Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

[VIDEO] Pine Plains 2, Fort Drum NY

:

Airsoft Media

Old June 23rd, 2009, 21:43   #1
thelostx

[VIDEO] Pine Plains 2, Fort Drum NY

Hey folks,

Here is the teaser for the Pine Plains 2 DVD.

[img]http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/ikCbyKld9dQ/default.jpg[/im"]YouTube - Pine Plains 2
thelostx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 22:10   #2
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Oh, that is so awesome. Wished we had more of that here.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 23:19   #3
Kwokwai

Send a message via ICQ to Kwokwai Send a message via MSN to Kwokwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kwokwai
Cool! You can see ACoy-1Pl-2Sq aka Force Recon between 38 - 48 seconds into the video and about the 1:05 mark! My 2 seconds of fame! I'm there at about the 42 and 48 second mark.
Kwokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 23:28   #4
Murdoch

Send a message via MSN to Murdoch
More of? Here I fixed it for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Oh, that is so awesome. Wished we had something even close to that here.
We could have been almost there with BW3, but the community collectively decided to drop trow and wedge its head in its own arse.

M
Murdoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 23:31   #5
Cheesevillage

You guys must have missed Claybank/ Mason Relic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 00:11   #6
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesevillage View Post
You guys must have missed Claybank/ Mason Relic.
wait till you see the video!
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 00:16   #7
Cheesevillage

After I posted here I went and checked the (claybank) forums...nothing!

When is it coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 00:22   #8
QKLee11

Yeah Border Wars 3 scenario would of been just as outsatnding however the community was not willing to pay for a 2 day op. Looks like Krusty wants to take the Border Wars seris to United States. I plan on going on the next op Pine exercise on Labour Day weekend
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:17   #9
Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Oh, that is so awesome. Wished we had more of that here.
Blame lazy, good-for-nothing chairsofters for that. Grrr.

R.I.P. BWIII
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:16   #10
sortie39
Banned

HS!!!!seems like a professional training place only for the army?
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 11:00   #11
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I tried to organise a similar milsim 3 years ago in a former Radar Bunker part of the Pine Tree-line radar defence bunkers of the cold war... The comunity crapped on us because it required purchasing tickets before the game date. That mixed with the land lord messing with our contract resulted in a lot of money lost and a major failure...

I learned that:

- People won't pay before the game day
- People won't sleep at the field, even if you provide hotel likes rooms with beds and other conforts
- People are cheap
- Chairsofters ruin the show.
- People are made of chocolat.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 14:43   #12
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
- People won't pay before the game day

Games like BWIII asked far too much to pay "upfront" to be a loss. The problems with paying upfront entire costs when looking at game play tickets of $100+ (($150 if I recall for BWIII)) is a LOT of money to front only to find out you've had a cancelation in plans due to work, family, life. Thus far I've never seen a single op host suggest the idea of a deposit for a spot. IE. $100 game play, $20 deposit; when you show you put the deposit towards the game ticket. Life gets in the way you're out $20 which is nothing to most people, but to many $100 could have been gas for two weeks! Hell on my bike thats Gas for the SUMMER!

- People won't sleep at the field, even if you provide hotel likes rooms with beds and other conforts

Another bullshit point, but sorry there have been MANY large events where people camp at the game; most reasons are because campings offered the night before rather than the following night to the ones that are successful to this. Case in point every DOW Rawdan game I know of had area's set up that people brought their own tents ((or just did what I did, got drunk slept in the car)).

- People are cheap

Sometimes but not always true. I spend my money well; I will not spend more than I need to for a bell and whistle that will never really help me; but I make sure that what I do put my money towards that it works and keeps on working. You also have to remember that the game is made up of players who use Airsoft as a chance to get away from their regular lives; their wives that tear their nut sacks off for buying a case of beer, students who are eating KD that's two years old because they've dropped every penny into education, kids, house payments, car repairs, the list is endless! I only know one lawyer that plays this game so I can only say there's one bloodsucking son of a bitch rocking the expensive shit when he wants to! But even HE has responsibilities that don't let him play the game all the time! ((Sorry LD, but the Lawyer shots are easy... and fun ))

- Chairsofters ruin the show.

I'm sorry that you let people with keyboards frighten and deter you from having fun; I did not know that ninja boards were now in use during airsoft games

- People are made of chocolate.

Well I could either just be pissed at you for lying to me and now have a court appearance for trying to unwrap the "foils" on the sexy CP delivery girl just now after reading this. Or just say there are many people that are full of shit and that's what febreeze is for.

God, people whine so much that its everyone elses fault for the failures when it comes to airsoft when its the simple fact that its FUCKING AIRSOFT! This isn't the marines where you just tell people "Alright! You and you, game time." And then line up 200 guys for a stellar match; this is the real world where the general populous of us are broke from either the simple things in the real world or the fact that we've already dropped our money on guns and gear and now a walk-on of $150 + $60 fuel + $20 Food + $20 BB's = $250 for one game that I'd rather spend the weekend with a $40 case of beer and just wait for the next one. Airsoft isn't a cheap sport; even a local game $20 walk on + $10 fuel + $20 BB's = $50 a game! And that's if nothing breaks, nothing get's lost, and no one gets into an accident either en route or playing.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 15:07   #13
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
More of? Here I fixed it for you...

We could have been almost there with BW3, but the community collectively decided to drop trow and wedge its head in its own arse.

M
Far from, the picton metal hospital is fun cqb field but absolutely Nothing compared to those big military training facilities in the states (I have played on the picton field)

Last edited by AngelusNex; June 24th, 2009 at 17:05..
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 16:04   #14
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
I tried to organise a similar milsim 3 years ago in a former Radar Bunker part of the Pine Tree-line radar defence bunkers of the cold war... The comunity crapped on us because it required purchasing tickets before the game date. That mixed with the land lord messing with our contract resulted in a lot of money lost and a major failure...

As I recall, the point that precipitated the critical failure was that stunt advertising it on MusiquePlus. In fact, I remember quite a few prominent people and teams who were looking forward to the event and then wanted to quickly dissociate themselves from it after that happened.

Also, IIRC, the price of admission was unusually expensive ($150 or something?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
God, people whine so much that its everyone elses fault for the failures when it comes to airsoft when its the simple fact that its FUCKING AIRSOFT! This isn't the marines where you just tell people "Alright! You and you, game time." And then line up 200 guys for a stellar match; this is the real world where the general populous of us are broke from either the simple things in the real world or the fact that we've already dropped our money on guns and gear and now a walk-on of $150 + $60 fuel + $20 Food + $20 BB's = $250 for one game that I'd rather spend the weekend with a $40 case of beer and just wait for the next one. Airsoft isn't a cheap sport; even a local game $20 walk on + $10 fuel + $20 BB's = $50 a game! And that's if nothing breaks, nothing get's lost, and no one gets into an accident either en route or playing.
While that's all mostly true, I think there's another factor at work: it's not just the bottom line cost of attending, but the perceived value-for-your-money.

The past couple of years the Canadian airsoft player base has evolved and diverged considerably due to the influx of cheap guns of varying degrees of quality and clarity. And accordingly, I've noticed a trend by many game organizers trying to please both the low-investment skirmishers (with mismatched camo, little gear or no gear and bargain basement guns) and the more committed milsimmers/airsoft enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a realistic mix: locations like the radar bunker, the BW3 hospital or even Ft. Drum are fantastic in themselves but that doesn't automatically make for a great event, and many (most?) of the serious players won't drop $100+ for a Counterstike-like skirmish, no matter how great the venue is.

It really comes down to confidence; on one hand, that the organizer will put together a game with good dynamics, rules, etc. and on the other, that the people attending will be up to snuff. People (the serious players, anyway) don't just blindly sign up to events: people look at rosters, people talk and organize.

I know some people will scream "Elitism!," and that people can just go out in whatever makes them happy as long as they have fun and whatnot. Maybe it is elitism, but if you're going to play in a milsim event set yourself up for a milsim event, not a run-and-gun skirmish. And everyone's free to play with whatever they want and have fun, but don't complain if the serious players decide to pass.

You can't please everyone. But if you're going to do a milsim, do a milsim. Everyone in the Ft.Brag vid even had uniform ACU vs. Woodland setups: bunch of people here can't even be bothered getting a proper set of BDUs.
Old June 24th, 2009, 16:46   #15
whisper_kill

I think Drake makes a few valid points. Most people will immediately site "realism" as one of the initial reasons they got into airsoft... however, when presented with "realism" or let's say more realistic military simulations (following orders, patience in the field, engaging the moment and embracing your role within the scenario) they seem to back away a little and leave the game to the hardcore crowd which is significantly smaller.

Bottom line is, a great location + a great game concept, run well, and players who embody the true spirit of "MilSim" will make for a fun game. It can be 10 players or 300 players, doesn't matter how big the game is.

It might all start with teams and individual players needing to train hard and play hard. Dunno.

However, back on topic... video looked great!! Facility looked awesome. Players looked switched on! You can't help but get into it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media