will need to remove the pin, file it flush, as well as file the top to be rounded in order to fit it in the Nova slide made for the Marui M1911A1.

3) I have no experience with the Marui mag catch in the Nova kit... I skipped this problem altogether with a complete Nova conversion for my Warrior build. All the controls I used in my Warrior build were by Nova as well.
I recently did an MEU conversion with Nova's specific MEU metal conversion kit, and the MEU mag catch went in flawlessly.

You may have to acquire a Nova mag catch... well, that was my justification and excuse to my conscience to spend crazy amounts of money on sweet CNC machined steel parts for my build.
Which bolt are you speaking of?

Old January 6th, 2010, 16:46   #72
RacingManiac

The screw on the back of the BBU...

I have to say though I am the same with ILLusion that I've built Nova 1911 kits with 1911A1. I've yet to venture the direction of MEU(I do use its mags). I know there are subtle differences but not having seen a MEU I don't know what specifically.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old January 6th, 2010, 16:53   #73
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Which bolt are you speaking of?
The one that holds the blowback unit and the firing pin retention plate in place...
Old January 6th, 2010, 16:56   #74
Slono
Slow mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
The one that holds the blowback unit and the firing pin retention plate in place...
Is the firing pin retention plate the plate that I asked you about whether or not I should file the pin out?

Old January 6th, 2010, 16:57   #75
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Is the firing pin retention plate the plate that I asked you about whether or not I should file the pin out?
Yup
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications