Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need help identifying this old WE 1911 MEU Springfield

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 13th, 2017, 01:05   #1
BulletPROZ

Need help identifying this old WE 1911 MEU Springfield

Hi guys, i recently got a bunch of air soft stuff from a friend. He game me a Tokyo Marui G26 Advance, and another bun which i think is a really old WE 1911 MEU . I'm trying to identify the model number of this WE1911.

What i know, I think it used to be black and the paint wore off over time, you can see that the inside recover use to be black and the mag well inside is kinda black and other spots as well. I am about 95% sure its a WE, and some of the internals are upgrades like the bore and the red spring. I have searched everywhere on the internet and the closest thing i found was a 8 year old post with no real details. I know its missing the slide lock which i plan on replacing.

http://everything-airsoft.com/blog/2...etal-1911-meu/

Any help would be much appreciated as i want to restore this pistol for use.
Here are some pictures i took of the 1911.

BulletPROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 13:40   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Just needed to look at the mag.

That's a WE mag, yup. They're proprietary to WE 1911's.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 14:33   #3
XOIIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Just needed to look at the mag.

That's a WE mag, yup. They're proprietary to WE 1911's.
Pretty sure he already had that figured out.
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2017, 16:33   #4
Drake
E-01

What you have is an early version of the WE MEU(SOC) .45 1911, with the [mostly] correct Springfield markings, modelled after the MGC GM5/Western Arms MEU(SOC). It's modelled after the circa ~2003 production of the MEUSOC pistol with COTS Springfield Custom slides with the forward serrations added by Quantico armorers (front right of the slide, behind the serrations you'll see the cut off SPRIngfield CUstom).

Later versions of the WE MEU were either blank or had bogus USMC markings. You also have correct Pachmayr medallions on the grips (Pachmayr model GM-45; real ones fit, too). Later models either sport a USMC EGA or the WE logo on the medallion. All iterations of the pistol were known as the MEU 1911 and are the same gun except for the markings (the early version with correct trademarks was actually sold by WE, not HK3).

The paint was removed, not worn off (there are bare parts where it wouldn't have worn).

For the slide lock, any WE 1911 one should fit although if you want to keep the MEU "kosher" you should use the non-extended one. Not sure if the TM/KJW replacements will fit (they look the same but I never tried).

Depending on how accurate an MEU clone you're looking to build you may need to perform a few other tweaks.
Old January 13th, 2017, 23:07   #5
BulletPROZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
What you have is an early version of the WE MEU(SOC) .45 1911, with the [mostly] correct Springfield markings, modelled after the MGC GM5/Western Arms MEU(SOC). It's modelled after the circa ~2003 production of the MEUSOC pistol with COTS Springfield Custom slides with the forward serrations added by Quantico armorers (front right of the slide, behind the serrations you'll see the cut off SPRIngfield CUstom).

Later versions of the WE MEU were either blank or had bogus USMC markings. You also have correct Pachmayr medallions on the grips (Pachmayr model GM-45; real ones fit, too). Later models either sport a USMC EGA or the WE logo on the medallion. All iterations of the pistol were known as the MEU 1911 and are the same gun except for the markings (the early version with correct trademarks was actually sold by WE, not HK3).

The paint was removed, not worn off (there are bare parts where it wouldn't have worn).

For the slide lock, any WE 1911 one should fit although if you want to keep the MEU "kosher" you should use the non-extended one. Not sure if the TM/KJW replacements will fit (they look the same but I never tried).

Depending on how accurate an MEU clone you're looking to build you may need to perform a few other tweaks.
I think you may be right, I'm trying to find some evidence of it being sold somewhere so i can find a model number, but it just seems so be to rare to find.
Old January 13th, 2017, 23:43   #6
BulletPROZ

i think this sight below may be the actual gun and how it was sold. it doesn't show much but its a good start. everything seems to be matching. its a 8 year old page

http://everything-airsoft.com/blog/2...nd-meu-soc-45/
Old January 14th, 2017, 00:56   #7
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletPROZ View Post
I think you may be right, I'm trying to find some evidence of it being sold somewhere so i can find a model number, but it just seems so be to rare to find.
The model number is WE-E008

http://www.weairsoft.com/guns/gas-bl...08-meu-bk.html

Like I said, the markings changed a few times but its always been the same gun and model number.

The one you have was the original version and WE probably got hit with a cease and desist from SA shortly after it hit the market because it was hard to find even after it immediately came out. Its very rare, and I think there may have only been one single run of it produced. I got mine in ~2008-2009. The subsequent versions had the USMC markings and EGA logo on the grip medallion, and later it was just blank when WE started doing that with its other guns.

I can tell you that even at that time, the shops carrying it where rare (WE was still relatively new) and most updated images to reflect the markings on the new batch shortly after. From hunting one down for import in those days, I remember only 4-5 shops ever carrying it.
Old January 15th, 2017, 02:17   #8
BulletPROZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The model number is WE-E008

http://www.weairsoft.com/guns/gas-bl...08-meu-bk.html

Like I said, the markings changed a few times but its always been the same gun and model number.

The one you have was the original version and WE probably got hit with a cease and desist from SA shortly after it hit the market because it was hard to find even after it immediately came out. Its very rare, and I think there may have only been one single run of it produced. I got mine in ~2008-2009. The subsequent versions had the USMC markings and EGA logo on the grip medallion, and later it was just blank when WE started doing that with its other guns.

I can tell you that even at that time, the shops carrying it where rare (WE was still relatively new) and most updated images to reflect the markings on the new batch shortly after. From hunting one down for import in those days, I remember only 4-5 shops ever carrying it.
Wow you really got me excited for the 1911, didn't know it was that unique especially since i got it for so cheap. Now i really need to do a good job on the restore, I wish the color was still stock, but i heard the WE had bad paint finishes so maybe the previous owner may have sanded it silver when i started looking bad.

Anyways i have to find a good Slide lock replacement and also upon inspecting i found that i'm missing 1 piece in the internal, i'm not sure if its a 100% necessary piece (in the image below). i am missing the rectangle piece in the bottom right (not my pic). I don't know what the piece is called or if its a essential piece but it must have some purpose right?

Current issues with the 1911
-It seems to fire in full auto after 1 trigger pull, i am not 100% sure why, could have something to so with the leaf spring

-The gun some times fires if you hold the grip safety in, so it is essentially acting as a trigger. i think it maybe due to the hammer not being 100% aligned with the middle leaf spring, or the leaf spring may need tome bending for adjustment.

-The mag don't seem to be filling fully. When i put gas in them they only sore like 10 shots worth.... idk if its because the mag is really old and the seal is somehow stopping it from filling to full...

-the slide gets stuck back because of the plastic feeder piece. Kind like the problem this guy is having http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=181434 I have put back the stock short barrel but same problem, I'm thinking it may be because of that missing piece pictured above. (below are some pictures of this issue). The only way to fix it is to pull the slide back than push the tan plastic feeder thing back and it goes back forward to normal position.

Stock Barrel

Last edited by BulletPROZ; January 15th, 2017 at 02:21..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion