Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

P90 J-shape Battery mod tool up for borrowing!

:

AEG Solutions

Old August 31st, 2005, 12:55   #16
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Don't have a dremel tool? You're supposed to make a notch in the screwdriver, not the flange.

Saddle the notch over the flange and you can bust it out by twisting the screwdriver. Imagine if you had a very stiff fork and saddled the tines over the flange. Twist the fork and they'll bind against the flange. The notch you cut into the screwdriver makes it a fork with only two tines. If the notch is just a bit bigger than the flange profile, you have lots of shearing force to break the flange out.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 18:03   #17
Greykin

I don't have a dremel so I can't really do that =(. I tried melting it down today, but the object never got hot enough to actually make a difference. What I'm doing now will probably take forever, but it's the only thing I can think of now. I don't have the tools to do what Guardian suggested either. What I'm doing now is, straping sand paper around the tip of a screw driver and slowly shaving away at the flange, ugh.
Old August 31st, 2005, 18:37   #18
Gryph

Send a message via MSN to Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greykin
Gryph - it still looks like you'd have to cut the two lumps off the P90 backboard to fit that though.
Nope, all I did was sand down a little off the two bumps, the batteries are nice and snug. The only thing I had to cut off was the plastic clip that holds the wire for the plug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P90 backboard.jpg (94.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P90 battery.jpg (66.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P90 battery clip.jpg (62.7 KB, 19 views)

TM P90, TM G36C, TM P226
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 20:11   #19
Greykin

Ah, that's pretty sweet, it's more of an L-Shaped Battery then J-shaped.

--

I've given up on this stupid ridge for awhile until I can find a dremel tool, it's driving me insane.
Old August 31st, 2005, 20:25   #20
Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greykin
I don't have a dremel so I can't really do that =(. I tried melting it down today, but the object never got hot enough to actually make a difference. What I'm doing now will probably take forever, but it's the only thing I can think of now. I don't have the tools to do what Guardian suggested either. What I'm doing now is, straping sand paper around the tip of a screw driver and slowly shaving away at the flange, ugh.
Dremel tool would need an awful long bit. Sanding will take forever. With the xacto knife taped to a rod method you scratch or score (not cut) the base of that plastic ridge... it took only 10 passes or so. Then use long needlenose pliers to snap it off. You could try a screw driver at that point to push it over, wiggle it one way then the other to weaken it. I did the whole mod in a couple of hours including removing the fuse.

p.s. - I chose the "J" mod so I could stick with NiCd's. I am sure the rate of fire is worth the effort!
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 21:11   #21
Gryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
p.s. - I chose the "J" mod so I could stick with NiCd's. I am sure the rate of fire is worth the effort!
The only P90 9.6v NiCd battery they have is a 600mAh. Does this last as long as the 1100mAh NiMH? :? Some players swear by NiCds, I prefer the hassle-free recharging of NiMHs.

TM P90, TM G36C, TM P226
Old August 31st, 2005, 21:32   #22
Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph
Quote:
The only P90 9.6v NiCd battery they have is a 600mAh. Does this last as long as the 1100mAh NiMH? :? ...
That's not correct. My P90 9.6v NiCd battery is 1700 mAh. "J" configuration.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 21:48   #23
Gryph

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph
Quote:
The only P90 9.6v NiCd battery they have is a 600mAh. Does this last as long as the 1100mAh NiMH? :? ...
That's not correct. My P90 9.6v NiCd battery is 1700 mAh. "J" configuration.
Sorry Guardian, I was referring to the "L-type" mini-battery I use for the P90.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10193.26

TM P90, TM G36C, TM P226
Old August 31st, 2005, 23:56   #24
MadMax

Quote:
Dremel tool would need an awful long bit. Sanding will take forever. With the xacto knife taped to a rod method you scratch or score (not cut) the base of that plastic ridge... it took only 10 passes or so. Then use long needlenose pliers to snap it off. You could try a screw driver at that point to push it over, wiggle it one way then the other to weaken it. I did the whole mod in a couple of hours including removing the fuse.

AARRGhhhhh!!!

The dremel tool is used to cut a notch IN THE SCREWDRIVER!

_________
..............|
............_|
...........|
...........|
...........| _
..............|
..............|
-----------

Set the notch over the ridge and twist the screwdriver to bust out the flange.

If you don't have a dremel, a hacksaw blade should be able to cut your notch. If you're really in a bind, pay for shipping both ways, and I'll ship my modified screwdriver to you. I'm located in Toronto.

The notched screwdriver has to be the easiest way to clear out the flange. IRC some P90 owners bust the halves apart to get at this flange, but I feel it's a pretty messy way to get into there.

Old September 1st, 2005, 00:13   #25
Greykin

Guardian - I tried that method actually. I did a perfect 90degree bend in exacto blade, I'm suprised it didn't snap, I can't seem to score the flange enough though to have it snap off from my screw driver, maybe my exacto blade isn't sharp though.

---

MadMax - Hey, I may consider that, but I wanna try one more thing. My friend, she suggested that I use a soldering iron, stick it down there, and melt away the flange, what do you think of this?
Old September 1st, 2005, 00:22   #26
MadMax

Sticky and messy. The molten plastic has to go somewhere so you may just end up smearing it around and make it harder to remove.

I'm not sure about this, but a pair of needle nose pliers might do the trick. Put them down the cavity and grip the flange very tightly. Give it a twist and see if you can bust pieces out

Old September 1st, 2005, 00:28   #27
Greykin

Fack. Ok, I'll try the needle nose pliers and Guardian's tactic again tommorow, if I can't seem to get either to work, I'll probably ask to borrow your screwdriver MadMax.

Thank you all for the help so far, damn notorious ridge, I hate you!
Old September 1st, 2005, 00:33   #28
MadMax

Tell you what:

I'm probably not going to have to break the flange out of a P90 for a while. How about you pay for me to ship it to you and you hang onto it until the next person needs it and they pay you to ship it to them. No point paying double shipping every time the tool has to move from me to someone else and it saves me from having to put it in a box and walk to the P.O. every time.

Get a mod to put this post in the solved problems bin and put a big flashing red text in the top post to advertise the availability of the tool.

I'm quite happy to donate this tool to airsofters in Canada. I'll just scratch my URL into it as some free advertising or something.

Old August 12th, 2006, 01:46   #29
Freedom

I just took off the tr side rails and set in at the back, drilled a small hole for the wire and added a peq box that holds my 9.6 1700 mah. It's ugly but works nice
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions