Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Off the Slide with my KSC G17

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 24th, 2007, 22:22   #1
RedJag

Question Off the Slide with my KSC G17

Actually the more accurate version is the slide won't stay on my KSC G17. Its only 6mo. old and seen 400-500 rounds of useage (about 5-6 loads per each of 4 mags). Lately the slide won't stay on the frame when returning from the locked back (last round fired) and ejects (projects) itself off the end of the frame.

I've traced the problem to what seems to be the frame release located above the front of the trigger guard, it seems to be soft (spring/tension wise) as due to the fact that when I shim a spacer in below the frame latch all be well but if not, the slide she be fly right off the handle .

Further information interpretations sought as I am v.much a noob at all this trouble shooting and such.

Appreciations is advance
RedJag
RedJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 23:50   #2
WhatTheWho

Bend up part #52 to increase the tension.

http://www.wgcshop.com/gun-folder/ksc-g17-install.htm
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:23   #3
RedJag

Would that have any effect of increased wear on the slide lock spring (part 52).
RedJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 13:14   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Lol, my well worn G19 with metal slide does the exact same thing. Still haven't figured out why though, I think on mine the lower notches on my outer barrel are worn and not catching as well anymore. Gun works fine when the mag is in, but every 4-5 times I'll return the slide to battery without a mag the slide keeps going and falls off the end of the frame. And bending the spring that holds the takedown latch never did anything, nor did replacing the latch.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:34   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I fixed my G19 this morning, turned out I installed the slide removal latch (the one you pull down to remove the slide) the wrong way. I don't know if yours has ever been removed, but on one side of it there's a beveled edge, the other side is square. Beveled edge has to face forwards (allows the cam on the outer barrel to pass over it, push it down to lock) and the square edge has to face back. Easiest way to tell the difference if you can't see, there is a indented circle on the beveled edge side in the center, and on the square edged side there are two rectangular indents.

Doubt this is your problem, but at least I sorted mine out and am putting the fix down here for the record.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner