Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Essential gear for running a GBBR primary?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 20th, 2014, 09:21   #1
brock0

Essential gear for running a GBBR primary?

Was hoping you GBBR users could share your thoughts and useful/required items for running a GBBR as a primary weapon (other than the obvious back-up gun because GBBRs can be finicky).

Specifically looking for insight into how you stay loaded and ready to fight for as long as possible throughout the game without clomping back to the staging area to gas up. Do you carry gas chargers around (like the dummy grenades or the airsoft innovations one)? A propane bottle?

I'm hoping that with a commitment to trigger discipline, a 450 round speed loader, a multi-tool, and some gas on hand will keep me going long enough to remain effective throughout the game without RTB but let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 09:31   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
1) GBBR Primary
2) AEG or another GBBR Primary. (If you run a WE system then this would be simple)

Usually when you gas up you should be good to go, depends on how many mags you carry into battle with you. I typically would carry 6-7 on me, with the one in my gun already. Even when going back tot he staging area, I would just top off the gas for the "Just in case factor" even though mags are supposed to last 2-3 re-fills.

I never carried any gas with me onto the field, because I only used GBBR in CQB and skirmishes that didn't exceed 60 minutes. Sometimes you could be shooting with one mag, and it could vent all the gas out, I would just toss that back into the pouch and proceed with the next mag.

I never liked to carry more then I needed, however I think investing in the AI Gas canister would be an ideal investment for any GBB user.

I'm sure you know to never use full auto on the GBB, since your shots are limited to a maximum of 40.

Never experienced a MilSim with a GBBR, but I assume you'd carry a gas canister with a speed loader to refill your mags when you can, that would make the most sense.

Make sure you keep your gun and magazines clean after each use, this would ensure you don't have bad luck if your mags were to leak. If they had a slow leak I would use those mags first during the beginning of the rounds first.

Edit:

You could also build a spare bolt too as a back up, if you didn't want to invest into a new GBB.

Last edited by BioRage; November 20th, 2014 at 09:34..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:07   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

having the small gas can is not that much more weight.. it's about 1 mag worth of weight. People have been known to carry more ridiculous junk with them.
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:16   #4
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
For all WE M4 users: If you are using a WE M4, order yourself a WE M4 Open Bolt kit. It essentially gives you 100% spare internals for you to swap out at a moments notice (gives you a full spare bolt group; get a NPAS for it and.you can have one bolt for outdoors and one for CQB). Break a nozzle, no problem.
Trigger spring snaps, no worries. As long as you have practice taking your rifle apart and are comfortable you can fix any issue with your rifle within fifteen minutes on a hard surface like a table or counter top. The open bolt kit is a $90-100 investment that keeps you covered for a myriad of part failures. Get it. If you are using something other than a WE M4, this is not for you, obviously.

Using a non-WE system: build a spare bolt group and get a spare trigger box/assembly. Easy to swap quickly.

Solid seven mags should do you just fine, however grab ten just in case you want a full 300 round loadout.

Gas your mags up to the max and you will get two ammo fills if you are playing in a decently warm area.

Gas canister is only necessary for MilSims, and I mean the kinds of MilSims where you will be far away from CP for awhile and you know you will be doing alot of fighting.

Make sure to take a small set of pin punches, Allan keys, and a flat head screwdriver. All three in combination should have you covered for anything you'd need to take apart and are lightweight - should be under a pound in weight.

An armourers wrench is a great investment. Again, can be kept in a pack and is fairly lightweight. This isn't a necessity, but at least bring it with you to CP just in case.

Solid rig. Make sure it's comfortable. Very comfortable. The added weight of the gas mags is night and day compared to AEG midcaps. Invest in something that fits snugly but comfortably so it don't flop around on your chest on the run. Also make sure you have good pouches to keep your mags in. Again, something that fits the mags snugly so they don't flop around.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Cheers and good luck.
Old November 20th, 2014, 12:05   #5
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser

Everyone has it nailed IMO except for one thing, grease. Make sure to bring some with you to an event. Incase you DO need to swap something, you've got the appropriate measures to keep it running smoothly.
Bakasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 12:32   #6
Zack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasaur View Post
Everyone has it nailed IMO except for one thing, grease. Make sure to bring some with you to an event. Incase you DO need to swap something, you've got the appropriate measures to keep it running smoothly.
Can't believe I didn't list this. Lawl

Just make sure you are using silicone oil or grease. Don't try to get fancy and get Frog Lube or some other firearm oil/grease. Them shits are meant to lube things at high temperatures, whereas silicone lubes at very cold temperatures. AirsoftInovation GBB oil or Empire Paintball lube are the best for this and the bottle is tiny for both.
Old November 20th, 2014, 12:33   #7
Zack The Ripper

Can't believe I didn't list this. Lawl

Just make sure you are using silicone oil or grease. Don't try to get fancy and get Frog Lube or some other firearm oil/grease. Them shits are meant to lube things at high temperatures, whereas silicone lubes at very cold temperatures. AirsoftInovation GBB oil or Empire Paintball lube are the best for this and the bottle is tiny for both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasaur View Post
Old November 20th, 2014, 13:40   #8
brock0

Lots of good info here, thanks.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 15:06   #9
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Why is everyone talking about bringing gas canisters and speed loaders into game at milsims...

I was under the impression you cant reload your mags unless at your base....... If you can load in the field then whats the point of it being a milsim with maximum round limitations?

Not to mention that most milsims say you cannot load bb's in the field or borrow bbs from your pistol mags ect.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 15:08   #10
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Why is everyone talking about bringing gas canisters and speed loaders into game at milsims...

I was under the impression you cant reload your mags unless at your base....... If you can load in the field then whats the point of it being a milsim with maximum round limitations?

Not to mention that most milsims say you cannot load bb's in the field or borrow bbs from your pistol mags ect.....
Depends on the host, it's just the theory that makes sense.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 15:26   #11
Zack The Ripper

Many events have CPs and OPs on the field, like real MilSim should. Hence, bringing it on the field with you. Having a loader and other reloading gear on you rather than always at CP means whenever you arrive at a valid reload spot whether it be an OP, team vehicle, CP, etc means you are able to get BBs back in your mags faster rather than digging through gear going "Where's my speedloader?!".

Like It was stated above, it's theory mostly. Game discretion.
Old November 20th, 2014, 16:14   #12
leth1337

I carry 8 mags +1 in the gun and have another 6 or 7 ready to go when I get back to CP to swap out empties, duds, venters, etc. I've never carried the gas can tho I own one, I've never used a speedloader in the field.

Semi auto is your best friend.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion