Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M500 shotgun broken

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 21st, 2008, 01:08   #1
Kookamater

M500 shotgun broken

I recently bought a M500 6mm gas powered shotgun. I'm not 100% sure of the make as it's a china clone of the Marushin 6mm version.

Anyway, while cocking the shotgun at one point, a piece broke right off. It's attached to the charging handle, or w/e you call it on a shotgun. My internal gunsmanship is bad.

Anyway, here's the situation.

It came off the right side of the shotgun. The circle (sorry for the blur but I couldn't do any better) displays the small metal... bar that pulls the slide forward, successfully cocking it to fire.

Notice how the charging handle is forward, but the small silver slide on the side isn't forward. This indicates that when moving forward, the small piece that makes the slide go forward as well is missing. If it's not fully forward, it won't fire.

'eres the piece that broke.

Anyway, this is moreso like a call for help on where I can get a replacement part for it. I need to find out where I can buy the part(s) to replace it, and also what to buy. I've never taken apart a gun in my life, so I'm clueless as to what I need or where to get it.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Kookamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:29   #2
Murdoch

Send a message via MSN to Murdoch
The charging arms were a common part to break, even on the Marushin version. If you had a Marushin, I would suggest this:

PROUD-ACC-SHOTGUN01 on WGC

If this the ACM clone, I couldn't be sure that these Proud arms would fit it...
Murdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 16:44   #3
Kookamater

Alright, rather than making a new thread, I'll update this one.

I've bought the Proud charging arms but now I'm unsure of how to replace the old handles. I've looked around on google and here and haven't found an assured dissassembly guide of the Marushin M500 6mm version (I have the clone but it shouldn't be any different in terms of taking apart). If anyone knows how to replace them or take apart the M500 to replace the handles, I'd appreciate it.
Old October 10th, 2008, 16:49   #4
Murdoch

I'll try and cook up a quick and dirty guide and also some pics for you. Stay tuned...
Old November 15th, 2008, 13:47   #5
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
A long overdue work in progress
Big thanks for taking the time to put that together, Murdoch!
Old November 15th, 2008, 14:09   #6
Murdoch

A long overdue work in progress.

Unfortunately you have to take down the entire gun like this because the charging arms are locked into the receiver during assembly.
Also I wanted to add another disclaimer; your shotgun is made by ACM I believe, so there may be differences from this Marushin. Just keep that in mind, and shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

And if you break it, it's not my fault.

1. Two philips screws hold on the the butt plate. Use a socket set to unscrew the bolt holding on the stock.

2. Remove the screw in front of the trigger guard and push out the pin holding the trigger assembly in.

3. The trigger assembly should come out easily. Pull down from the back first.

4. Removing the internals is the hardest part on take down and reassembly. Pull the pump all the way back. Slide the internals to the rear of the gun by pressing on the fill valve. Drop the front end of the internals down and the whole unit should come out (see red arrows in step 3). Clean out any grit and grease and re lube when reassembling.

5. Remove the tiny socket set screw from the bottom of the magazine tube. Pull the loading tube out. You can remove the pump at this point. Keep an eye out for the brass ring that may still be inside. It sits at the end of the loading tube to keep it aligned with the receiver. It is held in place by an o-ring on either side of it.

6. Remove two socket set screws from either side of the outer barrel where it meets the receiver. Holding the receiver, slide the barrel forward (it will be snug due to an o-ring inside). Be careful of the ring attached to the outer barrel; it is easy to crack.

7. Unscrew the ring in front of the pump handle and pull the handle forward to expose the pins holding in the charging arms. It takes a lot of force to move the plastic handle. Be patient.

8. Use an allen key to push the pins out.

9. Your charging arms are free! Replace with new ones here.

10. You can see why this arm breaks so easily.

Last edited by Murdoch; November 15th, 2008 at 14:52..
Old November 15th, 2008, 16:29   #7
BloodSport
Traveling Man

http://tech.airsoftcanada.com/Marushin/
Old November 15th, 2008, 21:59   #8
Kookamater

Thanks a lot Murdoch! This will surely help.
Old January 10th, 2009, 19:57   #9
Kookamater

Murdoch provided a good detailed breakdown on the M500. Unfortunately, as I expected with my Chinese clone, there were a few extra steps needed. If you have the chinese clone, you'll probably wanna read this.

The ACM needs almost a total strip down before you can access the internals. This is basically step 4, but only if you have the ACM. First, you need to take off the whole barrel, including the lower loading tubes since everything is attached. And here's why:

See, the inner barrel is attached to the internals. Take off the outer barrel by removing two tiny allen screws near the body of the gun. You'll see them, but my camera couldn't take good shots for you. Once you unscrew those and also follow Murdoc's step 5 for removing the screw near the loading tubes, you're gunna pull off the barrel and tubes all at once since it's all attached. It'll require a bit of force, but still, be careful

Also note, if yours has a heatsheild like mine, you need to take that off first before being able to find the allen screws.

Once you do all that, you're free to unscrew the barrel from the internals. I used a small wrench to pinch it lightly and twist it out.

As you can see, you'll never get the internals out without unscrewing the inner barrel. Also note that tiny screw that was in that aluminum piece is important. Don't lose it!

And once that's all said and done, you have a worktable full of tiny pieces. But the rest of the takedown is pretty much as Murdoch described.

NOTE: one charging handle should be sure to fit, but the other might have too much metal on it. This is when you need to cut off the right ammount where it makes contact with the pumping tube, otherwise it can't lay flat and straight. You'll see what I mean when you try and do it. It's just a matter of doing a bit of cutting. Look to the guns body to figure out which handles go on which side, as one has a clear 'T' shaped hole to accomodate the handle with the 'T'.

And I HIGHLY recommend you buy the steel handles if you have either the marushin or the ACM, because this is why:

When you can bend it like butter with your fingers, you know you want something better.

Hope this helps, and thanks again Murdoch!
Old January 11th, 2009, 00:51   #10
smurata1

Nice work. I also notice now that Private Parts Airsoft (abbr. PPA) also makes steel charging handle rods as well at a reasonable price.
smurata1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:59   #11
jclarke

M500 and parts

I live in the U.S. (yeh, I know, lol) and bought an ACM M500 for our son. He knows, as the dealer told us, that the "proud steel charging handle) break, because of poor quality metal used.

Well, have been looking all over for the part, with little luck. WGC does not have the part, and from emails I have been getting, do not anticipate getting the part.

I'd like to get it and replace before they break. The only place I may have found the item is at http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php?cat=278, and I'm waiting for a reply to see about shipping to the U.S.
jclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:07   #12
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarke View Post
I live in the U.S. (yeh, I know, lol) and bought an ACM M500 for our son. He knows, as the dealer told us, that the "proud steel charging handle) break, because of poor quality metal used.

Well, have been looking all over for the part, with little luck. WGC does not have the part, and from emails I have been getting, do not anticipate getting the part.

I'd like to get it and replace before they break. The only place I may have found the item is at http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php?cat=278, and I'm waiting for a reply to see about shipping to the U.S.
Holy crap, £47? That's like USD$80, before shipping.

You can get the Private Parts one in the US, from AirsoftGI, for $45

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=4168

WGC carry the PROUD ones for a bit more but they're out of stock.
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:09   #13
Amos

The proud handles shouldn't break unless there's some one-handed "movie" pumping going on... and that's just ALL sorts of horrible for the gun.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:07   #14
coach
aka coachster

UNC has the proud action arms. I just installed mine recently and they do require you to mod the bolt side arm. you need to dremel or cut 2 pieces out so that it clears. not sure of the private parts set.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:02   #15
safx

I'm tackling a leaking gas block
on an ACM I recently picked up.

Came across this, thought I'd
share:

http://www.ironfoot.co.uk/forums/vie...t=2409&start=0

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner