Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C7A2 Project

:

Canadian

Old February 21st, 2016, 17:42   #1
Fenrirsol

C7A2 Project

Hi Everyone,

I'm a diemaco fan from the netherlands and I'm going to recreate one for airsoft. I think I have pretty much everything down. The only thing I find hard to find is the colour green that was used on the gun / c79 cover. I've seen people say it's just OD and some people saying it's "Rifle green" or "CF green". I've also seen people say it's just a green from krylon but they have loads of green shades. I've never seen one in person so it's hard to judge what the right colour should be. Does anyone here know what the actual colour is?
Fenrirsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 21:20   #2
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
Krylon Camo brand in OD green is close enough!

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 22:37   #3
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

maybe if you use a tan basecoat, otherwise it'll be wayyyy too dark.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 21:32   #4
danhay

I shot this photo at an open day a few years ago:

As you can see, there are four different shades of green furniture on the C7A2 in the photo. The CADPAT cam mesh thing in the background is pretty much the same colour as a brand spanking new set of CADPAT combats (I mentioned this to give you a reference point for the colour).

It's also worth pointing out that the rifle does not have the ambidextrous controls or the extended charging handle latch. The is proof that the modifications were not universally implemented.

I believe this rifle was 'owned' by the PPCLI (that's what I was told). It was photographed at a Calgary Stampede display put on by members of the Calgary Highlanders, KOCR, LdSH (RC) and the PPCLI.

Last edited by danhay; February 22nd, 2016 at 21:35..
danhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 08:32   #5
Fenrirsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_p120 View Post
Krylon Camo brand in OD green is close enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
maybe if you use a tan basecoat, otherwise it'll be wayyyy too dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhay View Post

As you can see, there are four different shades of green furniture on the C7A2 in the photo. The CADPAT cam mesh thing in the background is pretty much the same colour as a brand spanking new set of CADPAT combats (I mentioned this to give you a reference point for the colour).

It's also worth pointing out that the rifle does not have the ambidextrous controls or the extended charging handle latch. The is proof that the modifications were not universally implemented.

I believe this rifle was 'owned' by the PPCLI (that's what I was told). It was photographed at a Calgary Stampede display put on by members of the Calgary Highlanders, KOCR, LdSH (RC) and the PPCLI.
Thanks everyone for your input.
Guess this confirms my assumption that there was no specific color used.

Thanks alot for the photograph as well.
the reference to new CADPAT is really handy.

Now I've already found the following set.
would you reckon it's a good idea to try and get that imported or should I just try and get some repro stuff and spray paint those.
The price difference doesn't seem too big.

I'm not planning on buying a m16 replica because I'm going to replace the internals completely anyway and this way I won't have to compromise on parts.
Fenrirsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 18:37   #6
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhay View Post

The furniture all comes pretty much the same, over time and use, it wears.

The C7A2 upgrade was a universal standard, when that rifle was sent (Back?) out it should have had the ambi controls.

The CADPAT Meash "Thing" is an individual/personal cam net. I've somehow wound up with about 4 of them over the years, never even used any of them lol. I just keep getting given them when I go to stores to get other shit.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian