Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Combat Stimms

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 14th, 2013, 18:37   #1
Magnaroth

Combat Stimms

Hello ASC,

So my team and me have been using these electrolyte tabs avec caffeine to help keep us operating at maximum capacity for Milsims. They're great, and aren't too expensive.

What do you guys use? Instant coffee, cups of tea, Adderall?

I'm just curious as to what others are using to keep themselves operating at maximum efficiency over extended durations.
Old December 14th, 2013, 18:47   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Goodnights sleep, good meal, and snacks
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 18:51   #3
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I use, and intend to use for my team, the standard method of rotating troops out of the field for rest and down time so they can bomb up on ammo, maintain kit, eat, get hydration and whatever else needs done.

I don't think getting strung out on chemicals, be it caffeine or prescriptions, to be a wise idea.

As RITZ mentions, hitting the field properly rested and ready for what's ahead is a huge thing.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 18:58   #4
Scouser

Rest and good strong black coffee with no sugar. Preferably from imps, that instant stuff in there is great for keeping you alert
Old December 14th, 2013, 18:58   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Being in good shape is enough to keep you going.
5 hour energy is the next safest option. Tea does nothing, coffee can dehydrate you, drugs are strictly prohibited at every field I've ever been to.
And make sure what you're eating is actually HELPING. Like, don't eat foods that require more than the length of the game to digest.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 19:16   #6
Magnaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Being in good shape is enough to keep you going.
5 hour energy is the next safest option. Tea does nothing, coffee can dehydrate you, drugs are strictly prohibited at every field I've ever been to.
And make sure what you're eating is actually HELPING. Like, don't eat foods that require more than the length of the game to digest.
What, you mean no eating pounds of beef jerky? lol. I hear ya. And the "adderall" was just for a joke.

In all seriousness though, my crew and me run most games the whole time, with very little rest. Maintaining constant awareness can get difficult at times, and becoming clumsy gets costly.

Eating an actual, healthy meal, can help, but isn't always available. I have had success with fasting, mixed with complex carbs from large doses of fruit.

Last edited by Magnaroth; December 14th, 2013 at 19:21..
Magnaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 19:35   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

high protein intake, very high protein intake.
dried fruit bars are great for energy too, try to reduce or eliminate refined sugar intake. Specifically, if you're taking sugar you want fructose, not glucose or sucrose.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 20:24   #8
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

those chocolate high energy bar things are actually pretty good.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 21:49   #9
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I am ok with sleep, LOTS of water, some snacks with sugars and carbs like fruit and chocolate, I also enjoy yummy meat.

I don't drink energy drinks, coffee, 5 hour energy and all substances like it, nor do i eat anything marketed as providing an instant energy boost. I don't want to become dependent on any of it like a lot of people are, nor is there any way the shits good for me.

With that said, if I am really dragging, I do keep a couple energy drinks in my bag just in case.
Since I don't drink 5 a day they actually get me going for a couple hours as a final push to the end of the game. I have done this twice in the past 4 years.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; December 14th, 2013 at 21:52..
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2013, 00:38   #10
J-Man19

Copious amounts of alcohol the night before, 2 hours sleep, wake up drink water and coffee, go to the game.

at least thats what most of joc does lol.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 16:24   #11
Lefty7

Get some of this

http://www.getgrinds.com/
Lefty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 16:38   #12
Deadpool

Good meal before the game, plenty of water and a ziploc full of this:

Also known as M&Ms with obstacles

Chocolat gives the boost, nuts give longterm energy and raisins fill the gap.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 16:51   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

water... when I need flavor, sports drink... when I want to prevent cramping due to low electrolyte, either supplements of the big ones (calcium, magnesium, potassium) salt, we generally have too much in our diets already so I'm usually not in need of it, but if I am there's enough in the sports drink to supplement.

In a 24 hour game, coffee at the right time or a hot beverage depending on climate helps like you wouldn't believe.

No caffiene pills or 'energy' drinks. that shit is nasty.

A healthy choice of foods and snacks the day before the game and game day make a huge difference as well.

Eat garbage, feel like garbage.
Old December 18th, 2013, 17:00   #14
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Carbs are what you need. Not cafeen or proteins.

If you want to feel a real boost, try a gym pre-workout. It's just not a good idea for prolonged endurence. I never took that shit out of the gym and I don't even take it anymore. But it beat any coffee or energy drinks that leave you bloated with high blood pressure.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 17:03   #15
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
high protein intake, very high protein intake.
dried fruit bars are great for energy too, try to reduce or eliminate refined sugar intake. Specifically, if you're taking sugar you want fructose, not glucose or sucrose.
Don't mean to stomp all over your post, but: For energy you actually want a high fat intake, not protein. We aren't trying to get lean, we are trying to get mean.

Protein, red meat especially, is the hardest thing aside from gluten for the body to breakdown and your body actually burns calories trying to break down proteins into amino acids for your body to be able to reuse them.

Fructose is also one of the hardest sugars for the body to digest and is actually being marked by many in the diet-know as something to avoid; because it is so hard to digest you actually will bog your digestive system down, thus bogging the rest of you down. Live and dried fruit actually contain very little fructose, which is why they are a great source of natural sugar or sugar in general. Fructose is extremely sweet tasting and thus they use it in many things in place of glucose; the issue is with people marketing as a healthy sugar because it comes from fruits. Five minutes of looking up articles about high fructose corn syrup will show you why fructose is something to avoid in any and all forms aside from getting it from the live fruit directly.

Breads also bog you down because of the gluten and if you are already tired and have something with lots of wheat in it you'll feel like going into a comatose.

If you want high energy food that means easily digestible high calorie HEALTHY foods: eat nuts, avocado, live or dried fruit (especially berries) as Thunder Cactus mentioned, some protein is good like say making a quick sandwich with cold cuts or canned fish (just not too much; mercury), and of course some veggie snacks like carrots or snap peas.

This said, who doesn't love a cold can of Chef Boyardee in the middle of the night at PRZ?

Edit: if you want something that will give you a serious jolt without a crash or any negative effects, try a powerful vitamin B12 supplement. Take a double dose, pee green, get mean, and go out with hours more energy. ShroomTech Sport is a great one thing to try; its a pre-workout but all natural containing vitamins B6, B12 and cordyceps mushrooms and is used for much more than just a pre-workout. In the way of "stimms", it probably takes the cake.

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; December 18th, 2013 at 17:34..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion