Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACM Anglesight

:

Reviews

Old December 13th, 2011, 18:10   #1
Asteriz1977

ACM Anglesight

During my latest shopping spree, I decided to get this nifty ACM reclica of the Accutact Anglesight. You can find detailed info on the real one, as well as a promo video here:

http://www.accutact.com/anglesight.html

This device is one of the most overpriced items I have seen in the RS world, (where people pay 60$ for a shotgun shell holder, anyway). 250$. For a piece of metal with 2 mirrors and some glass. Unbelievable. 30$ at ACMGear.com sounds a bit more reasonable.

Anyway, Im not here to smash their product, because it is actually great, just the price sucks. But thankfully we have the Chinese, avid to cheapen almost any product to make it affordable to us weekend warriors.

This device is basically a mirror system that allows you use the sights (from Aimpoints and Eotechs to your standard BUIS), to actually aim around corners, without sticking your head, your shoulder and other parts out that could get you “killed”, but without a heavy structure like the kitty cat.

My first question, probably yours too, was: do I have to take it off to aim the gun normally? No. The mirror system lets you see through if you are looking through your sights in the normal position, no switch or anything like it to go from “corner aiming” to regular shoulder aiming. Because the glasses are about 2 fingers wide and high, they don’t cut down the picture of your optic, even on big aiming pictures like on the Eotech.

If installed correctly (just screw it on), it wont change the point of impact of whatever sight you are using. No adjustment or zeroing on this thing.just 2 sets of mirrors, hehe. On the other hand, this is supposed to work only with 1x or no-augmentation optics, but more on that later.

The structure that holds the whole mirror system is mainly metal and some strong plastic material (nylon on the real one) and looks like the low mounting rings for sniper scopes. It uses a thumbscrew to be secured onto the rail. The mirror box is only open on the back (for normal shooting) and on one side, for corner shooting. This led me to believe (while I waited for it, that this could only be used from one side and you would need to reposition yourself on the other side of a door, for example, to be able to use, but I was wrong.
The designers of course thought of this and made the box turnable: you can turn it right when you are on the right side of a door, hole, wall, etc. and left, if you are on the left.

I was kinda of afraid of the rugeddness, because of all the mirrors and glasses, but it feels pretty sturdy in my hands. Not that you cand step on it, but it will withstand normal handling and even light bangs against the wall, like most airsoft optics. No problems there (not going to try it out though, hehe).

To make it even better (this requires some training) the box can stop at any angle (not just one side or the other) for a whole rotation. This way, you can position it at 45º down and by holding the gun up and away from you, you can shoot OVER obstacles, like walls, trenches, etc. This will definitely need training, but imagine how cool it will be to get a kill from inside a hole!

I haven’t used it in battle yet, but I think it is more than a CQB aid. Ive been doing shots in my house at 30 meters or so and it works well, but then again, this is taking long-aimed shots. Sniper scene from “Full metal jacket” anyone?

Ive seen pics (promo, probably) of LEOs using it on the bottom rail of their handgun. There’s no way of holstering the pistol like that, obviously, but I guess you could carry the Anglesight in your pocket and take it out and screw it on in CQB situations. At 120 grams, this wont put much extra weight on a 1 kg metal pistol. Still, until you get the feel of it (the inverted left-right coordination) this will give you better results on a full-auto gun. I hope to be able to mount it on my M11 sometime.

I found the exact measurements of the real one: 1.8"x2.3"x2.75" (with mount)
46x58x70 mm (with mount).

Results with different optics:

ACM Micro-Aimpoint: Red dots with no magnifications are what works best with this.

ACM Elcan Specter (only 4x maginification): Unexpectedly, it works! You just need to maintain the same distance for eye relief. Very cool.

G36 with Mp7 style iron sights: More complicated to aim, because you are using two focal points, but it works.

P.S. The mirror box has Accutact markings on two sides.

Asteriz1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 18:15   #2
Scouser

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product...oducts_id=3602

saw it the other day when i was ordering some parts
Old December 13th, 2011, 18:33   #3
Conker

This was mentionned before, and the bottom line is most people consider that blindshooting and do not allow this in their games.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 18:43   #4
Scouser

i didnt order one, i thought it would be ridiculous for a game, but usefull i suppose for training
Old December 13th, 2011, 19:25   #5
Danke

See I would not consider that blind firing.

The shooter can ID the target, and the target can still light up the gun and the guy's hands.
Old December 13th, 2011, 19:31   #6
Scouser

true, and in some games gun hits count, or take the gun out of play at least untill the player respawns
Old December 13th, 2011, 19:32   #7
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post

The shooter can ID the target, and the target can still light up the gun and the guy's hands.
Neither would I, but distinguishing this from blind firing would prove difficult in a game scenario...
Old December 13th, 2011, 20:35   #8
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post

The problem is you can't see where your muzzle is pointed: the line of sight directly in front of the optics may be clear but the muzzle, which on some guns can be several inches lower, might be lined up directly with something you wouldn't/shouldn't shoot at.
Old December 13th, 2011, 22:46   #9
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The problem is you can't see where your muzzle is pointed: the line of sight directly in front of the optics may be clear but the muzzle, which on some guns can be several inches lower, might be lined up directly with something you wouldn't/shouldn't shoot at.
But it's still at the holosight's/red dot's "level" so you're still seeing what you are shooting at the same you would be by looking into the holosight/red dot normally, no?
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 23:07   #10
Danke

You could get some tunnel vision happening and if someone popped up like a gopher between you and your target they would get tagged.
Old December 13th, 2011, 23:18   #11
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
But it's still at the holosight's/red dot's "level" so you're still seeing what you are shooting at the same you would be by looking into the holosight/red dot normally, no?
When you're looking through the sight, you can see "around" the sight (peripheral, i.e., the muzzle of your weapon etc). But as you can see in the pics, in the mirror you only see through the very narrow tube of the optics.

Example:

lol that took way too much time for what it's worth, but the look on the guy's face was worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoS.jpg (45.3 KB, 307 views)
Old December 14th, 2011, 13:58   #12
Asteriz1977

A player popping up between your target and your BBs, even you getting stratled and shooting as a "trigger" reaction happens even without this device.
This is not blindfiring, but exactly the opposite.

My advice to you: try it out, than form an opinion.
http://www.###.com/anglesight-black-p-2106.html

Last edited by Drake; December 14th, 2011 at 15:05.. Reason: advertising
Asteriz1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 15:03   #13
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteriz1977 View Post
A player popping up between your target and your BBs, even you getting stratled and shooting as a "trigger" reaction happens even without this device.
Triggle discipline fail. That's exactly why you keep your finger off the trigger.

And we're not talking about someone popping up, but someone being directly in front of the muzzle and not visible through the optics.

Quote:
This is not blindfiring, but exactly the opposite.
How is it the opposite?

Quote:
My advice to you: try it out, than form an opinion.
http://www.###.com/anglesight-black-p-2106.html
SPAM much?

Last edited by Drake; December 14th, 2011 at 15:05..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 20:14   #14
Coresair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
When you're looking through the sight, you can see "around" the sight (peripheral, i.e., the muzzle of your weapon etc). But as you can see in the pics, in the mirror you only see through the very narrow tube of the optics.

Example:

lol that took way too much time for what it's worth, but the look on the guy's face was worth it.
touché, had not thought of it that way.

Smartsight would resolve that issue, but is WAY bulkier.
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 20:21   #15
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
Smartsight would resolve that issue, but is WAY bulkier.

Hahaha that dude is wearing his vest backwards, he must be Delta or something very hispeed

Last edited by Conker; December 14th, 2011 at 21:40..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews